Preview 2024 Rd 20 Carlton vs Port Adelaide Friday 26th July 7:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The outs suck. We are a side out of form so that lack of continuity is not great.

TDK is a match winning ruckman so he is a big loss. Pittonett is a very good backup ruck so he will be a definite in for a while.

Possibly ins list is pretty long which is good.

Jack Martin may be close but ideally would need another game or two at least.

Pittonet is definitely playing.

Binns could not have done more to get in this week, especially with Acres out. The issue with Binns IMO is his height. We like wingers to drop back in defence and impact as a lose man in the air and Binns won't be able to do that.

Kemp is likely to play.

Marchbank after missing with illness is likely to be available.

I could not see Williams getting up this week.

Jordan Boyd will most likely come in.

McGovern will most likely come in this week as well.

If Wilson had not missed I bet he would have been in consideration for selection.

Early days but at a guess I would say we go in like this.

Kemp Weitering Newman
Saad McGovern Boyd
Acres/Binns Cripps Hollands
Cottrell Curnow Hollands
Cerra McKay Motlop
Pittonet Walsh Hewett
Cincotta Kennedy Owies Fogarty
Carroll
Cowan Cuningham Marchbank

OUT: DeKoning Cowan Durdin
IN: Kemp McGovern Pittonet

I think we need to really bolster our defence. Cincotta goes back into defence to give us some run and strength at ground level. Kemp and McGovern come in for some height and flare. Boyd to give us a bit of run off half back. If Acres doesn't get up then Binns is the obvious one. I want to see Cerra spend some time forward. Kennedy to play on the ball, take some of the ruck and spend some time forward as well.

If Walsh is to miss then Cerra goes into the middle and Carroll into the side.
I think Marchbank will be well into consideration for selection.
Cuningham a little unlucky to be stuck as sub most of the game. Think he will be thought about for a spot as well.

We should still field a strong side. Names aren't so much our weakness at the moment, form is.

Cottrell, Elijah , Cerra & even walsh can go to a wing if we put all our bulls in the middle
I’m just assuming that if we are bringing in Binns, we would be doing so to play the position he overwhelmingly plays in the VFL (could be the sub, I suppose)…like the idea of one of the those you nominated (or others) getting that spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need some fresh legs and a bit of lateral thinking this week. The side needs a spark

Ins will hopefully be McGovern Boyd Williams Kemp Pittonet Martin Binns. I would seriously consider Lord

Play Cuningham or Cottrell off HB where they can run straight and tag Houston

Cincotta on ball
Who are the 7-8 you have coming out? Seems like a lot of disruption to the teams unless ofc a heap of them are forced

Last edited:
Need some fresh legs and a bit of lateral thinking this week. The side needs a spark

Ins will hopefully be McGovern Boyd Williams Kemp Pittonet Martin Binns. I would seriously consider Lord

Play Cuningham or Cottrell off HB where they can run straight and tag Houston

Cincotta on ball
I don’t think they would do it just yet but I’m also looking forward to lord debuting.

Got a feeling he might be a point of difference providing a bit of zip due to his size…another poster with a keen eye on the vfl doesn’t think he’s got too much burst ?

Last edited:
FFS. Another one who's done

Sam Durdin (calf)

• Underwent scans which confirmed a medium-grade calf strain, following the game against North Melbourne
  • Availability: 4-6 weeks

Post injury report:

Out: TDK, Nige, Cunners (maybe he deserves a full game, maybe I’m being harsh), Carroll (unlucky)

In: Kemp, Pitto, Gov, Boyd

Need to go back to our main seven defenders - Kemp, Weiters, Gov, Saad, Boyd, Cow, Newman (no Cez or Kennedy in the backline).

One more week for Martin in the VFL.

No idea who is sub. Maybe Cotts, especially if Blake is still a bit sore. Maybe Ollie. Hopefully not Kennedy or Hewett.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I watched the VFL game in full. The Oies were total rubbish. I saw one thing from Binns once I hadn’t seen before but otherwise I didn’t see anything unusual from him. He just took advantage of a rubbish Pies team. I wouldn’t pick him.

Kemp was great other than one shit kick. Didn’t play the last quarter. Straight in for Durdin.

Lord not quite ready but nice signs.

Martin didn’t play much of the last. Still looked a little rusty and going half pace. Unclear whether the effort is to manage his loads. Given how well the forwards are going I see no role for him and no need to risk yet.

Pitto was Pitto and in for TDK obviously.

Back 7 gets MCG Boyd and Kemp back. Durdin out. Cerra and Kennedy to vacate the backline although I personally prefer Kennedy to Cowan back there right now.

Due to Kennedy and Cerra leaving backline Carroll has to lose his spot.

Side other than TDK close to full strength. We should win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back