Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope we draft draft Dom Brew with a late/rookie pick. Could be real handy at afl level

Nah. Hope he stays at the Bees.

He's the heart and soul of that footy club. Was in tears when they won the flag today.

Any players from the eagles that we may want them to throw in to the Barrass deal coming back?
Eg Coby burgiel is from Gippsland and went pick 29 two years ago hasn’t done much due to injury. But had express pace and good skills as a junior.
Harley Reid.

I don't think the majority are arguing that Sydney haven't drafted well. What most of us are saying is that once they've been able to nail down the core group of academy players which are no doubt gun players then the list manager + scouting department have then been able to then round out the team with rookie selections to play roles.

You can try to spin it anyway you like it but having priority access gives them and the other clubs that have academies (Brisbane, GWS + Gold Coast) the ability to take risks. This is evident when you look at how many first round draft picks teams like GWS + Gold Coast have got wrong over the years but have still been able to remain competitive whereas if other clubs made the same errors they would feel it for years.

As mentioned in one of my prior posts once the HFC were able to draft their core Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Buddy + Roughie then we too were able to hit utilise the rookie draft or trade for castoffs for role players to round out the team. Once this is done you usually start to get a quality FA or 2 nominate you which pushes the team to then become perennial contenders.

The difference between how we did it and the academy teams mentioned above is that we did it without priority access to a core group of kids.
Correct, anyone who thinks having a Sydney/Gold Coast-like academy isn't a massive advantage, doesn't know how it works. Imagine having access to the best father sons available, but 50 of them a season and you can pick and choose at will.

Bailey smith trade - must be worth around the same as when lachie Neale went to Bris. How much did Bris pay ?

I reckon this the way to go about it. Maybe even do a poll and get people to vote which IMO is pretty much used as signature of agreement of rules.

The most recent culprit isn’t hard to find and it’s the second time they’ve needlessly come after Tops and then snidely laugh reacted at those who vouched for him. Not sure what pathetic little thrill they get from it and probably stems from jealousy - but there’s a reason people stop and read what Tops has to say and the culprit probably gets flicked past.

To those lamenting ‘where’s a RNL update?’ remember these absolute flogs are why good info dries up here.

Bailey smith trade - must be worth around the same as when lachie Neale went to Bris. How much did Bris pay ?

Pick 6, 19 and a third round pick which was 55.

Yep, nobody looks back at 2001 as a success, or even remembers many of the finals we played in 90s. They just remember that 2008 was the first flag since 1991.

Yep unless you're the Saints and you would make a DVD back then of it.

But for us who cares it's not a flag so the season was a fail.

Neale was contracted and a 2x B&F winner at the time of being traded, not sure they are in the same ball park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was hoping so, but with some posters being so negative about Barrass, it can be hard to tell.
As long as Barrass is no worse than our first and a pick slide I’m good.
He’s a good player but that’s enough to give.

I think so. Both have struggled for regular games, as they play in positions where the teams are strong. O’driscoll has heaps of upside, as probably does Serong. Just can’t see Serong getting regular games again next year.
I would prefer to keep him, but it is tough down back

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back