Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

can people PLEASE stop talking about trading Morrison, he's an UFA. He will go where he wants to, or stay at Hawthorn, but he can't be traded!!!
my guess is he's playing for North next year.
You are off ya fcuking head !!

I want what you’re having

What a sh*tty question to be asking him in the Saints locker room right after the game. What the heck is he supposed to say? Battle (as he looks around to see if anyone is listening) and then proceeds to whisper 'I can't fooking wait to get out of here to join the club I supported as a child so I can take awesome selfies and top notch goal celebrations'

I did laugh how he mentioned that Ross was like a father figure. Classic.
Ginnivan did that but he didn't whisper, just interrupted the question to point out that it wasn't his dream to play on ANZAC day, he wanted to play for Hawthorn.

I would rather hammer my own penis to the floor than hand over two first round picks for Tom Barrass.

I dunno. A video of Seysearles nailing his penis to the floor might just seal it.

Hammer + penis + DGB for Barrass?
Scott Aukerman Tattoo GIF

I disagree. I reckon he's made the decision to leave and feels guilty that he's abandoning everyone for a better situation. The fact is he is most leaving for a better situation (likely financial + team success) so what you're seeing from him in that clip is guilt which is normal if you're a good human. Like any player leaving relationships are severed. We'll just have to wait to see how it goes.
The decision was made months ago when saints dropped a pretty good (but not amazing) extension in front of him with the assumption that he'd just re-sign and they could move on. And he didn't sign it, then Ross goes on TV and basically says, nah he's not going to sign Hawks have him.

A few times since there have been "he's staying" rumours but then the announcement never comes.

Last month or so if been in contact with Stkilda people who are saying what ross said months ago, leaving to Hawthorn is the constant message.

CJ would shatter the playing group. We have built the best culture in the league. We must protect it at all costs.
We shouldn't look at trading any players. That's west Coasts job. They know Barrass wants to join Hawthorn so get on the phone and start making offers to Hawthorn players now.

This is exactly what the Bulldogs did way back with Griffin. GWS targeted Griffin and Bulldogs just demanded Boyd in return. GWS laughed at them and said they will not trade Boyd, untouchable, contracted etc... next day Boyd is telling GWS to trade him to WB.

If West Coast wants a player in a deal for Barrass start getting them on the hook. Heck even if it's not a Hawthorn player they need to have players wanting to join them first, then they can be part of 3 way deals etc..

Even grown ups are now mad Hawks fans now, everyone's welcome
Destination club?
I like the thought that we're the Destiny Club
Just had a big family function where I was the only Hawks fan and legit everybody was talking about Hawthorn and how they backed us for flag X weeks ago or how they hope to hell we let someone else win it this year because they can see the next 7-8 years of dominance coming.

He can say whatever he wants whenever he wants. There's no rule against it.

But it's generally accepted that players wait until both clubs' seasons are done out of respect.

I think O’Meara came out in 2016 before our final against Geelong and nominated us as his preferred club. I’m still trying to shut that game out. Bloody Issac missing after the siren.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the problem is that Rory Lobb is even older and even less proven. He's been okay in defence this year but being 32 next year it doesn't exactly scream successful long term move.
And he looks like Crispin Glover. We can't have George McFly running around in Hawthorn colours

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

I think O’Meara came out in 2016 before our final against Geelong and nominated us as his preferred club. I’m still trying to shut that game out. Bloody Issac missing after the siren.
Gold Coast aren’t worth respecting.

Barrass vs Petracca is not merely a KPD vs Mid.
Petracca is top 1-2 player in the league over the last 5 seasons A match winner of his calibre, even without getting Battle, would make Barrass completely unnecessary.
Have mid so don't need Full Back?

Just my two cents here...

But, if Trac was to push hard to leave for Hawthorn, surely our F1, a 2nd rounder and Mitch Lewis would get the deal done, escpecially if Neal-Bullen leaves and it gives them good draft capital to have a crack at Harley Reid.

I love Mitch, and would hate to see him go, but if we can also bring in Barrass & Battle, and send Petal forward, I think it's the kind of move that could just blow our Premiership window wide open for the next 5 years.

Again, don't think it'll happen, but in a land of hypotheticals and fantasy, it's a fun idea

And he looks like Crispin Glover. We can't have George McFly running around in Hawthorn colours

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Crispin Glover sure could kick though!

IMG_8373.jpeg

Last edited:
Coach is aware? Before even being appointed? Who is it?
Obviously I meant Schofield. He's the coach atm yeah?

As I said last week, Barrass wanting to leave was an open secret amongst his closest friends in the playing group and now he's unofficially informed Schofield and at least two committee members.
He may have told everyone, I don't know. But I do know the above.

The bottom line however is whether an acceptable deal gets done. I have no idea what they're asking or what we're offering.

Last edited:
Just my two cents here...

But, if Trac was to push hard to leave for Hawthorn, surely our F1, a 2nd rounder and Mitch Lewis would get the deal done, escpecially if Neal-Bullen leaves and it gives them good draft capital to have a crack at Harley Reid.

I love Mitch, and would hate to see him go, but if we can also bring in Barrass & Battle, and send Petal forward, I think it's the kind of move that could just blow our Premiership window wide open for the next 5 years.

Again, don't think it'll happen, but in a land of hypotheticals and fantasy, it's a fun idea

I don't think Mitch gets it done tbh. He is a banged up 26yo FF with all the promise in the world but whose body has (so far) not let him show it consistently.

For a club like Melbourne, letting Trac go now is basically saying it is rebuild time so a FF who will realistically be 31/32 (if he is still playing then) by the time they are pushing finals isn't the highest priority I'd guess.

It would take at a minimum a top 5 pick another first and a good young player (Ward/French) to get a trade through I'd think

Just had a big family function where I was the only Hawks fan and legit everybody was talking about Hawthorn and how they backed us for flag X weeks ago or how they hope to hell we let someone else win it this year because they can see the next 7-8 years of dominance coming.
everything emperor GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back