List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what is frustrating with the club.
They thought the rebuild was on track and just needed a few top ups to finish the list.
Instead of recoginising that the list is still a mess and that we need to keep going to the draft, they are sticking with their original plan which has already fallen apart

Yes - the club appears to be constantly in 'face saving' mode due to a long underlying stubborn arrogant 'we know best' culture.

Rather than just admit we we bungled too many drafts, we need more talent, this 'rebuild' hasn't worked and just been honest with fans/members... We keep this delusional charade up about just needing to 'tweak' thing and all is fine/on the right track.

The powerbrokers at the club appear completely tied to this list and Nicks. Just keep 'backing him in'.

Its sad to think their is no meaningful change on the horizon any time soon.

Yes - the club appears to be constantly in 'face saving' mode due to a long underlying stubborn arrogant 'we know best' culture.

Rather than just admit we we bungled too many drafts, we need more talent, this 'rebuild' hasn't worked and just been honest with fans/members... We keep this delusional charade up about just needing to 'tweak' thing and all is fine/on the right track.

The powerbrokers at the club appear completely tied to this list and Nicks. Just keep 'backing him in'.

Its sad to think their is no meaningful change on the horizon any time soon.
Just with our game style, I'm sure the board are starting to get a bit worried now.
It's going to be interesting to see how the board plays this out if results keep going this way.

Just with our game style, I'm sure the board are starting to get a bit worried now.
It's going to be interesting to see how the board plays this out if results keep going this way.
They’ll just blame the players like Nicks and the coaches have.

Listened to Bryce Gibbs last night sums up the mentality of these experts and that includes Blight who is going very soft.

“Early in the game the plauers are afraid to make a mistake, but when they’ve been down at 3/4 time and the coach tells them we are 5 goals down, take the game on
, go for the win and then you take chances, you play with freedom and aren’t afraid to make mistakes” Blighty nods in agreeance.

The issue I have with this is it’s the coaches from the get go who with their shit defensive gameplan are the reason the players aren’t taking the game on from the start. If the coaches are instructing them to and they aren’t listening well they’ve stopped listening to the coaches which again is a problem with the coaches. The coach then needs to send a big message via selection not rotate Sholl and Berry.

But we know it’s the former as it’s the way we played first preseason game and it’s clearly been the way we’ve trained.

As it’s so obvious it’s a coaching issue, how the **** aren’t the coaches being blasted? Is it because Nicks is a nice guy?

They’ll just blame the players like Nicks and the coaches have.

Listened to Bryce Gibbs last night sums up the mentality of these experts and that includes Blight who is going very soft.

“Early in the game the plauers are afraid to make a mistake, but when they’ve been down at 3/4 time and the coach tells them we are 5 goals down, take the game on
, go for the win and then you take chances, you play with freedom and aren’t afraid to make mistakes” Blighty nods in agreeance.

The issue I have with this is it’s the coaches from the get go who with their s**t defensive gameplan are the reason the players aren’t taking the game on from the start. If the coaches are instructing them to and they aren’t listening well they’ve stopped listening to the coaches which again is a problem with the coaches. The coach then needs to send a big message via selection not rotate Sholl and Berry.

But we know it’s the former as it’s the way we played first preseason game and it’s clearly been the way we’ve trained.

As it’s so obvious it’s a coaching issue, how the * aren’t the coaches being blasted? Is it because Nicks is a nice guy?
We're the club that doesn't have any accountability.
Back the boys in, we just gave Nicks another two years on top of this one.
We've been saying for years that Nicks selection policy wont get us anywhere and look where we are ? flipping no mans land

Like Jeffcrowe I'll be stepping back a fair bit this year, I don't need the type crap that gets thrown around at times for having an opinion on draftees ability. I'll still be watching a lot of games that said.
It would be very disappointing to myself and many many of posters if you and Jeff Crowe were not providing the insights and your views on prospective draftees just because of a few knobs that are on this site just to stir s--t .
Lead up to draft creates a lot of action on this site and with less input by yourself and Jeff ,many posters like myself and many others are too lazy or not got knowledge or facilities to gain the informed opinions and feedback you guys do.
Posters like you ,Jeff and Big Man are valued .
Don't let the snipers beat you.

It would be very disappointing to myself and many many of posters if you and Jeff Crowe were not providing the insights and your views on prospective draftees just because of a few knobs that are on this site just to stir s--t .
Lead up to draft creates a lot of action on this site and with less input by yourself and Jeff ,many posters like myself and many others are too lazy or not got knowledge or facilities to gain the informed opinions and feedback you guys do.
Woe is me Mutineer. Mutineer gets very little negativity about his opinions on draftees, it’s interesting that he doesn’t reciprocate, how many times have you read “well you do know” and then what follows is a condescending post criticising the other posters opinion.

Mutineer cops shit by me for being unable to provide an opinion that is critical of the club and his hypocritical posting. The bloke wouldn’t even name his team as he is too afraid that means he will need to pass an opinion on a player which differs to the coaches.

Why do we need Petty?

Defence
Murray ~ Worrell
Keane

Forwards
Thilthorpe
Fogarty Welsh

Just don't see the need to waste vital trade resources on an area that doesn't really need bolstering.
Petty to me seems like short sighted desperation to win the next game, as opposed to setting up a prolonged period of success.

Last edited:
On The Couch last night had a good little piece on Lukosius.

Basically Hardwick has shifted him back as doesnt fit into his forward line now, they showed some snippets and Lukosius gave some pretty average efforts.

In short - very small chance he may not be gelling with Dimma.

If we aren't in his ear in a big way we are just totally negligent (which probably isn't a surprise given the clowns we have).

Do we want a guy that Dimma rejects based on willingness to go?

This is what is frustrating with the club.
They thought the rebuild was on track and just needed a few top ups to finish the list.
Instead of recoginising that the list is still a mess and that we need to keep going to the draft, they are sticking with their original plan which has already fallen apart

They’d have been celebrating our 2024 flag when Croych returned in good Crouch form. Daws, Laird and crouch is an elite 3 that can mix it with the best.

At the end of last year, as compensation for the botched post hit, the AFL asked what we wanted. We wanted bigger games, and more commercial exposure.
The AFL would have looked at our games - top scoring, close games etc... and thought that was a good way of compensating.

In response, we put out the worst, slowest, most pathetically low scoring game plan imaginable. The AFL must be regretting giving us prime time games.

The only good thing is that it means the Vic commentators are finally watching us and realising what a sh!tshow we are as a club.
Hopefully the board are also seeing how badly Nicks has screwed the club over (good luck getting prime time next year - it will be back to Ballarat for us)!
The board and executives should be spewing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woe is me Mutineer. Mutineer gets very little negativity about his opinions on draftees, it’s interesting that he doesn’t reciprocate, how many times have you read “well you do know” and then what follows is a condescending post criticising the other posters opinion.

Mutineer cops s**t by me for being unable to provide an opinion that is critical of the club and his hypocritical posting. The bloke wouldn’t even name his team as he is too afraid that means he will need to pass an opinion on a player which differs to the coaches.
Watch out or you will cop his favourite 'thumbs down' reaction.

Don’t like seeing good posters disappear

Not sure if this has been posed yet;

How much Crowcoin would you be willing to throw at Jamara?

Imagine a forward line with Jamara and Izak.
Tex has retired, and cya Fog (traded for capital)

I'm sure he wouldn't leave Vic, but is it worth a shot? Offer $8M over 6?

Doesn't exactly solve our midfield issues though i guess

I'm finding a lot of the talk about doing another rebuild to be utterly irrelevant under the current administration. Nicks has shown zero desire to give youngsters a bigger role unless absolutely forced to by injuries or retirement, so I have no real faith he'd do much with what he's given even if we went back heavily to the draft.

I would say a continued push to trade draft picks for ready made players would be a list management strategy he's a fan of because he seems to have little desire (or ability) to continue to develop from within.

Not sure if this has been posed yet;

How much Crowcoin would you be willing to throw at Jamara?

Imagine a forward line with Jamara and Izak.
Tex has retired, and cya Fog (traded for capital)

I'm sure he wouldn't leave Vic, but is it worth a shot? Offer $8M over 6?

Doesn't exactly solve our midfield issues though i guess

Oh he'd be stoked with our midfield kicking to him, he'd look crap

Interesting to hear what GC are doing by going hard and playing the kids, even Swallow is on the outs and they are a chance of playing finals and there we are with a coach scared to take his chance and hoping beyond hope experience will pay off.
Maybe we can pick up some of those veterans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back