Preview 2024 Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne Sunday 21st July 4:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain this to me like I'm a padewan learner. Durdin named on extended bench, played VFL well, completed the game, pretty much is going to be named bar making it through training and during training is not able to make it through. Sounds like they don't even trust his body to make it through training... WTF is he still on the list then? Why wasn't he or Marchy just told go LTI and in mid season draft we just took a ping on a decent defender who doesn't break down as a break glass?

I don't Brad. They were worried about leg speed and tried to improve the middle. Issue is it made us worse

I am told we will be back to contested inside work this week as our 1st, 2nd and 3rd priorities
Should never have changed after a 5 game winning streak. Hopefully lesson has been learnt

Can someone explain this to me like I'm a padewan learner. Durdin named on extended bench, played VFL well, completed the game, pretty much is going to be named bar making it through training and during training is not able to make it through. Sounds like they don't even trust his body to make it through training... WTF is he still on the list then? Why wasn't he or Marchy just told go LTI and in mid season draft we just took a ping on a decent defender who doesn't break down as a break glass?
What happened to Durdin?

Don't mind Marchbank getting a run at it. Even though form had been very average at least he has played numerous games in the seconds to build some fitness. Hopefully he has the right mindset to just go out there and enjoy his footy. Deserves a break.

With Durdin and Marchbank confirmed why don't we bring in Lewis Young too so we can give the entire VFL backline a crack all at once?

VFL side is 19th on the ladder and #1 for points against.. what could possibly go wrong?

:$ :$ :$ :$ :$ :$ :$ :$
But, but. It's all about development 🙌

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s assume it is Weitering making this call.

I think it may be that kemp is less dependable defensively one on one. That he feels more confident in Marchbank, offering better 3rd man up cover & handling the oppo 2nd tall better defensively.

We need a 2nd defensive tall rather than another interceptor, given we have Newman, Saad & Boyd to distribute the ball.
I don’t think he makes the call, but certainly influences heavily.
Agree with the rest of your assessment. In my view, Marchbank is currently our second best tall defender. That’s an indictment on our list which needs to be rectified this off season.

I don’t think he makes the call, but certainly influences heavily.
Agree with the rest of your assessment. In my view, Marchbank is currently our second best tall defender. That’s an indictment on our list which needs to be rectified this off season.

I'd have Weitering & McGovern as easily our best 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back