List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies & Roos both showed interest.

Peatling wasn't on our radar at the time... because if he was, along with landing ANB & Cumming, I reckon we would have allowed him to explore other options.

As it is he will be handy depth.

We now have around 30 decent players, which should make a huge difference compared to this season gone, where we traded out depth & lost Sloane early.

I’d prefer the depth to be potential up and coming mids like Dowling, Taylor or Edwards. We’ve also got guys like Pedlar, Curtin & Rachelle that we should be getting minutes into when opportunity arises. Reverting to known low level experienced guys is why we continue to fail to build a genuinely contending group. That said, gut feel is Crouch is on the way out end of next season.

Every team needs a strong in and under extractor to do the grunt work inside the contest and with Laird a month or two away from his 31st birthday and clearly past his best and Crouch not getting any younger Berry is more than handy depth for that role currently and likely to take over from Crouch in a year or two though I doubt Crouch barring injury falls off as quickly as Laird given his meticulous preparation and recovery.

I think North Melbourne should have gone Berry over Parker. Parker will probably play one season then need replacing.

Berry could give them 2 or 3 years whilst their youth catches up.

North got Parker for leadership and to set standards. I don't think they care if he only plays a bit

Imo Matt Crouch is still in the top few in the league in getting and dishing the pill.
If he is not injury affected Berry doesn’t play . Laird to the back pocket or sub.
Peatling will provide the extra tackle pressure and spread from Cba and stoppage that we lack.
Rankine for absolute brilliance and Dawson’s class.
Looking forward to next year or happy clapping if you like. 👏

Every team needs a strong in and under extractor to do the grunt work inside the contest and with Laird a month or two away from his 31st birthday and clearly past his best and Crouch not getting any younger Berry is more than handy depth for that role currently and likely to take over from Crouch in a year or two though I doubt Crouch barring injury falls off as quickly as Laird given his meticulous preparation and recovery.
Peatling. Averaged 5 clearances when not the sub, the same as Berry did from the GWS game onwards (when he was played full-time midfield)

This is the bit I don't get, if Matt is that good, why do we always need to go +1 at contests to win the ball?
Imo we have been lacking creativity and speed to take advantage of his ball getting ability and clogged our mids with type players. To me Matt’s only job is to get first hands on a loose ball and get it to a player in a better position to spread giving us first opportunity . Peatling and Ranks I reckon will change our breakaway this year. Just my thoughts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imo we have been lacking creativity and speed to take advantage of his ball getting ability and clogged our mids with type players. To me Matt’s only job is to get first hands on a loose ball and get it to a player in a better position to spread giving us first opportunity . Peatling and Ranks I reckon will change our breakaway this year. Just my thoughts.
Thanks for the reply, well explained.

Yeah I don't get it why if we are going plus one half forward role why we didn't have someone who hit the scoreboard and was clean with ball movement.
If we are using a half forward as our +1 at the contest, you'd actually expect that player to be a high inside 50/ goal assist player, not a goal kicker.

Now sure, Murphy isn't that either. So you should still be confused, just about something slightly different.

Watch ANB this year, it will make more sense. Unless we suddenly stop doing it now that we have the right cattle.

If we are using a half forward as our +1 at the contest, you'd actually expect that player to be a high inside 50/ goal assist player, not a goal kicker.

Now sure, Murphy isn't that either. So you should still be confused, just about something slightly different.

Watch ANB this year, it will make more sense. Unless we suddenly stop doing it now that we have the right cattle.
Nailed it

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back