List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

We haven't done that either

We haven't done really done anything

Just fronted up each year hoping to go better

The end game is to be competing for a spot in the 8 late in the year. Our version of a rebuild was done 3 years ago. Good news is that the AFL might be lowering the bar with a wildcard round.

Given we decided to keep Keane and Berry (no draft capital incoming for them) I think we should be looking to trade Milera. Would any team consider their 2nd for Milera and a pick?
Maybe Freo (if they miss out on Baker) 27 for Milera and 42?
Is that complete fantasy?
No to the 1st and yes to the 2nd

I'm getting the feeling he's a bit on the negative "nothing the club does is right" type.

Fair enough, the club hasn't given us a lot to cheer about.

But we aren't bringing Isaac Cumming in as our highest paid player. It's laughable.
Oh he absolutely is. And he’d be fair to assume that in a lot of cases

But there’s literally nothing nowhere which suggests what salary Cumming is on, yet. Bringing on Cumming at the same salary as Rankine, especially given his injuries this year, just wouldn’t be happening

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm getting the feeling he's a bit on the negative "nothing the club does is right" type.

Fair enough, the club hasn't given us a lot to cheer about.

But we aren't bringing Isaac Cumming in as our highest paid player. It's laughable.
This is definitely the most negative Club Board, which never used to be the case 10 years ago .....who'd have imagined the degree of negativity, after securing Cumming, ANB, and a pick 4 in a "SuperDraft" .....in years gone by, this would have resulted in a really positive vibe

But no, I think too many posters enjoy wallowing in negativity ......

ANB + Cumming won't make us more experienced because they'll replace Murphy and Smith. 115 games inc. 17 this season; 262 games inc. 15 this season respectively.

Tex phased out over 12 months replaced by...? Welsh? T Murray? Younger again.

We've slowly realised that the likes of Taylor and Dowling are more value than Jones, McHenry. More inexperienced again.

ROB upgraded at some point for an inexperienced 2nd ruck we poach from another club.

Has Laird got a starting 22 spot in 12 months time? Or replaced by a recent draftee?

We'll get progressively younger.

We haven't actually been building anything. There's no vision of a future premiership 22 that we've been working towards. If we win the team stays the same. If we lose then whoever has been training well comes in. Youth gets a crack when there's an injury in their exact position.

We failed to do the groundwork early in the rebuild which is why we're in this position now.

Oh he absolutely is. And he’d be fair to assume that in a lot of cases

But there’s literally nothing nowhere which suggests what salary Cumming is on, yet. Bringing on Cumming at the same salary as Rankine, especially given his injuries this year, just wouldn’t be happening
The salary cap is going up 30% and a bidding war suggests he’ll be over rankines 2 year old contract.

This is definitely the most negative Club Board, which never used to be the case 10 years ago .....who'd have imagined the degree of negativity, after securing Cumming, ANB, and a pick 4 in a "SuperDraft" .....in years gone by, this would have resulted in a really positive vibe

10 years ago we 2 seasons off finishing second.
We are now 7 seasons from being anything.

The salary cap is going up 30% and a bidding war suggests he’ll be over rankines 2 year old contract.
Rankine signed an extension and was reportedly earning just less than Laird which was very surprise to me as I thought he would be our first player earning $1M. You think Laird is on $1M??? You think Port Power offered Cumming $900K?????

More bullshit, so you read the other boards now?

Securing pick 4? That’s because we were shit and have been shit for years, ever think we have grounds to be negative? Unlike you and the other clappers, we live in reality not some deluded fantasy world where we’ve got a good coach and we are a good club.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back