Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not a crappy workplace for him though. He apparently has no issues with the club. I really don't get why people are sour on him trying to not screw St Kilda over. It's the same reason I had a dash of respect for Dangerfield in how he departed Adelaide. A trade was facilitated so Adelaide got more than they would via AFL compo. I am still pissed off about how Buddy left - the 9 year deal was designed to ensure we couldn't match the trade. If we could have matched we would have gotten a significantly better outcome and it is a failing on Buddy that he allowed Pickering and Swans to **** us over.
That is a myth. Danger accepted a free agent offer and Adelaide were going to match so a trade was done. Danger was filthy Geelong had to weaken their team going forward to get him.

That is a myth. Danger accepted a free agent offer and Adelaide were going to match so a trade was done. Danger was filthy Geelong had to weaken their team going forward to get him.
if thats a myth then maybe...just maybe...the numbers you seem to be so offended by that the media are reporting are too?

http://archive.today/jgZCs

Jon Ralph on why Hawthorn paying Josh Battle five million bucks over six years makes sense. See link above for article.

Maybe if this season and all the controversy hadn't played out this way, but then he would never be available. A fit and in form Oliver is the best contested midfielder in the league. This current one is like a completely different player.
I remember Stengle at Crows having a few issues, Cats take a risk and he ends up an all Australian, what about Ginnivan? He’s turned out alright!

If anyone on here thinks a fit, focused Oliver wouldn’t make us a better team then there delusional, however I understand there’s still a risk involved. He wouldn’t come cheaper ( trade wise) and if we could get him back to the Oliver of a couple off years ago he would push us from a finals side ( next year) to a top 4 challenger imo.

No inside info! However Smith chose the Hawks last year, I’ll be surprised if he has changed his mind.

We really do not want a lot of attention on our targets so everyone’s staying quiet until after the season.

Watching fellow Hawk fans who were traded in and excelling would have one B.Smiths attention I reckon.
How do we know for sure he asked to come to us last year? I would of thought if he ask the Dogs for a trade last year it would of got done, considering who they “allegedly” wanted in the draft and the picks we had.

I remember Stengle at Crows having a few issues, Cats take a risk and he ends up an all Australian, what about Ginnivan? He’s turned out alright!

If anyone on here thinks a fit, focused Oliver wouldn’t make us a better team then there delusional, however I understand there’s still a risk involved. He wouldn’t come cheaper ( trade wise) and if we could get him back to the Oliver of a couple off years ago he would push us from a finals side ( next year) to a top 4 challenger imo.

If you think that having a meth dependency is comparable to a drink driving incident and Ginni doing a bit of ketamine then it's likely no use arguing the point with you.

If you think that having a meth dependency is comparable to a drink driving incident and Ginni doing a bit of ketamine then it's likely no use arguing the point with you.
Where’s the meth stuff cause I can’t find anything in the net about him using meth! ADHD medication is on there however. And just quietly I don’t think a merh dependent person is going to be able to front up week after week and play any professional sport!

Where’s the meth stuff cause I can’t find anything in the net about him using meth! ADHD medication is on there however. And just quietly I don’t think a merh dependent person is going to be able to front up week after week and play any professional sport!

Ben Cousins says hi.

And he won a Brownlow and premiership!! Anyway can you direct me to anything with Clayton Oliver and meth on the net, cause I can’t find anything!
What's the source of the rumour you brought to this thread?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He isn't doing it for the Saints. It's self interest to get the most for himself.
dont forget it isnt him in direct conversation having financial conversations either. It would be his manager who is trying to get every last dollar out of a deal that for a guy who is being spoken about in the media right now is coming from a club who arent spoken about at all, it would be the Manager that "leaks" the information to the media

if there are big numbers in the media then thats coming from somewhere, who has the most to gain from it? StKilda trying to hint at not matching in their pitch if its high enough and the agent trying to get as much as he can for his client and therefore himself when his % comes off the deal.

Also before anyone reads it the wrong way I am not talking about StKilda matching a free agency bid I mean the money getting so much that they pull out of the race

How do we know for sure he asked to come to us last year? I would of thought if he ask the Dogs for a trade last year it would of got done, considering who they “allegedly” wanted in the draft and the picks we had.

As I stated I had no inside info! Only what’s been reported here and via the various media.

No inside info! However Smith chose the Hawks last year, I’ll be surprised if he has changed his mind.

We really do not want a lot of attention on our targets so everyone’s staying quiet until after the season.

Watching fellow Hawk fans who were traded in and excelling would have one B.Smiths attention I reckon.

Not sure how you can say that bolded line, when everyone has been discussing the links with Smith for over a year, and the links with Battle and Perryman have been extensively covered over the last few months.

That type of dependency is worse than heroin. A good mate of mine has a twin brother that worked a lot of night shift + long hours and he got hooked on the stuff with the other workers there. He went from being a fit toned 80kg guy that used to compete in Muay Thai fighting to a skinny 60kg guy that get's spaced out and delusional.

That stuff changes your brain and a lot of studies think that's irreversible. The toll it has had on my mate and his family is terrible and I'd never wish it on my worst enemy.

The question that any well run club should / will be asking themselves is 'why is a a 3 x All Australian, 1 x premiership player and 4 x club best and fairest for sale in the damaged goos aisle'. If I had to guess then I think Ned's post answers the question to that one.

Battle is basically our Mitch McGovern moment.
He's a better player for sure IMO, but he's not gonna improve the team in the way a player on +900K a year should.

That money is better spent elsewhere.

Battle is basically our Mitch McGovern moment.
He's a better player for sure IMO, but he's not gonna improve the team in the way a player on +900K a year should.

That money is better spent elsewhere.
You're going to be tagged every week for this take, Battle isn't some bit projection player. He will easily be our second best defender.

Was told by someone pretty high up in footy media about the Oliver meth story, definitely not the kind of bloke you want to be bringing into your club. That being said I could see Essendon doing it in a heartbeat
not the thing to joke about so I wont but theres a joke there about it improving their culture somewhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back