List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd rather we get smart with our drafting and get Dodson this year so we actually have a long term plan for the Ruck position as opposed to iffy stop gap options like Sam Draper.
As others have said, this is a good plan except that it takes several years for rucks to be ready. We need something to bridge the gap without giving up any significant draft capital.

My best 22 for next year - assuming Peatling and Sid Draper end up with the crows.

In my opinion, Walker only plays if their are serious form concerns for Fog and Thilthorpe

B: Michalanny Butts Keane

HB: Milera. Murray. Laird

C: Cumming Crouch Soligo

HF: Neal-Bullen Fogarty Curtin

F: Keays Thilthorpe Rachele

R: O’Brien Dawson Rankine

Inter: Peatling Draper Hinge Worrell

Sub: Berry

In: Draper, Neal-Bullen, Cumming, Peatling, 1 more

Out: Sloane, Himmelberg, McHenry, Hamill, Gollant

Trade: Himmelberg

Delist: McHenry, Hamill

Retire: Sloane

I think we’ll live trade draft night using our f1 to go after Dodson
Seems like a lot to give up to get a ruckman, a pick that could be in the top 6 or so next year if we don't make big headway in 2025?

My best 22 for next year - assuming Peatling and Sid Draper end up with the crows.

In my opinion, Walker only plays if their are serious form concerns for Fog and Thilthorpe

B: Michalanny Butts Keane

HB: Milera. Murray. Laird

C: Cumming Crouch Soligo

HF: Neal-Bullen Fogarty Curtin

F: Keays Thilthorpe Rachele

R: O’Brien Dawson Rankine

Inter: Peatling Draper Hinge Worrell

Sub: Berry

In: Draper, Neal-Bullen, Cumming, Peatling, 1 more

Out: Sloane, Himmelberg, McHenry, Hamill, Gollant

Trade: Himmelberg

Delist: McHenry, Hamill

Retire: Sloane
I have a similar 22
But hope we end up with Finn O’Sullivan

B; Michaelanny - Murray - Worrell

HB: Curtin - Keane - Hinge

C: Cumming - Dawson - Soligo

HF: Rachele - Fogarty - Neale-Bullen

F: Walker - Thilthorpe- Keays

R: O’Brien - Crouch - Rankine

Int : Laird - Milera - O’Sullivan - Nankervis

Sub- Pedlar

I have a similar 22
But hope we end up with Finn O’Sullivan

B; Michaelanny - Murray - Worrell

HB: Curtin - Keane - Hinge

C: Cumming - Dawson - Soligo

HF: Rachele - Fogarty - Neale-Bullen

F: Walker - Thilthorpe- Keays

R: O’Brien - Crouch - Rankine

Int : Laird - Milera - O’Sullivan - Nankervis

Sub- Pedlar
Closer to the mark imo, Butts will be emergency for Keane/Murray

Think Dowling is tough to miss out, Taylor/Oscar Ryan a big watch over preseason, wouldn't be shocked to see them round 1

Hopefully an injury free pre-season, reckon Peatling would be starting mid if he chooses us as well

Yeah I disagree, they want good experience..

Someone like Parker would speak, connect well and drive up the training requirements with the players, still offers years of good football on top of that

What does Laird offer, generally for a player to leave, they want added years on-top, is that a good move for WC?
we know his faults to everyone else he is an A grade mid. stop knocking his price down. do that to opposition players not ours.

They’ll back themselves in to make the 8

trade 2025 F1 to get Dodson
Next year 2026 F1 for NWM
I'd feel more comfortable with this if we land Peatling as our midfield battery would look like this going forward

Dawson, Soligo, Rankine, Curtin, Draper*, Taylor, Edwards, Peatling, Berry.

That gives me hope we can compete with the best as they all develop and as such, then trading out F1 and 2026 F1 the year after to get Dodson and NWM in your scenario is fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd feel more comfortable with this if we land Peatling as our midfield battery would look like this going forward

That gives me hope we can compete with the best as they all develop and as such, then trading out F1 and 2026 F1 the year after to get Dodson and NWM in your scenario is fine.
replace Berry with Pedlar and I'm with you

I really don't like our chances of Draper making it through to pick #4.

Peatling’s spike has been even more dramatic looking at his midfield games in isolation.
But even yearly his points per minute (the first stat to track after a position or opportunity change
to predict a breakout season ) has gone from .54 to .90 and that was with only 42% centre bounce attendance . Get him up to 70% CBA he could be returning numbers right up there and that’s what has got every list manager excited. Also averaged 5 tackles in only 59% game time this year.

Peatling’s spike has been even more dramatic looking at his midfield games in isolation.
But even yearly his points per minute (the first stat to track after a position or opportunity change
to predict a breakout season ) has gone from .54 to .90 and that was with only 42% centre bounce attendance . Get him up to 70% CBA he could be returning numbers right up there and that’s what has got every list manager excited. Also averaged 5 tackles in only 59% game time this year.

There is a reason 7 clubs are interested. His upside is high.

We also do need to acknowledge that there could be a little of the Des Headland affect in play.

Much easier to get off the chain when the opposition is focused on the other superstars in your stacked midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back