Half-backs:Adam SaadMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Zac WilliamsCharlie CurnowAlex Cincotta
Forwards:Elijah HollandsHarry McKayMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange from:Jordan BoydJack CarrollCorey Durdin
Lachie FogartyGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsCaleb MarchbankJesse Motlop

Cant wait for this game - will be there on Sunday with free tix, alongside a good Carlton fan and 2 bomber fans. Really hoping to needle them big time

And when Curnow injects himself in to another big third quarter, we'll feel the pulse of the crowd and really feel the pep in the Blues.

I do genuinely smile at how black and white the hatred is between us. It's a genuine enjoyment we get anytime you struggle, and I know that it is 100% reciprocated.

A strong Carlton and Essendon is healthy for the competition, regardless of wanting to see each other's failure.

We play a completely different style to any of the last 15 years I can remember. Our defensive game plan is quite strong, to the point where we're in basically every contest because of it (All bar one this year). It has, however, taken away slightly from our attacking (also known as "front/forward running" game) to the point where we can't bury anyone, or comprehensively put anyone away.

Should be a great game, and a great atmosphere. I fear you unfortunately match up with us quite well. Weitering will give Wright an absolute bath, with Langford by far and away our biggest asset up forward.

The McKay battle theoretically could be fun, although I can see Scott being a spoil-sport and putting our McKay on Curnow.
Don’t forget your easy fixture…

I’d go as far as saying Cottrell, Martin and even Cerra should all come back via the 2s. The latter 2 have barely played in the last 3 months. We need them able to contribute immediately at the level they can.
These days they seem to incorporate VFL match intensity in training loads & match sim - hence the longer lay offs.

I can’t see us holding these guys back in the 2s.

Cant wait for this game - will be there on Sunday with free tix, alongside a good Carlton fan and 2 bomber fans. Really hoping to needle them big time

And when Curnow injects himself in to another big third quarter, we'll feel the pulse of the crowd and really feel the pep in the Blues.

* Board is :arrowright: way!

super keen, we'll figure out who is the bigger pretender. 7:20 on a sunday won't please my wife who will be required to give up the remote control. we will have a bit more confidence after pulling apart port, gold coast won't be pushovers up north and hopefully give them a bit of trouble. if a few of their players get suspended i won't complain either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do genuinely smile at how black and white the hatred is between us. It's a genuine enjoyment we get anytime you struggle, and I know that it is 100% reciprocated.

A strong Carlton and Essendon is healthy for the competition, regardless of wanting to see each other's failure.

We play a completely different style to any of the last 15 years I can remember. Our defensive game plan is quite strong, to the point where we're in basically every contest because of it (All bar one this year). It has, however, taken away slightly from our attacking (also known as "front/forward running" game) to the point where we can't bury anyone, or comprehensively put anyone away.

Should be a great game, and a great atmosphere. I fear you unfortunately match up with us quite well. Weitering will give Wright an absolute bath, with Langford by far and away our biggest asset up forward.

The McKay battle theoretically could be fun, although I can see Scott being a spoil-sport and putting our McKay on Curnow.
Their Mckay usually plays deepest defender...we usually mix McKay and Curnow which one deep and which further up the ground.

So we will end up dictating who B McKay plays on.

super keen, we'll figure out who is the bigger pretender. 7:20 on a sunday won't please my wife who will be required to give up the remote control. we will have a bit more confidence after pulling apart port, gold coast won't be pushovers up north and hopefully give them a bit of trouble. if a few of their players get suspended i won't complain either.
I want them 100% so there’s no excuses

Fantasia is such an interesting sub-plot.

Essendon fans I know absolutely detest him and are adamant he has never been any good. Funny that, because I seem to recall how much they adored him ripping Etihad stadium apart and kicking scintillating goals. Hatred/memory loss purely driven by him walking out on the club. They will have their booing at an all-time high whenever he goes near the ball.

The angst and negativity from Carlton fans is a bit overs in my humble opinion. He was brought into the team as insurance due to the fragility of our small forwards. He is not being played over fit, in form players. He is in because all of Motlop, Fog, Martin, Durdin and Cottrell have been injured or badly out of form (Durdin).
His match fitness has improved significantly with more games and he has displayed his ability to get up and down the ground and link up/help where needed. Yes, he doesn’t kick enough goals, but neither have any of the aforementioned.

I for one will be getting behind him and cheering him on!

GO BLUES!!!

Their Mckay usually plays deepest defender...we usually mix McKay and Curnow which one deep and which further up the ground.

So we will end up dictating who B McKay plays on.
If you want to have a laugh - watch Harry in pretty much every contest fall over and lose his feet but against his brother will probably hold fast and be the Colossus of Rhodes in every contest.

Fantasia is such an interesting sub-plot.

Essendon fans I know absolutely detest him and are adamant he has never been any good. Funny that, because I seem to recall how much they adored him ripping Etihad stadium apart and kicking scintillating goals. Hatred/memory loss purely driven by him walking out on the club. They will have their booing at an all-time high whenever he goes near the ball.

The angst and negativity from Carlton fans is a bit overs in my humble opinion. He was brought into the team as insurance due to the fragility of our small forwards. He is not being played over fit, in form players. He is in because all of Motlop, Fog, Martin, Durdin and Cottrell have been injured or badly out of form (Durdin).
His match fitness has improved significantly with more games and he has displayed his ability to get up and down the ground and link up/help where needed. Yes, he doesn’t kick enough goals, but neither have any of the aforementioned.

I for one will be getting behind him and cheering him on!

GO BLUES!!!
If our selection requires a one dimensional skilled player to deliver the ball to our fwds, it is cunningham, when fit, over fantasia. Watch Cunners against collingwood. Had more impact in that game, than fantasias 10 matches

My favourite time of year. This is divorce round.
Yep, I married an * supporter, she’s a good mum…….., forgot what else to say.

I feel like Frodo tramping into Mordor. I know what needs to be done, but **** the shit show I’m walking into.
Yes. I appreciate the difficulties. One nephew in law and one ex boss.
Had to stop going to us v * matches with them as I could not be trusted to be sportsperson like.😂
I realised some time ago they are actually a cult and never do anything wrong. 😛

Chatting with a work colleague through the week, bummers supporter. One of my best mates, at work. Yet because he loves his injector's he has this slant against Fanta and Saady. Like it just does not matter how much blood they shed and sweat and tears they released for his club. The fact that they openly wanted to leave his club and go play with us, means they are absolutely scum of the earth, Lol.

Who do we reckon Cinc goes to this week?

Has to be their ‘brave’ captain, surely…

Merrett. Their best player, best user, most impactful. Would think it's a no brainer

We can match Merrett on the inside.

We have no obvious solutions for Martin. They want the ball in his hands. Very different player, but averaging more touches than Merrett, much more damaging disposal, sixth in the comp for metres gained and takes the game on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back