Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Pardon the intusion but are mates with a couple of the lads here on the crows board if interested I have posted it on the main board but some info on a possible round 1 fixture the afl are considering has you guys at home to Gold coast round 1. We might be playing Brisbane away round 1 😡 no info on opening round but that doesn't interest us anyway.
How hard is it to get opening round teams play other opening round teams in round 1?

100% we don’t care about this draft. We need to start winning or everyone’s head will be on a pike.
Now we did indicate from very early in the year we would bring in experience players which was always going to impact our draft capital - so the choice was going to be to either split 4 or our future first, both risky and not great decisions - or use minimal spots on the draft this year
I guess not paying out a Smith or axing a Strachan indicates we wanted to hold on to relatively ready to go experience rather than a pick 64,80 etc in the draft

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
What about the 43 we had?

Pardon the intusion but are mates with a couple of the lads here on the crows board if interested I have posted it on the main board but some info on a possible round 1 fixture the afl are considering has you guys at home to Gold coast round 1. We might be playing Brisbane away round 1 😡 no info on opening round but that doesn't interest us anyway.
Great. First up against a team playing their second match again.

Lol mine Is the freo acount my partners is the port one I like trolling the port boys for fun. Sometimes i mix it up Good luck for you guys next year
How are they coping over there? Last I saw they were calling for Cripps to be sacked and that they were going to boo Atkins.

**** the AFL with these bans. Huge overreaction.

Did Geelong receive bans for this?

2747fecec437390185d541461230bdf7.jpg

Tell the players to knock it off but to ban them for a joke?

Plenty of comedies have made fun of twin towers, Jimmy Carr just made a P Diddy joke. Cancel them all hey? It might be in poor taste and people might be offended. But so what? It was a private event and they were INTENDING to be funny. AFL are overstepping their power here.

Im not going argue about whether this deserves a ban or not but i think people calling this a 'private event' has become a bit disingenuous.

I've seen someone people claim that the leak could face legal action for " breach of privacy ', which is insane.

It's not like this was a party at a players house. It sounds like they hired function room at hotel (or something similar).

There was still bar staff there, and obviously they were uncomfortable.

I wonder about this. As someone who is more invested in this stuff than the average supporter, you couldn't pay me to listen to trade radio during most of the trade period, but I sure as hell tuned in on the final day when all the action happens.

If they made it, say, 3 days, it would be all action all the time, must-watch viewing. Wouldn't that be worth more to them than 8 straight days of nothing happening other than adverts for Continental Tyres every five minutes?
3 days sounds tight but what I'd assume would happen is the majority of the discussions/ negotiations would just get shifted unofficially to the week prior and the 3 days would mostly be just official lodgement and last minute agreements

Plenty of comedies have made fun of twin towers, Jimmy Carr just made a P Diddy joke. Cancel them all hey? It might be in poor taste and people might be offended. But so what? It was a private event and they were INTENDING to be funny. AFL are overstepping their power here.

I think fines and game bans for something at a private event is a big overreach - even acknowledging that a room at a hotel isn't really "private". There were staff and others there.

Sure - you should let them know they're idiots, but beyond that seems wropng.

Uncomfortable with Bartel speaking about GWS standards etc yesterday, after he dressed as the St Kilda schoolgirl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1000%

Mate, PRIVATE FUNCTION

If someone other than the players has seen it, how private was it really?

The AFL isn't going to look kindly on there being video/photo evidence of this captured by a third party which could leak to anyone and cause a scandal. That's if they don't also believe that making fun of sexual assault in any context is morally wrong.

I don't believe for a second the AFL actually cares about this from a moral standpoint, but from a scandal perspective, they probably don't want this leaking to the media before they can hand down a punishment and act tough.

Mate, PRIVATE FUNCTION

It wasn't private. It was at a hotel. There were staff and others there. It just wasn't in a space open to any member of the general public.

I agree about what the AFL should feel is within their power to do - but the descriptions of "skits involving Jarrod Hayne and a sex doll" sound pretty terrible.

That was 12 years ago. St Kilda setting fire to a dwarf was 11 years ago. They'd almost certainly cop some sort of sanction today because the AFL wouldn't like the look.

The punishments for the GWS players sounds severe to me but I also don't have an issue with the AFL taking a strong stance against making fun of sexual assault

If someone other than the players has seen it, how private was it really?

The AFL isn't going to look kindly on there being video/photo evidence of this captured by a third party which could leak to anyone and cause a scandal. That's if they don't also believe that making fun of sexual assault in any context is morally wrong.

I don't believe for a second the AFL actually cares about this from a moral standpoint, but from a scandal perspective, they probably don't want this leaking to the media before they can hand down a punishment and act tough.
A $20k fine for failing to act? Actual player suspensions?

AFL has a long history of setting itself as the moral police, when it suits them.

Should the bar staff at the next Jim Jeffries show get offended when he tells the "I took my mentally handicapped mate to a hooker" joke and cancel him?

Jesus wept.

That was 12 years ago. St Kilda setting fire to a dwarf was 11 years ago. They'd almost certainly cop some sort of sanction today because the AFL wouldn't like the look.

The punishments for the GWS players sounds severe to me but I also don't have an issue with the AFL taking a strong stance against making fun of sexual assault
The fact it was 12 years ago and noone cared, whereas they would today, tells you everything you need to know about modern snowflake society. My God.

Surely it's a "issue a club statement and the players receiving a stern talking to" scenario.

Moral of the story is to not have those kinds of functions at a pub. It's not worth it. Have it at someone's house or go to Bali and go your hardest.

Surely it's a "issue a club statement and the players receiving a stern talking to" scenario.

Moral of the story is to not have those kinds of functions at a pub. It's not worth it. Have it at someone's house or go to Bali and go your hardest.
Most of the smarter clubs have it at a pub of a club sponsor or supporter

There needs to be a bit more care taken , not just behaving like that in a public space without care , actually some of the stuff just not in anyway regardless where … ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back