Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Was just chatting to someone about Bailey Smith .
This was in Waikiki and the guy had no idea about footy.
But after giving him a brief rundown on AFL , FA and trade with him , his opinion was we most likely were going to get Smith .

Hopefully that might alleave some stress about where he is heading .
Was it this guy?

IMG_6458.jpeg

This is the kind of even draft I’d back McKenzie and co to go to work and find a gun amongst the evenness of the talent…

He very rarely misses all together- DGB being the only one due to how difficult that 2020 draft year was…

Baz would be a bonus but not the end of the world if we miss out…
I would rather the pick then Smith. We need a KPP anyway and wouldn't cost us $1 mil a year🤷

Smith would add to our midfield mix nicely but at the same time there is some absolute gems in the top 10 and beyond in this draft. Win either way!
At the end of the day, if Smith chooses Geelong it does make sense for him. They need him to be the face of their midfield rebuild, and they're desperate to improve their stocks.

We're looking to add to our group of under 24's, and complete our midfield for a flag tilt. If he choose us over the Cats (number 1 mid, Cotton On $$$$) and turns his back on what is supposedly on offer, then we know he's going to take the mantle as the Number 1 rusted on Hawk nuffie at the club.

At the end of the day, if Smith chooses Geelong it does make sense for him. They need him to be the face of their midfield rebuild, and they're desperate to improve their stocks.

We're looking to add to our group of under 24's, and complete our midfield for a flag tilt. If he choose us over the Cats (number 1 mid, Cotton On $$$$) and turns his back on what is supposedly on offer, then we know he's going to take the mantle as the Number 1 rusted on Hawk nuffie at the club.
We might have to bring the boxing gloves back out at training.
There’s a few who could take that mantle & might want to fight for it

But after giving him a brief rundown on AFL , FA and trade with him , his opinion was we most likely were going to get Smith .

I’ve seen enough

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Attachments

• IMG_3157.gif
    IMG_3157.gif
    326.2 KB · Views: 49

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rob McCartney on SEN tonight, was asked about our offseason player targets but understandably refused to divulge.

Adam White made a joke referencing Battle and then Gerard Healy made one referencing Marshall (Assuming Rowan given Todd just signed long term with Port).

I wonder if there’s anything to the Marshall reference as I could see the interest for us. His skillset and style as a player far more closely resembles Meek than Reeves does.

Which is good for consistency within the midfield. Marshall is good around the ground and able to play forward which gives us the option to play two rucks. Something Sam has said previously he’d like to be able to do.

Presumably we wouldn’t be able to keep Reeves in that scenario and Saints would need a ruck. So maybe we ensure Battle gets them pick 5 as compo and then there’s a trade of rucks.

Rob McCartney on SEN tonight, was asked about our offseason player targets but understandably refused to divulge.

Adam White made a joke referencing Battle and then Gerard Healy made one referencing Marshall (Assuming Rowan given Todd just signed long term with Port).

I wonder if there’s anything to the Marshall reference as I could see the interest for us. His skillset and style as a player far more closely resembles Meek than Reeves does.

Which is good for consistency within the midfield. Marshall is good around the ground and able to play forward which gives us the option to play two rucks. Something Sam has said previously he’d like to be able to do.

Presumably we wouldn’t be able to keep Reeves in that scenario and Saints would need a ruck. So maybe we ensure Battle gets them pick 5 as compo and then there’s a trade of rucks.
Marshall and reeves are just in a different league. But if we can land him, sure go for it!

The top end of the first round looks very ordinary going by Twomey's list.

We should look to split or trade our first pick bc I really like the look of a few players in the +14 range.

We should look to split or trade our first pick bc I really like the look of a few players in the +14 range.

The appetite to split will be low everyone knows the top 20 are quite even. The best chance is to offer future picks to get in. Our f1 might be appealing to tigers freo suns who either have or I expect to have multiple firsts.

The appetite to split will be low everyone knows the top 20 are quite even. The best chance is to offer future picks to get in. Our f1 might be appealing to tigers freo suns who either have or I expect to have multiple firsts.
I do NOT want to trade our future first to get into what looks like a ordinary first 20 or so.
If anything, I'd consider trading out of this first round.

As always, Sleepy and co are trusted to do the business, but I am not enthused at all at this point.
Hopefully we get more highlights that are better edited to show the players at their best.

I do NOT want to trade our future first to get into what looks like a ordinary first 20 or so.
If anything, I'd consider trading out of this first round.

As always, Sleepy and co are trusted to do the business, but I am not enthused at all at this point.
Hopefully we get more highlights that are better edited to show the players at their best.
I’ve watched all the championships games in full. to call it ordinary is simply wrong. There is little likelihood of a Harley Reid sure, but this is a strong draft where all the experts who usually only do a top 20 at this stage of the year, have all said they had to push to 30 given the depth. Give the positional variety as well there could be superstars given time to develop especially KP. To trade out especially when we are trying to fast track our rise makes no sense.

I’ve watched all the championships games in full. to call it ordinary is simply wrong. There is little likelihood of a Harley Reid sure, but this is a strong draft where all the experts who usually only do a top 20 at this stage of the year, have all said they had to push to 30 given the depth. Give the positional variety as well there could be superstars given time to develop especially KP. To trade out especially when we are trying to fast track our rise makes no sense.
Compare the top 10 from last year.
Which of this year's top 10 would break in ahead of those players based on what we knew about them last season.

Because the draft is thick and long (meaning no obvious star but the guy you get at 10 is closer to the guy at 20 than normal) there will be a lot of teams thinking about splitting this year

Problem for those teams there will be less if any teams wanting to pay the price to move up

Gold Coast most likely if they can get inside the Lombard bid

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back