List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fyfe was a top 2 players in the league and Fremantle didn't win a premiership, did play in a Grand Final though.

Doesn't guarantee you a flag but I think if you look through history it's an ingredient.

I don't think Richmond win a premiership without Martin, Geelong without Dangerfield, Melbourne without Petracca, Collingwood without Daicos.

Sam Durham was super impressive last night. Amazing that he was a mid-season draft pick. Newcombe in the same mid-season draft, as was Ned Moyle (we picked Parnell, who replaced Stengle). We should give Adam D'Aloia a crack at it. He's always been up there as one of the best in his junior years. Has transitioned to SANFL league and continues to be one of the best. Could he make that leap to AFL level as Durham and Newcombe have done? Showing more power now and improving his kicking - Jacobs shifted him forward in the last quarter last week and he had an impact. In a professional environment, no reason he can't continue to improve his skills and speed/power, knowing he's already elite at the defensive aspects of his game as well as an ability to find the ball, and he is a good size at 186cm and powerfully built. Someone will pick him up over the next couple of years and I reckon he will make it.

I think the difference for me is JHF. He has the potential to be a top 5 player in the league which you normally need to win the flag. Swap him and I think our list is better.
Probably. We need to find someone like that.
The rest of the list is actually progressing very well.
Apart from ruck.

Here’s best case scenario for mine , based on what I heard yesterday and then us with some smart forward planning

In:
Cumming - FA

English - FA

Trade in another top 10 pick - Freo (will need Warner ammo , or GC who will have it sucked up on Lombard pick.

2nd round pick from St.kilda for Berry who looks gone with “put off talks til end of year”

We go to draft and get

5- Draper
8- Lalor ( if he is gone then we get Dodson)
25- Champion/Barret
Welsh - F/S
I like it. But AFL will unfairly give Saints Pick 5 for Josh Battle and screw us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think what last night showed more than anything is that our list management has some critical decisions to make.

Tex? Feels like he should play on and be well managed, but if the back is stuffed then don’t want another Rory contract.

What do we do if Crouch, Laird, Berry, Soligo, Dawson and Taylor are all fit?
You can’t have Crouch, Laird and Berry in same midfield. Taylor is also a similar type. Must have some more variety.
Trade Berry? Then what? Still stuck with Crouch Laird and Taylor.
For me, I’d trade Laird. He would have some reasonable currency and we would be cashing out before the inevitable cliff.

Key defenders another key decision point. If Murray is gone it might change things, but do we need all of them on the list?

Sam Durham was super impressive last night. Amazing that he was a mid-season draft pick. Newcombe in the same mid-season draft, as was Ned Moyle (we picked Parnell, who replaced Stengle). We should give Adam D'Aloia a crack at it. He's always been up there as one of the best in his junior years. Has transitioned to SANFL league and continues to be one of the best. Could he make that leap to AFL level as Durham and Newcombe have done? Showing more power now and improving his kicking - Jacobs shifted him forward in the last quarter last week and he had an impact. In a professional environment, no reason he can't continue to improve his skills and speed/power, knowing he's already elite at the defensive aspects of his game as well as an ability to find the ball, and he is a good size at 186cm and powerfully built. Someone will pick him up over the next couple of years and I reckon he will make it.
DÁlioa is a poor man's version of Matt Crouch, can only play inside mid and it would be a good race between him and Matty speed wise. If we were to look at any midfielder from the SANFL it would have to be Kobe Ryan who is way more versatile and as effective as DÁlioa inside the contest...and has decent pace and endurance./

who's gonna take ROB? Geelong perhaps? Dogs if they lose English?
I can't see any other teams who would see him as a significant upgrade on what they currently have.
Getting English in and booting ROB would be a dream
Dogs will have very little in the ruck if they lose English.
Unless they move Darcy into the ruck. Which I guess is possible.

I like it. But AFL will unfairly give Saints Pick 5 for Josh Battle and screw us.
Just thinking, say the AFL do give St Kilda pick 5- if we trade Berry to them, are they still likely to draft 2 mids with 4 & 5? Is it possible they take just one, and go with a KP like Trainor with the other?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back