List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Cal Twomey has reported that clubs believe “Cummings will attract an end of second round compo pick” so he isn’t on anywhere near that. Probably 4 years at around $600k.
Reckon it's more than that, but not the $1m mentioned either.

We will get a better idea when the compensation pick is announced.

youre right but the only alternative would be a moneyball style acquisition of older players and thats been shown not to work in AFL
you need A grade talent

You need a mix
Unfortunately most of our older players either too old for this group - or pretty average. That’s why we need to be recruiting heavily

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Started at $800k, ended up near $1m.

Was widely reported we started at $600k, Perryman was the one around $800-850k

No way it ended near a $1m

However we will see with the compo pick they get I guess. I suspect it will be band 3 - after their second rounder. And probably band 2 for Perryman

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We've slowly realised that the likes of Taylor and Dowling are more value than Jones, McHenry. More inexperienced again.
I'm not sure that this is accurate. We've realised that Jones & McHenry don't have what it takes, so now we're giving opportunities to Taylor & Dowling to show whether or not they have what it takes. The jury has returned in the Jones & McHenry cases, with a finding of guilty. The jury in the Taylor & Dowling cases has only just started hearing the evidence.

It may turn out that one of both of Taylor & Dowling follow the same path as Jones/McHenry - given abundant opportunities, before ultimately failing. Conversely, one or both could turn out to be gun players. We can't categorically say that they "are more value", just that "they may offer more value".
We'll get progressively younger.
Hence why progress is non-linear, something which I've been saying for years. Sometimes you go one step forwards and two steps back, in order to move forwards in the longer term. This is what happens when you do a full rebuild, something which many posters here struggle to comprehend or accept.

I'm not sure that this is accurate. We've realised that Jones & McHenry don't have what it takes, so now we're giving opportunities to Taylor & Dowling to show whether or not they have what it takes. The jury has returned in the Jones & McHenry cases, with a finding of guilty. The jury in the Taylor & Dowling cases has only just started hearing the evidence.

It may turn out that one of both of Taylor & Dowling follow the same path as Jones/McHenry - given abundant opportunities, before ultimately failing. Conversely, one or both could turn out to be gun players. We can't categorically say that they "are more value", just that "they may offer more value".

Hence why progress is non-linear, something which I've been saying for years. Sometimes you go one step forwards and two steps back, in order to move forwards in the longer term. This is what happens when you do a full rebuild, something which many posters here struggle to comprehend or accept.
I just don't see how we progress given what we've been doing

We're going to get progressively younger when we're supposedly coming out the other side of a 5 year rebuild

I just don't see how we progress given what we've been doing

We're going to get progressively younger when we're supposedly coming out the other side of a 5 year rebuild
Who said it was a 5 year rebuild? Rebuilds almost always take longer than that.

As I pointed out before... we kept a core of older players when we did the big cleanout. Those veterans are now reaching the end of their playing careers, and their performances are dropping off. We're now at the transition point where performances will start to be driven by the younger players, as the veterans are progressively removed from the team. Whether or not our youngsters are capable of making that step will ultimately determine the success or failure of the rebuild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who said it was a 5 year rebuild? Rebuilds almost always take longer than that.

As I pointed out before... we kept a core of older players when we did the big cleanout. Those veterans are now reaching the end of their playing careers, and their performances are dropping off. We're now at the transition point where performances will start to be driven by the younger players, as the veterans are progressively removed from the team. Whether or not our youngsters are capable of making that step will ultimately determine the success or failure of the rebuild.
Brisbane took nine years to develop their current list in their most recent rebuild. Melbourne spent 15 years rebuilding.

Carlton had two good years in 20, with two rebuilds.

North Melbourne are eight or nine years in, with no end in sight.

Gold Coast have been rebuilding their whole time in the league - hell, you could argue it's not a rebuild if nothing was ever built.

Richmond? Well, you could make the case they spent nearly 35 years rebuilding, with three good years in that time.

Essendon? Let's not be cruel.

Rebuilds are very hard. They look and feel exactly like this does.

the brisbane guy was kind of onto something with bailey but not for pick 4.

bailey for pick 25 would be fair wouldnt it? ANB for F2.
cumminf for free. all would be best 23.

the brisbane guy was kind of onto something with bailey but not for pick 4.

bailey for pick 25 would be fair wouldnt it? ANB for F2.
cumminf for free. all would be best 23.
No way Bris would do that

Just not worth considering Bailey as a possibility I reckon, he’s happy at his premiership-winning side

Brisbane took nine years to develop their current list in their most recent rebuild. Melbourne spent 15 years rebuilding.

Carlton had two good years in 20, with two rebuilds.

North Melbourne are eight or nine years in, with no end in sight.

Gold Coast have been rebuilding their whole time in the league - hell, you could argue it's not a rebuild if nothing was ever built.

Richmond? Well, you could make the case they spent nearly 35 years rebuilding, with three good years in that time.

Essendon? Let's not be cruel.

Rebuilds are very hard. They look and feel exactly like this does.
How are we going compared to Hawthorn though... as you don't appear to have mentioned them...

Im happy to use F1 but not on bailey. anyway they need picks this year for their academy and FS. 25 is fair seriously. if they happy for him to leave.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back