Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Think we are missing another A grade midfielder. I think we have/ or will strengthen our backline with Barrass, Battle being added to Impey, Hardwick, Sicily, Scrim and Frost, Weddle. With Blank and Sering in the sidelines, and hopefully an emerging McCabe.

Think our forward line next year is capable of kicking a winning score with Chol, Dear, Ginnivan, Watson, Bruest, Gunston, a hopefully fully fit Lewis in the back end and Skaife having potential.

It’s the middle I think we should be focused on, hopefully we trade our 2025 first round pick, to try and get a reasonable perspective first round pick this year.
I think we'll do the opposite...hold our 2025 Pick and try get another one with the view to offer WCE 3 x 1st rounders (25/25/26) next year for a young talented midfielder of theirs. Someone is going to get him it way as well be us?

Personally I don't see us trading completely out of this draft.

Either we retain that Collingwood 2nd rounder, or find a way to bring in another pick.
Agree with this, KPF somewhere around to 18-30 mark is the way to go. If we need to give WCE something else beyond our Pick 13, perhaps our F2 or F3, or even a pick secured via trading one of guys out - Reeves, Frost, Serong or any of the players previously mentioned.

DGB won't be offered a deal til after trade period. If at all.

Shouldn't be offered a contract. It sounds harsh, but he has shown no development over 4 years. What makes matters worse is he's been a liability as a deep defender, giving away countless free-kicks and 50 metre penalties for stupid acts.

I was a DGB fan, and very much wanted to see him succeed, but for me he is one of the easier list management decisions for this season. Cut our losses and move on.

Shouldn't be offered a contract. It sounds harsh, but he has shown no development over 4 years. What makes matters worse is he's been a liability as a deep defender, giving away countless free-kicks and 50 metre penalties for stupid acts.

I was a DGB fan, and very much wanted to see him succeed, but for me he is one of the easier list management decisions for this season. Cut our losses and move on.

After his first game I thought he would be a AA squad quality defender.

Did not know at the time he only has half a lung.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

inclined to agree with you but fact remains he's still only 22.

Personally I don't see us trading completely out of this draft. Either we retain that Collingwood 2nd rounder, or find a way to bring in another pick.
If we want A Graders then we'll hold a list spot opportunity for next year's MSD!

We nail those picks good!

inclined to agree with you but fact remains he's still only 22.

Serong is one year younger, but has shown significantly more than DGB.
McCabe has also shown some very exciting signs as an 18 year old.
We will be bringing in Battle and Barrass to a very settled AFL backline.
Bodie Ryan is developing nicely as a back flanker.

Unless Frost and Serong both asked for a trade, I can't see how Denver can remain on our list.

Last edited:
Suspect DGB only gets a contract for next year if we unexpectedly lose someone we wanted to keep (Frost, Serong, Reeves)... We're right in the window from next year and should be keeping every bit of good depth we have. If DGB was pick 66 he would've been delisted by now so time to cut our losses and move on.
Yes I think this is more a ‘wait and see’ on other trades, rather than seeing what another club might offer for him. If we close the Barass trade and don’t lose Frost / Serong, I expect he will be delisted. He’s shown nothing in 4 years to make me think he will make it as an AFL player. If we lose Frost/Serong maybe he’s kept as insurance

McCabe has also showed some very exciting signs as an 18 year old.

Unless Frost and Serong both asked for a trade, I can't see how Denver can remain on our list.
Blanck is also due back.

McCabe has also shown some very exciting signs as an 18 year old.

Looked very promising in his first years but def seems to have regressed. Timing of his injury was a disaster, sadly. But still, 22 is young for a key defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back