Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok let’s look at those 14 years under Longmire.
We won 3 Premierships and Richmond won 3 Premierships in this period, surely you are not even remotely saying they have been as successful as that?

I say in those 14 years under Longmire they have been as successful as Collingwood, Melbourne, WB and Geelong in winning one Premiership.
So if you want to bang on about how successful they have been in this 14 year period (While enjoying obvious advantages) then knock yourself out.

Its a cool story about Longmires 14 years of success and that statement of yours.

“They have been as successful as anyone in that time” ……….. is utter rubbish.
Clubs are a business and a business ultimate success is about how much money it profits. So although premiership’s are what the players strive for, the business would rather be counting the dollars coming in before the flags I would have thought! So if your teams is playing finals year in year out bringing in good crowds then that would be generating better profits…. Successful!

"starts with an 8"

The way these guys present information sometimes is so wanky.
If it was close to 900K, he would have said almost 900k.

I suspect it is at 850k and hence he wants the clickbaits as well as the need to be sort of right.. Hence the wanky take.

I suspect same deal for Perryman, I doubt Port are paying any of that huge $$$, just agents trying to trigger a bidding war.

From Werribee, it was Hudson Garoni who caught my eye for a Fwd role, seems to just be in the right spot always everytime I have watched them play. but around 24 yrs already.

Stats for Hudson
Games: 19
Goals: 45

CAREER​

Games: 67
Goals: 140

Height (cm): 195cm
Date of birth: 25-Aug-00
Previous club: Murray Bushrangers / Wodonga
Interchange club: Old Geelong

The other one who caught my eye was Corey Ellison from Seagulls. Always played well when Box Hill played them. Played in defence when needed and scored 3-4 goals as well

192 cm & 2000 born

Last edited:
I'm not sure we have enough trade capital left to get a deal done, especially considering we're unlikely to include anyone from out starting midfield.

F1 plus a young midfielder is unlikely to get it done.

Clubs are a business and a business ultimate success is about how much money it profits. So although premiership’s are what the players strive for, the business would rather be counting the dollars coming in before the flags I would have thought! So if your teams is playing finals year in year out bringing in good crowds then that would be generating better profits…. Successful!
Yeah I don’t even think about the 12 Hawks premierships I have witnessed.

All I really look forward to is the annual general meeting and the loss and profit columns. 🤪

Last edited:
I'm not sure we have enough trade capital left to get a deal done, especially considering we're unlikely to include anyone from out starting midfield.

F1 plus a young midfielder is unlikely to get it done.
Have seen Dogs fans showing satisfaction in the Smith draft thread for 16+35 from the cats. Shocking unders.

F1+HH is a far better deal but I want to keep F1 for the Reid pursuit next yr or a big KPF.

Have seen Dogs fans showing satisfaction in the Smith draft thread for 16+35 from the cats. Shocking unders.

F1+HH is a far better deal but I want to keep F1 for the Reid pursuit next yr or a big KPF.
Spot on, giving up that F1 means we are likely out of play for Harley Reid. I'm with you on holding on to it for that reason.

Besides isn't Jack Lukosius basically the same player as JUH and we could pick him up for a bag of chips and a can of coke.

Spot on, giving up that F1 means we are likely out of play for Harley Reid. I'm with you on holding on to it for that reason.

Besides isn't Jack Lukosius basically the same player as JUH and we could pick him up for a bag of chips and a can of coke.
You need to be more specific here. Are you talking samboy & home brand cola, or kettle & coke a cola?

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah I don’t even think about the 12 Hawks premierships I have witnessed.

All I really look forward to is the annual general meeting and the loss and profit columns. 🤪
Premierships are the ultimate goal for players and fans but money is the ultimate success for a business. So just because a club may be lacking in premiership flags doesn’t mean they are not a successful business/club! Anyway stupid thing to be arguing about in this thread so I’ll leave it there! 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll have to leave the big decisions to the recruitment team I think...

Interestly though apparently the Lukosius contract is back ended and he's owed around $1.75m over the 2025 & 2026 seasons. It looks like another salary dump, he'll go cheap. Perhaps not as cheap as Jack Bowes last year but cheap nonetheless.

I'll have to leave the big decisions to the recruitment team I think...

Interestly though apparently the Lukosius contract is back ended and he's owed around $1.75m over the 2025 & 2026 seasons. It looks like another salary dump, he'll go cheap. Perhaps not as cheap as Jack Bowes last year but cheap nonetheless.
No team is going to take on 1.75mill a season for 2 more seasons without at least a 1st rounder as compensation. He's a handy player but not 1.75mil per season handy 😂

If it was close to 900K, he would have said almost 900k.

I suspect it is at 850k and hence he wants the clickbaits as well as the need to be sort of right.. Hence the wanky take.

I suspect same deal for Perryman, I doubt Port are paying any of that huge $$$, just agents trying to trigger a bidding war.

From Werribee, it was Hudson Garoni who caught my eye for a Fwd role, seems to just be in the right spot always everytime I have watched them play. but around 24 yrs already.

Stats for Hudson
Games: 19
Goals: 45

CAREER​

Games: 67
Goals: 140

Height (cm): 195cm
Date of birth: 25-Aug-00
Previous club: Murray Bushrangers / Wodonga
Interchange club: Old Geelong

The other one who caught my eye was Corey Ellison from Seagulls. Always played well when Box Hill played them. Played in defence when needed and scored 3-4 goals as well

192 cm & 2000 born

I'm pretty sure Bice will get drafted by somebody. If not might be a SPP Selection.

His kicking is wonderful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back