List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Silvers said he’s not really envisioning any more delistings announcements, probably confirming the horrible inevitable announcement about Smith 🤮
I wouldn't be surprised if we traded a contracted player out.

Not even putting 1-2 senior players to the rookie list?

To only add #4 and Welsh in such a strong draft would be hugely disappointing. Hopefully there's a couple of more list changes to come.

We won’t have a pick anyway. 25 will go for Peatling , maybe 42 for ANB.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There were a couple on here very adamant he was only on a 1 year contract.

I knew he would have been on more than 1 year.

To get him to come to the Crows we had to have offered something to entice him.

Current list maths by my calculations means we must delist at least two further senior listed players and move them to the rookie list to make the mandatory three draft picks.

I would guess that we might delist two players, then use our third mandatory draft selection to promote Keane from the rookie list to the senior list. That way we also free up the two rookie list spots needed to re-draft the delisted senior players.

Senior List

OUT:
Sloane (retired)
McHenry (delisted)
Gollant (delisted)
Himmelberg (free agent)
????
????

IN:
Neal-Bullen
Cumming
Peatling
Pick 4
Second draft pick (Welsh F/S?)
Third mandatory draft pick

Rookie List

OUT:
Parnell (delisted)
Hamill (delisted)

IN:
T. Murray
FREE LIST SPOT

Current list maths by my calculations means we must delist at least two further senior listed players and move them to the rookie list to make the mandatory three draft picks.

I would guess that we might delist two players, then use our third mandatory draft selection to promote Keane from the rookie list to the senior list. That way we also free up the two rookie list spots needed to re-draft the delisted senior players.

Senior List

OUT:
Sloane (retired)
McHenry (delisted)
Gollant (delisted)
Himmelberg (free agent)
????
????

IN:
Neal-Bullen
Cumming
Peatling
Pick 4

Rookie List

OUT:
Parnell (delisted)
Hamill (delisted)

IN:
T. Murray
FREE LIST SPOT
Correct weight.

Weren't there only three listed players who didn't get games?
We used 39 players.

Those who didn't get a game are:
  • Sloane (retired before R1)
  • Turray (2024 MSD selection)
  • Edwards (2023 ND selection)
  • Ryan (2023 ND selection)
  • Gallagher (2024 Cat B rookie signing)
Literally everyone, other than 4 players in their first AFL season, got to play at least 1 AFL game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In:
Isaac Cumming (FA)
James Peatling (trade for 25)
Alex Neal-Bullen (trade for F2)
Pick 4
Tyler Welsh
Mark Keane (upgraded rookie)
——
Toby Murray (MSD)
Brodie Smith (re-rookied)
Chris Burgess (re-rookied)

Out:
Rory Sloane (retired)
Ned McHenry (delisted)
Lachie Gollant (delisted)
Elliot Himmelberg (GC)
Brodie Smith (rookied)
Chris Burgess (rookied)
——
Will Hamill (delisted)
Patrick Parnell (delisted)
Mark Keane (upgraded)

It’ll be something like that
With Burgess confirmed to have a contract, it’ll almost certainly be this (unless a contracted player randomly is traded)

That doesn't change the fact that he's an ineffectual stat padder.

Surely no one thinks that he would leave a gaping hole in our list if we traded him.
It wouldn't, and I'd argue it would make us better. But the coaches don't see him like that i suspect

Senior List

OUT:
Sloane (retired)
McHenry (delisted)
Gollant (delisted)
Himmelberg (free agent)
????
????

IN:
Neal-Bullen
Cumming
Peatling
Pick 4

Rookie List

OUT:
Parnell (delisted)
Hamill (delisted)

IN:
T. Murray
FREE LIST SPOT
Any of Smith, Burgess or Strachan can be moved to rookie list.

Would have no issue if they were all delisted.

To only add #4 and Welsh in such a strong draft would be hugely disappointing. Hopefully there's a couple of more list changes to come.
They HAVE to do that, just to meet the AFL's mandatory 3x ND selections.

I suspect they don't consider delisting/re-drafting to be a delisting in this context, which is fair enough.

Can we "Hugh Greenwood" someone?

Delist them with the goal of definitely, totally re-rookieing them when they might have a small amount of interest elsewhere then bank the free draft pick slot when someone else takes them?

Not really when we've acquired peatling using draft capital that could have been used to get a 3rd player

Can we "Hugh Greenwood" someone?

Delist them with the goal of definitely, totally re-rookieing them when they might have a small amount of interest elsewhere then bank the free draft pick slot when someone else takes them?
We could. But we won't..... unless someone on draft night becomes gettable that we rate

keeping c burger rings and smith is simply wrong
Smith yes because we could've kept him below his trigger
Burgess has always had a contract for next year. Could pay him out but not sure that's the best signal to send to potential recruits

Never learn, you should never underestimate Reid’s ability to tack on an extra year on a contract for a player no other 17 AFL clubs want.
We got him to request a trade, to a club in a completely different state. That was never going to happen without the job security of a 2-year contract.

The logic behind trading for him was sound. We had Murray missing most of the H&A season, and were lacking in Key Position depth at both ends of the ground. Burgess offered the ability to provide depth coverage, as either a KPF or KPD. He turned out to be a massively worse player than we thought, but them's the breaks. The theory & logic behind the move was sound.

Makes no sense because now there will be so many main list delistings next year

smith
c burgess
schoenberg
strachan
(and probably bond)
gallagher from cat B

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back