List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s barely missed a game for years and is one of the fittest/hardest trainers out of any club. There is zero reason to think he couldn’t play almost every game for the next 4-5 years. Sports science is miles better these days too and we have one of the best in Burgess. There isn’t some sudden fall off a cliff after 30 these days for a lot of players, especially the ones that are super professional like ANB.

Unless he gets a freak injury, I think he’s a very strong chance of playing 100+ games at the club.
My hope would be that he plays 3 years at his current level (I think that’s realistic), then 2 years with a lesser output/role

With his fitness levels and training standards, I think that’s both realistic, and would be a win given what we gave up

My hope would be that he plays 3 years at his current level (I think that’s realistic), then 2 years with a lesser output/role

With his fitness levels and training standards, I think that’s both realistic, and would be a win given what we gave up
His biggest asset will be allowing Rankine to do what Petracca did and become an 80:20 mid/forward, that cannot be understated. It would 100% be one of the major reasons we pursued him.

He’s barely missed a game for years and is one of the fittest/hardest trainers out of any club. There is zero reason to think he couldn’t play almost every game for the next 4-5 years. Sports science is miles better these days too and we have one of the best in Burgess. There isn’t some sudden fall off a cliff after 30 these days for a lot of players, especially the ones that are super professional like ANB.

Unless he gets a freak injury, I think he’s a very strong chance of playing 100+ games at the club.
You talking about Sam Gibson?

Pretty clear that some recruiters ie. Richmond rate the draft as ‘super’ whereas others don’t ie. us.

It also depends on where your list is at. Freo, for example, prepared to give up two good picks for Bolton as he will have immediate impact rather than two draftees who are a couple of years away from being solid contributors.

I would have liked for us to move on a couple more guys and taken a couple more draftees. Or at least another one. We look like having at least two retirements next year and some easy delists.
The only way we could've taken more players in the draft is by not taking ANB and peatling. Those acquisitions took list spots and more importantly the draft picks.
If we still took those guys we could have freed up spots by delisting or paying out a couple of players, which may have caused salary cap issues but also wouldve meant we were using picks 80+ in the draft to replace them
It's pretty clear that we made an assessment on what we could get for players we were willing to lose in delisting or trade vs what we could get in the draft and decided we preferred trading in players and keeping pick 4. Personally think it was the right choice although i would have liked us to have 1 more list spot free so we could trade future picks back into this round to get dodson or another mid. But rumours that we are into NWM and/or draper next year may mean we need those picks

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back