Preview 2024 Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne Sunday 21st July 4:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wouldn’t think so, although sometimes it’s hard to identify when you are within the bubble.
I’m backing them in - finals are not won in July.

I'm not actually concerned with our last 2 outings, both GWS, Dogs can turn it on when things clicks and every top 8 sides have had lean patches

My main focus will be what we are doing 4 weeks out from finals

I don’t rate McGovern against talls - but definitely our best interceptor/flexi defender.

He definitely plays a "Hypbrid" type role. I just hope Durdin steps up this weekend and allows Weitering & McGovern to play on lesser players

Durdin could match up perfectly against McDonald (Swans) Wright or Draper (Ess) Tracey/Jackson (Freo) Hawkins (Cats) come finals

Should never have changed after a 5 game winning streak. Hopefully lesson has been learnt
This is the time for trying some different things/combinations and giving some players a break before the finals begin. We also have some players who are underdone at the moment and they need to get back up to speed with playing AFL games before finals.

The way we are playing now as well as the composition of the team will most likely be different in September.

Winning streaks in the season will count for nothing then.

Lots of messing around with selection and roles in recent weeks.
Smart management or getting ahead of ourselves?

Fitting in players returning from injury has hurt us a little I think. We expect them to come straight in and play well but it takes time to get up to speed again. This also impacts roles within the team and causes shuffling around.

Oh so no backman in for Kemp AND leaving Marchy in
giphy.gif

He definitely plays a "Hypbrid" type role. I just hope Durdin steps up this weekend and allows Weitering & McGovern to play on lesser players

Durdin could match up perfectly against McDonald (Swans) Wright or Draper (Ess) Tracey/Jackson (Freo) Hawkins (Cats) come finals
I’d love to see them give Durdin a role at some point as you have suggested.
He has limitations but is a better fit for our defensive structure.
I see McGovern playing the same role as Blakey at Swans - a weapon turning defence into offence in an instance. He needs a licence that a couple of sturdy tall defenders would provide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m wondering why people are so surprised…

This was always on the cards as Kemp is only a depth player until one of the older players has finished up.
Yeah I’m thinking Marchy is not the future …

Going by his history what are the chances of him being fit and available for the remainder of the season…inc finals if we go all the way?

Marchy is a Rolls-Royce when up and going, classy player, makes us better when he is fit and in the side.

Pile on and knocking a player that make us measurably better in September is poor form, and speaks to those at home on the couch without a read for the game.
marchy a rolls Royce 😂😂

Wonder where the spare parts come from 😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back