List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Current list maths by my calculations means we must delist at least two further senior listed players and move them to the rookie list to make the mandatory three draft picks.

I would guess that we might delist two players, then use our third mandatory draft selection to promote Keane from the rookie list to the senior list. That way we also free up the two rookie list spots needed to re-draft the delisted senior players.

Senior List

OUT:
Sloane (retired)
McHenry (delisted)
Gollant (delisted)
Himmelberg (free agent)
????
????

IN:
Neal-Bullen
Cumming
Peatling
Pick 4
Second draft pick (Welsh F/S?)
Third mandatory draft pick

Rookie List

OUT:
Parnell (delisted)
Hamill (delisted)

IN:
T. Murray
FREE LIST SPOT
If we're not delisting anybody else (i.e. Burgess), then we're down to 1 list management option - move 2 players from the senior list to the rookie list (i.e. delist & re-draft in the RD), and upgrade 1 player from the rookie list (most likely Keane).

There are no other options available to us, unless an unexpected trade pops up in the next week, removing a contracted player from our list.

Can we "Hugh Greenwood" someone?

Delist them with the goal of definitely, totally re-rookieing them when they might have a small amount of interest elsewhere then bank the free draft pick slot when someone else takes them?
I nominate Murphy.

Makes no sense because now there will be so many main list delistings next year

smith
c burgess
schoenberg
strachan
(and probably bond)
gallagher from cat B
Walker going around again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sorry missed walker but yes.
milera hopefully sorts out his body
I think with Cumming coming in and Ryan on the rise, Milera’s gonna be regulated to just about permanent depth

He’s probably better than that if he gets back to full fitness, so I can see an interstate team or two calling him

We will almost certainly need to dip into our future picks, given that both Peatling & ANB are apparently valued as 2nd round picks.

It's quite conceivable that we could trade our F1 for Peatling + a 2024 1st (or some similar variation), using the 2024 1st on Dodson.

Losing the bulk of 25 for ANB would be criminally poor list management.

kelly just said no more delistings

like WTF

Ha ha, your campaign against Burgess falls flat. Alll those ha ha’s coming back to bite the egg on your face. I don’t rate him either, but it’s not hard to see that with Berg going and T Murray on 0 preseasons, Burgess was a fair chance to be retained as forward/pinch hit ruck depth.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back