Injury 2024 Injury Report/Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok kappa. He was playing well for us, averaging 2 a game and won us the prelim.

But perhaps you are right, why be positive. Seasons over, all the returning players are crap. Time to do some more snapper fishing which suits me!

You love arguing against things I never said, it's your specialty.

everyone else is positive about returning players and yet true to form you focus on only negatives. I won’t derail the thread anymore

It's not negative to say Mcstay ain't the savior and will probably be quiet coming back from an ACL, that's just reality. You sometimes confuse reality with being negative.

Hopefully he comes out and dominates, but on the balance of probability it's pretty unfair and unrealistic to expect that.

But…but…didn’t one of our esteemed football journalists say
Soooo, just the 17 players assessed then...
Coo, cool.
I counted 17 and had to count again. Nearly half our list.

I know some are coming back, but this year we seem to find more each week to take their recently vacated seats (or is that beds?).

A shocker!!

I mean there's not a lot coming back

Mcstay is coming back off an 11 month ACL and won't be amazing.

Elliot is pretty old and banged up now

Mcreery is arguably not even best 22 right now

Mitchell and Cox have had questions over their spot in the best 22

Noble has been up and down
Who’s taking Cox’s spot?
Which “beast” is replacing Beau?

Last edited:
Can the boys hold the fort long enough for the cavalry to rescue our season?
If we get a win against Geelong, yes
If another loss, might be a little too hard from there.

Such a must win game this week!

Will also help if some other results go our way

Depends how you look at it. Glass half full or half empty.

Mcstay will be great, as will Elliot. Mitchell was carrying an injury, and a fit Mitchell is an upgrade on anyone we’ve been playing. Cox I prob agree with on his form.
Can’t agree on Cox mate.
After the HH goal, Essendon scored immediately due to Drapers huge height advantage over Kreuger that allowed him to punch the ball 20 meters to Shiel who then passed to Wright.
No way Cox would have conceded that CB in the same way.

These are pivotal moments in games that unfortunately expose Kreuger despite his other qualities.
We can’t concede Ruck Power against the best teams.

Last edited:
Can’t agree on Cox mate.
After the HH goal, Essendon scored immediately due to Drapers huge height advantage over Kreuger that allowed him to punch the ball 20 meters to Shiel who then passed to Wright.

These are pivotal moments in games that unfortunately expose Kreuger despite his other qualities.
We can’t concede Rick Power against the best teams.
I agree, but who is Rick Power?
Can he play full forward?

Can’t agree on Cox mate.

We can’t concede Ruck Power against the best teams.

Same here on Cox, as per my post in his thread

I agree, but who is Rick Power?
Can he play full forward?
Animated GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean there's not a lot coming back

Mcstay is coming back off an 11 month ACL and won't be amazing.

Elliot is pretty old and banged up now

Mcreery is arguably not even best 22 right now

Mitchell and Cox have had questions over their spot in the best 22

Noble has been up and down
Misery. Did you write it?

Talk about choosing to be negative.

Elliott is not old. If he was banged up he has had a couple of months rest and should be in fine fettle for the remainder of the season. We are talking about the bloke who stood on Mckay's head a few weeks ago and took the mark of the year? That old hack?

The footage of McStay shows a man jumping out of his skin and though he might need a couple of weeks to get back his touch and pick up the pace of the game there is no reason why he cannot take marks like the one he did over Jiath in a game or two and make his usual important contribution to the team.

McCeery is best 23 every day of the week. If you couldn't see that in his absence last week you must not have watched the game. Like Cox, his contributions are often overlooked because they often don't involve touching the ball. His pace and pressure is elite.

Until a couple of weeks ago Noble has been in excellent form and providing great run off the half back line. Mitchell played injured earlier this year and was still effective. Fit and fresh, he will be a huge asset is we make the finals as he proved in last year's series after being written off as too slow and past it.

Cox is an integral part of our team. Again, if you cannot see how badly we miss him after the large sample size of footy in his absence you must be blind or have an agenda. We are screaming out for a support for Cameron and a ruckman who can jump over the likes of Oscar, Witts or Moyle (if they make it), Briggs and Gawn. We also need a resting forward who can make life much tougher for Weitering, Mckay and other tall defenders who have been taking intercept marks with ease over the likes of WHE, Krueger, Reef, AJ and anyone else we have played forward in his absence.

Last edited:

Elliott is not old. If he was banged up he has had a couple of months rest and should be in fine fettle for the remainder of the season. We are talking about the bloke who stood on Mckay's head a few weeks ago and took the mark of the year? That old hack?

The footage of McStay shows a man jumping out of his skin and though he might need a couple of weeks to get back his touch and pick up the pace of the game there is no reason why he cannot take marks like the one he did over Jiath in a game or two and make his usual important contribution to the team.

McCeery is best 23 every day of the week. If you couldn't see that in his absence last week you must not have watched the game. Like Cox, his contributions are often overlooked because they often don't involve touching the ball. His pace and pressure is elite.

Until a couple of weeks ago Noble has been in excellent form and providing great run off the half back line. Mitchell played injured earlier this year and was still effective. Fit and fresh, he will be a huge asset is we make the finals as he proved in last year's series after being written off as too slow and past it.

Cox is an integral part of our team. Again, if you cannot see how badly we miss him after the large sample size of footy in his absence you must be blind or have an agenda. We are screaming out for a support for Cameron and a ruckman who can jump over the likes of Oscar, Witts or Moyle (if they make it), Briggs and Gawn. We also need a resting forward who can make life much tougher for Weitering, Mckay and other tall defenders who have been taking intercept marks with ease over the likes of WHE, Krueger, Reef, AJ and anyone else we have played forward in his absence.
New York Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

You mean like gather round? 🤦🏼‍♂️ promoting Aussie rules in SA… whyyyy
Why not? Gather Round has been a huge success.

If they want a round which has all games in Qld/NSW for one round, what's wrong with that? I just think all teams should participate, not just a select few like this year.

It's a national competition, we get majority of games in Victoria each week. I don't see a problem with it.

Why not? Gather Round has been a huge success.

If they want a round which has all games in Qld/NSW for one round, what's wrong with that? I just think all teams should participate, not just a select few like this year.

It's a national competition, we get majority of games in Victoria each week. I don't see a problem with it.
Imho gather round was only brought in because the NRL has something similar, and while initially proposed to be about promoting the game in a non traditional Aussie rules state quickly went to SA as they were throwing the most (taxpayer) money at the AFL

I’m sure it’s a success in terms of being fun for those who attend and probably a net benefit for the SA economy but it certainly doesn’t promote the game in any meaningful sense as SA is already AFL crazy, and actually makes it even less fair for those teams who travel the most (WA based especially)

If it was in NSW, QLD, NT or even Tasmania I’d see merit in the idea, but not in the current version, which I rate about as highly as AFLX.

Imho gather round was only brought in because the NRL has something similar, and while initially proposed to be about promoting the game in a non traditional Aussie rules state quickly went to SA as they were throwing the most (taxpayer) money at the AFL

I’m sure it’s a success in terms of being fun for those who attend and probably a net benefit for the SA economy but it certainly doesn’t promote the game in any meaningful sense as SA is already AFL crazy, and actually makes it even less fair for those teams who travel the most (WA based especially)

If it was in NSW, QLD, NT or even Tasmania I’d see merit in the idea, but not in the current version, which I rate about as highly as AFLX.
It doesn't really matter about the why's.

It works.

Jamie Elliot is about to turn 32 and has had a long long list of serious injury issues. Yes, he is old, that is obvious.

For large parts of 2023 people were complaining that we got Mcstay at all.. now after an ACL he's the messiah, doesn't make much sense.

Mcreery has been in genuinely awful form recently, if you can't see that you must not have watched his games.

Most people on this forum were desperate for Cox to be dropped.. now he's injured he becomes an "integral" part of the team. I was one of the few people actually defending Cox.

You criticize reality because you've lost your grasp on it. You live in wonderland where injured players get better every week.

We are close to full strength, we just need our experienced stars like Moore Lipinski Schultz Sidebottom De Goey Hill Quaynor J.Daicos ect ect to stand up.

Jamie Elliot is about to turn 32 and has had a long long list of serious injury issues. Yes, he is old, that is obvious.

For large parts of 2023 people were complaining that we got Mcstay at all.. now after an ACL he's the messiah, doesn't make much sense.

Mcreery has been in genuinely awful form recently, if you can't see that you must not have watched his games.

Most people on this forum were desperate for Cox to be dropped.. now he's injured he becomes an "integral" part of the team. I was one of the few people actually defending Cox.

You criticize reality because you've lost your grasp on it. You live in wonderland where injured players get better every week.

We are close to full strength, we just need our experienced stars like Moore De Goey Hill Quaynor ect ect to stand up.
Are they improvements on who we’ve been currently playing? Yes.

Are they improvements on who we’ve been currently playing? Yes.

Mcreery was replaced by Richards who has been an upgrade.

Cox was replaced by Kreuger, Kreuger has arguably been better/equal

Elliot has been a loss but he's almost 32 and can't be expected to perform forever.

Mcstay is a roleplayer, nothing more. He'll help the structure but no one would label him a star.

We are close to full strength, we just need our experienced stars like Moore Lipinski Schultz Sidebottom De Goey Hill Quaynor J.Daicos ect ect to stand up.
I think people just want to be optimistic about our chances for the rest of the year.
Nothing wrong with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back