Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No we don't, he's contracted.
If Frost asked to leave with another club was offering 3 years then you'd think we would grant his wish or at the very least we'd present a revised offer (2 years ?). We're the HFC not the EFC.

I think it'd depend entirely on what happens with Barrass. If that deal falls through, I doubt we'd be open to trading Frosty even if he requested it.

There is also Serong to consider. He may request a trade to get more game time. Ditto Phillips. DGB likely to be traded/delisted. Blanck no guarantee to return to form either. McCabe will take some time to develop. Even if we do get Barrass and we let Frost leave, we could still be worse off than before.

If Frost truly wanted to go, I'm sure we'll accommodate it, but it would be quite risky.

Correct, but if players want to go, hawthorn has usually accommodated that.
If Frost wants to go for extra years/$$, he will go.

Personally, I think he stays.

If he gets a better deal elsewhere and wants to go, we sure AF ain't forcing him to stay. Just as the weagles aren't forcing Barrass to stay.

Contracts mean nothing in this sense.

If Frost asked to leave with another club was offering 3 years then you'd think we would grant his wish or at the very least we'd present a revised offer (2 years ?). We're the HFC not the EFC.
This we will more than likely up our offer. We would like to keep him. However if he still wants to go then we will accommodate him

I think Mitch made it pretty clear on SEN this morning that he wants Frosty to stay and he is in Sam's best 22 plans.

Referenced that we wanted to use our flexibility a bit more this year but we're unable due to injuries - specifically called out how Geelong use Stewart in the context of Sicily and also that Weds future is clearly up the ground.

we are really really thin wrt key defensive stocks at the moment.

Frost, had a belter of a season, Hawks will want to retain him. Heart and soul player, vision of his devastation after last Friday's loss highlighted this.
DGB, finished, had plenty of chances to impress, but is a bust. Face it, deal with it, and move on.
Blanck, possibly has the ability, but yet to show it. Harry tore him a new hole when the Blues thumped the Hawks last year, whilst he's not the first and won't be the last, it was a very disappointing showing. I am nowhere near as bullish as others on him, and given Sam's desperation to get in the two B's, I suspect neither is he. (despite the glowing assessment)
Serong, marginal, there's a problem when you are a small key, and Georgiades is still too quick for you.
Phillips, actually played a decent game in his one appearance, but looks more like one of those super VFL sub-par AFL players
Sicily, obviously a star, but is he a key back?
McCabe, way too young to assess, seems to have the tools, but will need another 2-3 years.

So, even if you get in Barrass, if Frostie goes, our key defensive stocks will remain wafer-thin. You'd be left with Barrass taking a lock-down role in Frostie's absence, which kinda negates the reason for his recruitment.

Barrass will happen (opinion)
I believe that if a deal can be struck (if a deal in principle hasn't already been struck), the Hawks brains trust will strike it, Barrass will come to Hawthorn, we'll get 4-6 excellent years out of him, he'll be a very strong contributor and he'll probably win a flag or two with us.

And this is despite the inane, cliched bleatings of "hE's nOt goOd eNoUgH!" from BF posters....

There's another possible outcome for Frosty.

I seem to remember he played forward a couple of times, and most certainly pinch-hit in the ruck.

I remember being surprised how good he was at rucking as well.

He is 194cm and can play on talls and smalls - and he still has his pace.

I really wouldn't be against Frosty going forward and helping in the ruck IF NEEDED IN-GAME as a 'point of difference' that oppo sides hadn't thought of.

Plus - it will keep Weddle out of the ruck - please no more ruck work for Josh next season!

I guess my point is that Frosty offers much much more than just a bog-standard fullback type, and we would be mad to let him go next year.

Viva Frosty!

I seem to remember he played forward a couple of times, and most certainly pinch-hit in the ruck.

I really wouldn't be against Frosty going forward and helping in the ruck IF NEEDED IN-GAME as a 'point of difference' that oppo sides hadn't thought of.

Plus - it will keep Weddle out of the ruck - please no more ruck work for Josh next season!

I guess my point is that Frosty offers much much more than just a bog-standard fullback type, and we would be mad to let him go next year.

Viva Frosty!
Frosts game improved by reduction, removing the obvious bad bits like frostball. Forwards have to be good at quick creative decisions, I'm not sure this is his strong point given his history.

Viva Frosty!

Probably doesn’t happen now we have committed to Barass and Battle but SDK would be worth looking at..
On the outer at the Cats.. seems odd, as he has shown he can perform at a very high level..Bet the Blues are in his ear.. and Saints will have a look..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a copy and paste of post by Mercy Seat-
"It's mostly objective in these parts, but people are probably more defensive with Chol considering all the crap he has copped, particularly in this recent finals series.

At the ground in Adelaide he was copping abuse and jeering from our own supporters every time he went near the ball. Similarly a quick scan of some of the Hawks facebook groups shows some really disgusting stuff about a guy who was our leading goal kicker this year.

I get that he's got areas of his game to work on, but Moore had a worse finals series and hasn't copped 1% of the crap that Chol has"

Yup - I have seen some stupid shit posted about Chol online and screamed at him at games. Definitely not on here but it is out there.

Love Frosty like everyone here but any sentiment of Barrass not being a huge upgrade on him is bananas.

Frost is a good player, Barrass is the elite of the elite in his position.

I can forgive everyone for not watching West Coast games, but if you've watched even just Hawthorn vs West Coast games from the last couple years I'm not sure how you'd need any more convincing.

Definitely still keep Frost though, he clearly wouldn't move for flag chances or lifestyle, it'll just be money or term, especially since he is about to have his first child. I imagine his manager has leaked a couple offers to leverage an extra year, we will thereabouts match them, and he will stay.

We aren't a charity but and Swans need to pay a fair price like we are for Barrass to fill a need for us, we shouldn't just give him away for steak knifes just because we are helping him, like sometimes we are with getting a player to there desired destination.

Yup - I have seen some stupid shit posted about Chol online and screamed at him at games. Definitely not on here but it is out there.
Yep at games you can hear it. I've heard it in Level 4 GA and I've even heard it in the Legends club which you'd think would filter out most of the casual watchers.

Has copped Bronx cheers a couple times.

Koschitzke, Tim O'Brien, Jon bloody Patton, have all offered far less output and endeavour than him in recent history and I've never heard them cop even 5% of what Chol cops. You genuinely hear people talk about Chol for the entire game.

I absolutely hate it.

I think Mitch made it pretty clear on SEN this morning that he wants Frosty to stay and he is in Sam's best 22 plans.

Referenced that we wanted to use our flexibility a bit more this year but we're unable due to injuries - specifically called out how Geelong use Stewart in the context of Sicily and also that Weds future is clearly up the ground.
Can see it now, open the season with Will Day, Jai Newcombe and Sam Frost in the middle, Frost and Nash become the bash brothers in the guts just throwing opponents around...then I wake up and think itll be boring and he will play in defense where he belongs

Yep at games you can hear it. I've heard it in Level 4 GA and I've even heard it in the Legends club which you'd think would filter out most of the casual watchers.

Has copped Bronx cheers a couple times.

Koschitzke, Tim O'Brien, Jon bloody Patton, have all offered far less output and endeavour than him in recent history and I've never heard them cop even 5% of what Chol cops. You genuinely hear people talk about Chol for the entire game.

I absolutely hate it.
There's one reason for it. You get shouted down if you say it on here though.....

We aren't a charity but and Swans need to pay a fair price like we are for Barrass to fill a need for us, we shouldn't just give him away for steak knifes just because we are helping him, like sometimes we are with getting a player to there desired destination.
I’d be keeping Frost as I really rate him as a defender. If Sydney wanted him and he wanted out though I wouldn’t be entertaining any offer without Braedan Campbells name attached.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back