Half-backs:Adam SaadMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayZac Williams
Forwards:Elijah HollandsCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshAdam Cerra
Interchange from:Alex CincottaOrazio FantasiaGeorge Hewett
Brodie KempMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Caleb MarchbankJesse MotlopMarc Pittonet

He was on the ground for 25 mins for 1 handball. No tackles, no kicks.

I get backing the coaching staff but not even Vossy will convince me he came on and had any kind of meaningful impact.
I recall Durd's awful attempt at spoiling the ball.

But after that effort my recollection is he redeemed himself quite nicely. Although the stats sheet doesn't show, I remember him being involved in quite a few goals where he was applying pressure and chasing hard.

Actually one of his better sub games I think.

I recall Durd's awful attempt at spoiling the ball.

But after that effort my recollection is he redeemed himself quite nicely. Although the stats sheet doesn't show, I remember him being involved in quite a few goals where he was applying pressure and chasing hard.

Actually one of his better sub games I think.
Not at all suggesting he played poorly or wasn't playing his role but it doesn't make sense to me to use him as a sub if you need an impact.

We have rocks in our head if we relegate either Kennedy or Hewett to sub. I want Cerra in but neither of those two deserve to be sub, lets not ruin the fabric we are building.

I don’t think it’s rocks but the fact that our selectors have done it before

For example in the Second Semi against Melbourne we played Cerra, Hewett and Kennedy but made Ollie the sub

and then in the Prelim against Brisbane we played Cerra, Hewett and Ollie and made Kennedy the sub

And Hewett has been the sub before too - so barring injuries I expect each of Hewett, Kennedy and Ollie to be sub in the coming months

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Over our first 8/9 games of footy, most of the team looked like they were running in quicksand/heavy legs. There’s a really stark change now(whether it’s because we have a few more key players back and allows more rotation)as we seem to be really running well across the ground with a lot more penetration when we kick the ball as well. Just overall look alot sharper
I think it also has something to do with where other teams are at when we play them. We’d be trying to peak in finals, and so would Collingwood. But other teams need to peak earlier.

For example, I reckon Melbourne had such a bad offseason they aimed to peak early and hope they could maintain it (their game plan doesn’t allow it though because it is too bruising to maintain). Essendon would be aiming for a mid season peak in the hope it carries them to September. Geelong went early with the intention of getting runs on the board before anyone else had woken up.

Our style would be difficult to maintain for a full season (see Melbourne). So the trick would be to make it through against sides who have chosen to peak early, while not playing our best footy. It is a pretty difficult act to manage when you think about it.

My only concern about Friday night is whether we have flicked the switch too early. But we would be reckoning on two weeks’ break in the finals series to freshen us up.

I think it also has something to do with where other teams are at when we play them. We’d be trying to peak in finals, and so would Collingwood. But other teams need to peak earlier.

For example, I reckon Melbourne had such a bad offseason they aimed to peak early and hope they could maintain it (their game plan doesn’t allow it though because it is too bruising to maintain). Essendon would be aiming for a mid season peak in the hope it carries them to September. Geelong went early with the intention of getting runs on the board before anyone else had woken up.

Our style would be difficult to maintain for a full season (see Melbourne). So the trick would be to make it through against sides who have chosen to peak early, while not playing our best footy. It is a pretty difficult act to manage when you think about it.

My only concern about Friday night is whether we have flicked the switch too early. But we would be reckoning on two weeks’ break in the finals series to freshen us up.
Create space between us and third place means we can start resting players. We have a softer second half so should be able to facilitate that.

Create space between us and third place means we can start resting players. We have a softer second half so should be able to facilitate that.
You are spot on crwenty1.

It has been mentioned a few times in here, but the important one is TDK. In the form he is in, he’s the difference between a premiership and second place (can you imagine if he was at the Swans… shudder).

We have rocks in our head if we relegate either Kennedy or Hewett to sub. I want Cerra in but neither of those two deserve to be sub, lets not ruin the fabric we are building.
Kennedy is in really good form recently, yet with his injury history and the way he plays. It would make sense that he plays as sub on occasion. He has shown that he can come on and really contribute in that role.
Hewett is a little different, in that I don't see him as a great sub choice at all.
Perfect sub choice for mine is Cuners, has pace, uses it well and knows how to kick goals.
Hopefully he plays a full game in the VFL this week and puts hid hand up for selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. Having small forward as sub isn't ideal. However you can probably get away with it during a H&A game and while you wait for injured players to return- which is what we've been doing recently. Fanta can play small forward or HHF so he's not a bad option as sub imo.

Come finals time, and hopefully with more best 22 players available, I expect us to be choosing a more suitable sub.
Reckon kennedy is a perfect. Can cover most positions

Explain Facebook Live GIF

After 4 year dominance with bugger all injuries the luck has run out the last few. If I was Richmond I'd look to offload Lynch, they've been without him on field for basically 2 years so they're used to not having his on-field leadership anyway. Some club potentially finals bound would take the punt on him for next year (Pies?).

I'd go full SOS and trade as many aging assets as I could this season to get some draft picks in before Tassie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back