List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't they use Nick Murray in the ruck at 1 stage this year, or was that last year before he did his ACL?

I can't remember how he performed, but I imagine he has no problem throwing himself into the contest
He went ok.

Im finding now in my mid 40s I am fatiguing quicker and require a longer break between intense cycling sessions. So now I make sure I have a couple of recovery rides mixed with some moderate intensity as well. My goal is to change my whole body shape and thin down to remove how top heavy I am. All about hitting older age with a healthier and thinner body so I have less stress on my back and heart etc, while keeping fit and eating somewhat healthy. I figure cycling is one of the best activities due to the lack of stress on joints.
If I were your age I would do the same but I am in my mid 70's so need a simple plan.......actually no real plan anymore just to stay healthy enopugh to moe and relax and enjoy whats left. If I get to my mid 80's I will have to change my plan again 1729314457077.png

Our best mid against Sydney, 22 disposals at 81.8% disposal efficiency, 6 clearances, 6 i50's, 7 score involvements, 303 metres gained and a goal the game after.
Yeah I didn't think he was as bad as everyone said. Plenty stamped his 1's passport after that match. Which I felt was a bit reactionary.

Disagree, the point where both Goad and Barnett went in the draft (premium picks) is not where we should be selecting our young developing ruck. Later/rookie is the area of the draft where a lot of the better rucks are selected and where we got ROB incidentally.

Too late now but Flynn Penry or Joe Pike would be ideal candidates from this draft and both could go undrafted even. Penry would be every chance to get another year at the Rebels as an overager due to his late start to the season with injury.

The last 2 Rebels rucks to get the overage year were Rowan Marshall and Lloyd Meek, names ring any bells?

Couldn’t we just put an oversized contract in front of however we feel is the best ruck not getting number 1 ruck time?

So say a Nick Bryan, Henry Smith, Liam Reidy whoever it may be. Jus pick who it is and offer a package where they say they want to go

Almost necessary now given we need 2

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wasn’t the 2nd showdown (2nd last game for the season) the one where he fumbled basically every second possession?
Most games Berry Fumbled, as Ned did thru his career ....that split second to gather the ball again, reduced & shut down options, and brought unwarranted pressure

You don't develop clean hands ....you either have clean hands day dot, or not ....and AFL players who fumble, are ex AFL players

Most games Berry Fumbled, as Ned did thru his career ....that split second to gather the ball again, reduced & shut down options, and brought unwarranted pressure

You don't develop clean hands ....you either have clean hands day dot, or not ....and AFL players who fumble, are ex AFL players
So how come we see it and list mgt dont?

Same with murphs faults as it was with Ned... etc

So how come we see it and list mgt dont?

Same with murphs faults as it was with Ned... etc
Berry doesn't fumble at the pace of SANFL ....it's only been when he's in the heat of the kitchen at AFL level

IMO, it's been a case of his strengths out-weighing his deficiencies .....but I will say, Taylor is the epitome of not only clean hands, but a sharp footy mind

As long as they work their butt off in the PS .....Pedlar, Taylor and Pick #4 will be given preference to Berry ...... possibly Rachele too

Berry doesn't fumble at the pace of SANFL ....it's only been when he's in the heat of the kitchen at AFL level

IMO, it's been a case of his strengths out-weighing his deficiencies .....but I will say, Taylor is the epitome of not only clean hands, but a sharp footy mind

As long as they work their butt off in the PS .....Pedlar, Taylor and Pick #4 will be given preference to Berry ...... possibly Rachele too
No doubt
I cant see berry in our top 30.

Yep I'm with you on this one. It's why you often are able to tell with midfielders very early on if they're gonna be able to keep up with the pace of AFL (see: Soligo), they just collect ground balls with cleanliness and ease the majority of the time

Good news is, I see that ability in all four of Draper/FOS/Lalor/Smith too

Nah

Berry is purely depth
His 2nd half was shit but 1st half very good (nearly back to his 2022 form), I can see him replacing M.Crouch as the in and under extractor provided he is back to his clean handling which was his strength before the 2nd half this year and he always had an ability to weave his way out of his tackler which is an big advantage. If not, he definitely will only be depth.

And you don't loss them, he was always very clean below his knee but somehow he loss them in the 2nd half of this year.

Yep I'm with you on this one. It's why you often are able to tell with midfielders very early on if they're gonna be able to keep up with the pace of AFL (see: Soligo), they just collect ground balls with cleanliness and ease the majority of the time

It's hard with draftee's in U18's ....it's nowhere near AFL pressure

I'm usually against seeing volumes of work from draftees to judge ....but with hands, that's one instance where you do want to see a volume of scenarios

You want to see ... a) clean hands under real heat ...b) their decision-making when under real pressure, not when they're running free

Those two attributes above, are the first things I look at with any player

I think Taylors going to be ok too

Put a few of the injuries (particularly the linsfranc) behind him and push his training a little

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And you don't loss them, he was always very clean below his knee but somehow he loss them in the 2nd half of this year.
Isn't that when Berry started playing full-time Mid ? .....that's when the pressure on him elevated, and the fumbling became obvious

1729317960201.png

thats you going to the gym not some athlete in an ELITE sports program for last six seven years. he wont improve much if at all.

hes done, cooked, cortorized, pasteurised, finished
He really isn’t, the human body is capable of anything if you’re driven enough. Unless he has a medical condition that prevents him from developing a stronger cardio base, then there are no excuses.

To be fair, Taylor had 0% CBA time in that game, with Berry having 67%. Easier to get more of the ball in the trenches

What’s clear to me is that both those guys have higher ceilings than Berry does. I don’t think any of the three are in the best 22 to start next year, and given we’ve added a mid with a quality defensive game and better offensive game to our starting rotation, we’re better to prioritise those with higher potential (maybe less so Edwards if he’s not really impacting at SANFL level)
Time will tell, I have doubts Taylor has the size, grunt or endurance to be a full time mid.

Time will tell, I have doubts Taylor has the size, grunt or endurance to be a full time mid.
Size shouldn’t be a problem. I like his chances if given the opportunity, given how smart he is in traffic and the fact he’s a willing defensive chaser (averaged 5 tackles in non-sub games)

That said, with Peatling coming in, I feel like opportunities will be limited

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back