List Mgmt. 2024 List Management šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon Gold Coast may let a few go cheaply again this year. Especially if theyā€™re bringing in Dusty.
Dusty is cooked, if Gold Coast were to take him on it wouldnā€™t be on massive $$$ā€¦

Iā€™d think heā€™ll more likely retireā€¦

Would we consider a trade for a player like Neale-Bullen if we let Cunners go end of year and he wanted out of Goodwins 'snowy' palace? Not sure what he'd cost under contract but certainly a high quality role player for the Dees.

Surely a few will be seeking a fresh start away from the ****show thats enveloped the Dee's this year with Clarry and their medico's, Joel Smith etc.
Contracted for 2025 and 2026. Turns 29 at the start of 2025 also. He would be a handy pick up but beyond doubtful the Dees let him go unless itā€™s for overs this off season.

I actually think going after Conor Stone from the Giants is the type of player we should be going after. Former 1st round talent, plays forward/mid. Currently OOC and playing in their seconds behind some very good players. Turns 23 at the start of the 2025 season and is a VIC boy. Also it appears he finally has his body right. I suspect he could be a EHollands type pick up and the Giants wonā€™t get anything better than a late 2nd for him.

After that Iā€™d just take the Campos and a Key Back (hopefully in the 1st round stillā€¦) along with upgrading Boyd.

We are in the sweet spot and adding to our list with good kids is what I suspect we will aim to do this off season. Just need to keep the talent coming through

I think with the saints financials it would be nearly club killing to be down the bottom too long - they do worse financially than north so are very vulnerable to anything below mediocrity

On A065 using BigFooty.com mobile app

They have enough to work with they shouldnā€™t be complete garbage, but they have their answer now of whether they have a list capable of contending.

Their list isnā€™t set in stone, they do have young and more established talent, but they didnā€™t get as much out of their high picks as they needed to in order to be a top side now.

Mowies needs to be signed up asap - he loves the club and we love him.
The ASAP bit might limit the moves we can make in trade week and put more pressure on any trades we would like to make?

Assuming we keep our same list structure (which is a reasonable assumption until we hear otherwise), if we sign Owies now, we have to move at a minimum 3 of Carroll, Cunners, Marchbank and Martin (or a contracted player), and that's just to get the 2 Campos and elevate Boyd.
If we want a 3rd ND pick, or to bring in someone else, we need to move a 4th player.

As much as we might want to re-sign Owies, some flexibility is important.

Dusty is cooked, if Gold Coast were to take him on it wouldnā€™t be on massive $$$ā€¦

Iā€™d think heā€™ll more likely retireā€¦

The reports are heā€™s more keen to go to them than they are keen on him - and that he is willing to play at close to base salary

So it probably will happen but that wonā€™t help us pry any players away from their list

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ASAP bit might limit the moves we can make in trade week and put more pressure on any trades we would like to make?

Assuming we keep our same list structure (which is a reasonable assumption until we hear otherwise), if we sign Owies now, we have to move at a minimum 3 of Carroll, Cunners, Marchbank and Martin (or a contracted player), and that's just to get the 2 Campos and elevate Boyd.
If we want a 3rd ND pick, or to bring in someone else, we need to move a 4th player.

As much as we might want to re-sign Owies, some flexibility is important.
Im more interested/confused why we resigned Corey Durdin based on the above.

So you rate durdin above Owies? It could come down to one or the other
For this year, no.
But he's more talented, quicker, and 5 years younger.

It's really hard to tell what happens from here.
Most predictable:
Bot traded
Cunners let go

and then
We trade one of Martin or Owies, very unlikely both, but who knows?
Maybe Marchy gets let go, or cut to go to the rookie list, but he likely gets poached if we try this.

There could be a contracted player that we trade out, but it's hard to see who.

Last week Cal said we would be busy, but can anyone think of a realistic trade or FA target?

They have enough to work with they shouldnā€™t be complete garbage, but they have their answer now of whether they have a list capable of contending.

Their list isnā€™t set in stone, they do have young and more established talent, but they didnā€™t get as much out of their high picks as they needed to in order to be a top side now.
It feels nice to be able to say that about another club. ā˜ŗļø

Probably for the same reason most people wanted Fog delisted a few years back.

I'll put my hand up, I thought he was gone, but love how hard he has worked to embrace his role

Durdin has time to rehab, perhaps play a role this year and prepare properly for next year

Our small forwards aren't too bad afterall
Im 50/50 on that, Williams and Hollands are hard carrying as alternative options up forward imo which has always been my point about our small forwards.

Owies, Durdin, Fantasia etc haven't demanded a direct opponent to drag attention away from Charlie and H which has left them to be double and triple teamed over the last few years. Williams and Hollands drawing opposition attention has opened up our whole forward line for the others to get involved in the game as more goal sneak types.

Still believe Martin and Cottrell push Fantasia and Owies out of the b22 when healthy but it's a good problem to have for the first time in years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back