Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I would prefer to get Battle & Perryman as we don’t have to give up draft capital. But if Baz wants to come I would look to split our 2024 first pick (7-10).

Freo could be an option but we may need to trade players as well.

Ward, CJ, DGB and Reeves could be used to get a deal done.

The other option is if the AFL allow draft picks to be traded two years in advance. We can trade our 2024,25,26 second round picks for a late first rounder.

I’m not a fan of trading our future first at this stage. If Day and Newcombe go down with long term injuries next year I still think we could finish bottom 5.

I would prefer to get Battle & Perryman as we don’t have to give up draft capital. But if Baz wants to come I would look to split our 2024 first pick (7-10).

Freo could be an option but we may need to trade players as well.

Ward, CJ, DGB and Reeves could be used to get a deal done.
That's ridiculous sorry to say. CJ is best 22 any weekend, Reeves is the only competent ruck we have if Meek goes down and Ward is a promising young player (who i thought did well against Freo in terms of his 1%ers).
And DGB wouldn't get any deal done.

If we finish in the same position by the end off the year, then i hope we can split pick 6 with someone like Freo for 13 and 16 and take Hotton, Moraes and one off the Talls like Whitlock, Ofarrell or Trainor.

If we finish in the same position by the end off the year, then i hope we can split pick 6 with someone like Freo for 13 and 16 and take Hotton, Moraes and one off the Talls like Whitlock, Ofarrell or Trainor.
how would splitting the pick allow us to get Trainor? He’s projected top 5 at a minimum. Even moraes is projected around 8 (which is what our 6 will be after academy bids and free agency compensation).

This would have the be the end of the compensation as we know it - the system isn’t meant to encourage teams to give up a player because they’ll get another first round pick. Make compensation picks end of round picks only - or scrap them entirely.

This would have the be the end of the compensation as we know it - the system isn’t meant to encourage teams to give up a player because they’ll get another first round pick. Make compensation picks end of round picks only - or scrap them entirely.

I think you’re right… the AFL was more than happy for North to do it but they won’t stick their head in the sand this time. Hopefully the change will come.

I think you’re right… the AFL was more than happy for North to do it but they won’t stick their head in the sand this time. Hopefully the change will come.
I think they will let the Saints get away with it as a form of unofficial equalisation. They must be pretty worried about Saints and their lack of success.

The decision of compensation, and how, is left to the AFL. The issue if it going to exist, is it must be transparent. All Clubs should be able to work with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Montagna doesn't understand what a UFA means. We don't need to trigger anything you idiot!!

Not sure whether to laugh or cry at comments like this…

St Kilda great Leigh Montagna agreed, adding: “I think the number would have to be whatever triggers a first-round pick for St Kilda, because they do need more high-end talent.

Not sure whether to laugh or cry at comments like this…

St Kilda great Leigh Montagna agreed, adding: “I think the number would have to be whatever triggers a first-round pick for St Kilda, because they do need more high-end talent.

Does he not understand the rules of free agency? Is it copium? Is he implying Battle will only leave if the Saints are looked after?

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

Leigh Montagna issues Hawks an ultimatum...

How is it that Daniel McKenzie was an RFA for them last year but Battle is UFA this year? Someone ****ed up there

Battle wants to do the right thing by StKilda. Regardless of his requirements or his responsibilities. I repeat, the AFL determines compensation.
How far does that go though? If we offered him a deal that only triggered band 2 compo would he be willing to sign on with saints and blow up the move?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back