Preview 2024 Rd 20 Carlton vs Port Adelaide Friday 26th July 7:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carroll gave us some drive from stoppages. Don't think he can be dropped especially with Walsh and Kennedy under injury clouds.

IF they aren’t I can see Jack’s merit and I want him to succeed because he has speed and talent - but he isn’t fit enough IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does nobody want Carroll out? He was awful, he doesn’t work hard enough defensively yet

Amazing in attack but 17 touches, one clearance from 15 CBA’s is not good enough (again, yet - I like him)

Binns deserves a crack, even off of half back - Cerra looks out of sorts on half back

I still think he has the biggest POD out of all our midfielders right now, his side step is very good.

I’d persist personally.

I still think he has the biggest POD out of all our midfielders right now, his side step is very good.

I’d persist personally.
He does, but 17 touches is not good enough from that number of CBA’s

He is electric with his pace and is hard at the ball, but is like Dow in that he just either can’t, or just doesn’t, work hard enough defensively

One of the goals we conceded he was jogging slowly back to D50 but didn’t make enough ground, Sheezel ran past 3 of our mids (including Jack) all of which didn’t/couldn’t go with him

He does, but 17 touches is not good enough from that number of CBA’s

He is electric with his pace and is hard at the ball, but is like Dow in that he just either can’t, or just doesn’t, work hard enough defensively

One of the goals we conceded he was jogging slowly back to D50 but didn’t make enough ground, Sheezel ran past 3 of our mids (including Jack) all of which didn’t/couldn’t go with him

Agreed, but that POD is what we desperately need in there, hence why personally I’d persist.

Really? How do you know? I'm interested
I am confident they get up, you are told they are at risk

My understanding is different to yours, it’s not personal - I appreciate you sharing your info and am apologetic if I came across as a dick (and am also happy to be mistaken)

Agreed, but that POD is what we desperately need in there, hence why personally I’d persist.
Yes but he took rotations from Kennedy, Cerra and Elijah - all of which are far more effective at the coalface

We beat North by three goals, how impactful could that POD really be?

For mine, one more pre season and he will be a jet

Yes but he took rotations from Kennedy, Cerra and Elijah - all of which are far more effective at the coalface

We beat North by three goals, how impactful could that POD really be?

For mine, one more pre season and he will be a jet

I think there was a lot more reasons as to why we only won by 3 goals tbf but right now we will agree to disagree.

Agree that we do need more rotations in there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big loss TKD for the next 6-8 weeks

Pitto your time big man

Jack Martin becomes crucial now as the hybrid 3rd tall…very important when Harry goes into the ruck…JSOS would be handy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there was a lot more reasons as to why we only won by 3 goals tbf but right now we will agree to disagree.

Agree that we do need more rotations in there.
Yeah I agree to be fair - I’m focusing too much on a single players performance which isn’t a mature approach

Walsh (if he plays) and Cerra need to step up. Our supposed 2nd and 3rd best midfielders need to be doing more. Now that TDK is out we need more impact from those two. TDK somewhat mitigated the clearance at ground level with his ability. Pitto might do better at pure tap to advantage but if he doesn't Cripps is going to need some serious help.

Hewitt was terrific at that, though.

Big loss TKD for the next 6-8 weeks

Pitto your time big man

Jack Martin becomes crucial now as the hybrid 3rd tall…very important when Harry goes into the ruck…JSOS would be handy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. Even more important with Williams out and Elijah down on form the last few weeks. I would definitely play him this week even if it is as the Sub.

There's a few blokes playing like they're in preservation mode...

Cerra comes to mind, kid has been hit with his injury troubles and just looks shot of confidence. He's a shell of the player that was tearing the filth to pieces last year. Now he's taking backward steps, not committing his body and even getting the pill ripped out of his hands. Thought he got a bit better as the game went on, but no doubt he's really lacking at the moment.

Cottrell I thought had a better game but still it wasn't anything to celebrate. He's slow to dispose of the ball and it puts us under pressure.

Durdin I have no doubt was a trial, see what he's got. Yeah, not impressed... he did get injured as well but that's another problem anyway.

KPD has been an area we have been lacking ever since SOS left. I really hope the mentality of "turning a failed key forward into a solid KPD" isn't true... anyway it is what it is for this season, perhaps we could try Pitto as ruck and TDK as another KPD? Gov and Kemp are both important players, hope they're back for this one. But when teams go tall against us we really start to struggle to defend in the air. There's a major reliance on team defence and when the pressure rating is hovering as low as 120... no chance...

Cowan has been struggling... with youngsters expect inconsistency, it's normal he will be a ripper, but maybe time for a break.

Cincotta has also been struggling...

OUT: S.Durdin, Cowan, Cunners
IN: Kemp, Gov, Boyd

Pretty early, we'll know more about our injuries tomorrow. If Acres doesn't get up, we will have to consider Binns but I have my concerns that AFL level is going to expose him a bit at this stage. Maybe time to consider putting Walsh or Cerra on the wing... Pitto for TDK if need be. I expect Walsh and Harry to be fine.
Pitto for TDK
McGovern + Kemp + Boyd into the backline ... VFL for Durdin + Cowan + midfielder
Look forward to seeing Zac Williams come back into that forwardline with Motlop, Owies and Fog

TDK is a blow, but we expected/aniticipated he was going to miss/be-managed for a game or two as he's obviously been carrying something (maybe the foot has been an issue but minor the last few weeks).

We can cover for him, and fortunately our mids are not going in with zero connection with Pitto and vice-versa, in-fact I think Pitto in might help our concentration moreso and provide some predictability for the run into finals that our midfield needs. We can still throw Harry in at bounces to give some extra dimension if required.

If TDK can get over his foot and lungs without a hiccup and get fitness and touch back, he could be a damaging X-factor we may need for a pre-lim etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back