Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

With what we already have I thought we had more faith in Blanck being our long term FB. However going after Barrass …… I reckon the club is aiming to create an environment to have a list where there is competition for spots in every position on every line.

Going into the year we already had this in the midfield, HB, wings, rucks. This year building on the small/key forward department. Now shoring up our key position backs. Our depth in all positions over the ground is becoming impressive and Sam knows that this is what’s needed to get through a long season to make finals and then peak during finals. I love his thinking.

Think Dimma has experience handling players with extracurriculars. Think he can handle Mac, especially with his talent level. Could be anything.

Mac Andrew would look fantastic in Hawthorn colours. I would give up pick 18 this year and next.

With what we already have I thought we had more faith in Blanck being our long term FB.

I like Blanck - I am excited iby Blanck but why are some posters talking as though he is a lock to be our KPD once recovered. He is an exciting prospect but I think people are overstating where is it at. I don't think recruiting Barrass is a lack of faith in Blanck but a reasonable assessment of a KPD very early in his career who is coming off an ACL.

Still on a high from that result and gushing over our recruiting. Quick straw poll. Rank our recruits the past two seasons.

Chol
Dambrosio
Ginnivan
Meek

My ranking is ….

3. Chol
1. Dambrosio
4. Ginnivan
2. Meek

Still on a high from that result and gushing over our recruiting. Quick straw poll. Rank our recruits the past two seasons.

Chol
Dambrosio
Ginnivan
Meek

My ranking is ….

3. Chol
1. Dambrosio
4. Ginnivan
2. Meek
Hard to do, but I would go Meek 1. We were 0-5 with the other 3 in side, but once we injected Meek into the side the whole season shifted. I was worried he was a totally diff ruckman to Reeves and we would miss Reeves taps, but Meek has showed he's equally as good a tap ruckman plus the rest of his game. Sam nailed this recruitment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We just smashed a team w the best KPF combination in the league.

We don’t need to trade our first pick on a 29 year old KPD as if we have a massive hole in the defence.

I think the big picture is that bringing in Barrass and Battle will free up Weddle and Sicily to be damaging further up the ground. Truthfully they’re both too skilled to be wasted on negating roles. Imagine our forward 50 with Sicily at CHF and Weddle on a flank pushing up to the wing.

We don’t need to trade our first pick on a 29 year old KPD as if we have a massive hole in the defence.

Disagree. You need only look to what Hogan did to us last week.

Our defense is incredible when the midfield and forward pressure is up but that can fluctuate during a game. Barrass adds stability when the game isn't on our terms, and he's a wall when it is.

Wasn't looking super pretty in the 1st when McKay was manhandling Scilly. We got on top and then Curnow got injured. I still think adding Barrass is a great move.

Sicily got off the chain once Curnow went down. Barrass would let that happen more often.

Disagree, I thought as soon as Curnow was out of the picture we got a good look at what life could look like with Weddle and Sis off the chain, getting Battle and Barras could help bring this every week.

Come on.. McKay and Curnow were looking good in the first and all over Sicily.

We still win the game if Curnow stays on but we were struggling against those two early.

Not to mention Weddle can then move forward

Nail down the spine and the sky is the limit. Anyone can see we are punching above our weight down back.

I firmly believe we have the midfielders on this list to take us to the next step.
We have established a set quartet that contribute evenly Nuke,Nash,Day,Worpel.

Weddle,D'Ambrosio,Mackenzie have huge up side! Throw in C-Mac. Not to mention our B&F has been tagged out of both recent games.

Agree, if we get Battle that’s enough to help our flexibility. Keep investing in the draft and target KPF.

Curnow went down early and then they were left with just one KPF who was also pretty banged up.
A key defender is a big hole on our list and Barrass is the perfect plug for that hole.

This side with Barrass and Battle in it.....so exciting to think about what that allows the likes of Sicily and Weddle to do. No brainer imo to give our first for Barrass.

Find another KPF in the next year or 2 and we are pretty set.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

He comes out next year. Will Gold Coast have enough $ to keep him? His price is going up.
Exactly. Save our salary cap this year. Front end contracts and go bang next year to offer a genuine game changer $15mill over 10 years at the end of 2025.

Mac Andrew > Barrass + Battle

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back