Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So after one win ppl want to trade a f1 - more than likely a top 5 pick. Could be pick 1 if we have a bad run with injuries- so it’s a big no from me
Clarkson keeps saying we need to go to the draft and get high end talent. So people thinking we’d trade it for a shit twin or something aren’t listening.

Stepping up a level to play his first senior SANFL game of the season Sid Draper turned in a seriously impressive display and proved that he can match it against the mature bodies. Playing almost entirely through the middle he finished among the best for South Adelaide with 23 possessions and put to rest any questions about his defensive work rate with 11 tackles among numerous other pressure acts.

Draper is a gun. Has mongrel,speed and class.

If FOS is gone and Draper is available at our pick it's a no brainer at 2 or 3.

Would be a blistering tough half back for a year or two until he takes Simpkins spot in the midfield.

Doesn't give off sooky lala vibes like that other SA traitor.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Absolutely can not see how it's possible we go midfielder after investing the capital we have over the last 5 odd years...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Clarkson keeps saying we need to go to the draft and get high end talent. So people thinking we’d trade it for a shit twin or something aren’t listening.

Draft picks take a couple years to mature, more so if they're KPP (Think Goad). I would be hopeful nobody is insisting we trade F1 for pick 15, 16, etc that would be poor management.
Trading F1 for picks <6 would be a good bet from my perspective. If we do finish bottom 4, well, luck of the draw, but given the past 4-5 weeks of improvement, that doesn't look likely.

Changes with the Zurhaar decision I guess.

So after one win ppl want to trade a f1 - more than likely a top 5 pick. Could be pick 1 if we have a bad run with injuries- so it’s a big no from me
There’s a significant amount of hyperbole being thrown around for a team that has won 2 games.

I am as happy as anyone that we appear to have had a consistent 5 weeks of great footy.

There is a bloody long way from where we are to where we want to go. Which will include making basically every post a winner in the drafting and recruiting sense.

Let’s not outsmart ourselves and stay the course Clarko and Viney have us on.

Depends on who's out there in free agency.
No first rounder in 2025 could help to get some deals done as it's not like we'll be able to trade

I would actually say that “cas-ill” is much more English received pronunciation than “car-sel”, which contains the Australian drawn out vowels.
gokangas - its Car-sellll maaate.

Ya talk like a bloody galaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhh.

Draper is a gun. Has mongrel,speed and class.

If FOS is gone and Draper is available at our pick it's a no brainer at 2 or 3.

Would be a blistering tough half back for a year or two until he takes Simpkins spot in the midfield.

Doesn't give off sooky lala vibes like that other SA traitor.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk
Pick 2 is probably one of Smillie or FOS

Pick3 Which is probably most likely after the weekend (unless Simmo gets sacked) Then yeah im seriously considering him along with Lalor.

Stepping up a level to play his first senior SANFL game of the season Sid Draper turned in a seriously impressive display and proved that he can match it against the mature bodies. Playing almost entirely through the middle he finished among the best for South Adelaide with 23 possessions and put to rest any questions about his defensive work rate with 11 tackles among numerous other pressure acts.

That power running at around 3.19 in that clip was outstanding, against seniors in the SANFL, and like I've said about him, too many people potting him for silly reasons, another one that has so much improvement to come, his tackling is first class and while some people have him anywhere from pick 4 to pick 9 he's a better player than some people think.

who in the current side needs to be replaced by 2026?

Pink (KPF)maybe our 2nd pick?
Shiels (wing/mid) First pick
Mcdonald (Med defender) Trainor?
Taylor (utility) First Pick
Corr (Def) Trainor but might be harsh on Corr.

Then you have to add in small zippy forward lile Kako/Berry

and theres still players in the VFL like Hardeman/Duurs/Goater/Logue/WDawson.

He also keeps saying we need to get some mature agers in around the 25-27 mark too.... but acknowledges it's tough in our position to get the buy in particularly with the FAs

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smillie was en fuego in the opening quarter with 12 disposals 4 clearances and a goal. He slowed down a touch but was still the best player on the ground through three quarters, before a strange fourth quarter in which he spent a lot of time on the bench and played deep in defense when on the field. Lets hope he hasn't picked up a knock ahead of the big Metro v Country game coming up this weekend.

And just as pick 3 looked the most likely outcome Simmo gets sacked.

Will they get the caretaker coach spur to notch a win or two?

Lachie showed the full package in a fantastic performance here. He was excellent in the air, taking several intercept marks as part of his 9 intercept possessions for the game, he ran off his opponent assertively to launch attacking moves and he used his tidy foot skills to hit targets at varying distances.

And just as pick 3 looked the most likely outcome Simmo gets sacked.

Will they get the caretaker coach spur to notch a win or two?
Might accelerate their rebuild now more than ever....wonder if they have a firesale and try and get more picks in this draft?
B.Allan, L.Urquart, Champion and Artemis would help their team so much without worrying about the go home factor..take a Travaglia and house with Reid....might even cash in on Reid??

Welcome to the pain WCE!!!

He also keeps saying we need to get some mature agers in around the 25-27 mark too.... but acknowledges it's tough in our position to get the buy in particularly with the FAs

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You’re right, but giving our midfields stats and interesting new ascendency in midfield battles. Do you still think we needs that age group on the middle of the ground? Or would it be more useful elsewhere?

Shanahan had probably his best Champs performance in the Allies final game of the series. Matched up on Riak Andrew, the two had a ding dong battle with both having some big moments to impress the scouts. Shanahan probably just shaded the contest, taking some nice grabs and booting three majors.

There isn't too many other than footspeed and maybe a tank.

Clarko did draft a similar type 15 years ago and his name was Jordan Lewis.

He's a good player and is going to land at a very nice spot for a side just outside the top 8.

Im sure someone like Collingwood would have absolutely loved a dip down and land someone like him. Freo have their pick and Langford is the last thing Freo need, just like us.

I could see him as a very nice replacement for Clayton Oliver at Melbourne.

Or again, another piece in the Dogs midfield rebuild with Sanders.

There's a few sides like Us, Fremantle, GC, Hawthorn that are flush with young center square midfielders to an extent, it will be interesting to see what they do in a midfield dominant draft.

The flexible mids in the first 10 or so that we will all be hunting will be FOS, Lalor, Murphy Reid.

Hawthorn have been chasing Bailey Smith and the most like Smith is probably FOS or Jagga. Jagga might get through to them potentially.

Fremantle will have the Pies pick where ever that lands and don't need clearance midfielders. Like us, they will be looking for runners to compliment a very strong clearance group.

GC are getting Lombard anyway and have Miller, Rowell, Anderson, Humphrey, Flanders, Graham.

Going to be a very intriguing trade/week draft indeed.
Oh man Jordan Lewis was exactly what I was thinking watching Langford as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back