Preview 2024 Rd 20 Carlton vs Port Adelaide Friday 26th July 7:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on what we know so far, I'd go

Out TDK, Durdin, Carroll, Cuners
In Pitto, Gov, Boyd, Kemp/Marchbank

Boyd Weitering Newman
Gov Marchbank/Kemp Saad

Cerra Cripps Acres
Pitto Hewett Walsh

Elijah Charlie Fogarty
Motlop Harry Owies

Cottrell Kennedy Cincotta Ollie, Cowan

You copied me!!! (Well, except for the Marchbank option).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Based on what we know so far, I'd go

Out TDK, Durdin, Carroll, Cuners
In Pitto, Gov, Boyd, Kemp/Marchbank

Boyd Weitering Newman
Gov Marchbank/Kemp Saad

Cerra Cripps Acres
Pitto Hewett Walsh

Elijah Charlie Fogarty
Motlop Harry Owies

Cottrell Kennedy Cincotta Ollie, Cowan
Reckon that’d be close.

Given the MC’s preference for Marchbank down back, I wonder if they’d consider Kemp for Cowan to provide versatility. And then could he play minutes in the ruck?

My worry is ruck back-up for Pitts if he goes down (he’s tended to only play 60% TOG so not sure of his fitness/durability).

Reckon that’d be close.

Given the MC’s preference for Marchbank down back, I wonder if they’d consider Kemp for Cowan to provide versatility. And then could he play minutes in the ruck?

My worry is ruck back-up for Pitts if he goes down (he’s tended to only play 60% TOG so not sure of his fitness/durability).
We got caught a key defender short last week when Comben went forward. Port play pretty tall up there as well. Assume Weitering plays on Dixon then depends on whether they play both Georgiadis and Marshall (Finlayson out for the season).

Reckon that’d be close.

Pitto TOG depends on whether he's sole ruck or not. Played 75% as sole ruck against the Tigers. Plays a lot less on the ground if he's tandem with TDK.

We got caught a key defender short last week when Comben went forward. Port play pretty tall up there as well. Assume Weitering plays on Dixon then depends on whether they play both Georgiadis and Marshall (Finlayson out for the season).
They have Lord as well but he may make way for Marshall if fit

Well it keeps getting better by the day.....

Outs: TDK, Durdin - definite
Blacres, Walsh (maybe's)
Cunners

Ins: Pitto, McLovin (definate)
Binns, Boyd (in case)
Martin (speculative but absolutely worth it!)

Unfortunately Kemp, Marchie, and Lord unlucky....

Well it keeps getting better by the day.....

Outs: TDK, Durdin - definite
Blacres, Walsh (maybe's)
Cunners

Ins: Pitto, McLovin (definate)
Binns, Boyd (in case)
Martin (speculative but absolutely worth it!)

Unfortunately Kemp, Marchie, and Lord unlucky....
He makes me clench hard everytime he goes near the ball but I really think we need to get a couple of games into Young before finals.

I watched the VFL game in full. The Oies were total rubbish. I saw one thing from Binns once I hadn’t seen before but otherwise I didn’t see anything unusual from him. He just took advantage of a rubbish Pies team. I wouldn’t pick him.

Kemp was great other than one shit kick. Didn’t play the last quarter. Straight in for Durdin.

Lord not quite ready but nice signs.

Martin didn’t play much of the last. Still looked a little rusty and going half pace. Unclear whether the effort is to manage his loads. Given how well the forwards are going I see no role for him and no need to risk yet.

Pitto was Pitto and in for TDK obviously.

Back 7 gets MCG Boyd and Kemp back. Durdin out. Cerra and Kennedy to vacate the backline although I personally prefer Kennedy to Cowan back there right now.

Due to Kennedy and Cerra leaving backline Carroll has to lose his spot.

Side other than TDK close to full strength. We should win.

Very concise wrap.

Thank you.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm putting Walsh on wing and Cerra in the middle.
I'm keeping Carroll ahead of Cotts and Kennedy as sub.

Kemp Weitering Newman
Boyd McGovern Saad

Walsh Hewett Acres
Pitto Cripps Cerra

Elijah Charlie Cincotta
Motlop Harry Owies

Cowan Fogarty Carroll Ollie
Kennedy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pitto TOG depends on whether he's sole ruck or not. Played 75% as sole ruck against the Tigers. Plays a lot less on the ground if he's tandem with TDK.
Fair point. Just not sure if he has the fitness to ruck out a whole game and I’m not comfortable having Cripps doing too much ruck work. (But I like McKay in for stints).

Fair point. Just not sure if he has the fitness to ruck out a whole game and I’m not comfortable having Cripps doing too much ruck work. (But I like McKay in for stints).
TDK generally plays 75 - 80% on ground when sole rucking. Won't be too much different this week with Harry picking up some of the slack at centre bounces abd Cripps and Kennedy helping out around the ground. Pitto has had a fairly good block of games under his belt of late.

Their preferred approach has been to split about 25 percent of ruck contests among 3 players - McKay (centre bounce and forward rucks) and Cripps and keenness (around the ground). Probably ends up meaning Cripps takes about 8-10. McKay a few more. Kennedy a few less.

Midfield battle will be huge, Cinc needs to shut down Rozee or Butters (whoever they put him on) and need big games from Crippa and Walsh.

Backline will be bolstered with the return of Gov and Kemp. Boyd probably comes straight back in too.

Cunners didn't get much of a chance against Norf, still only 1 touch when he was out there. Not sure if he'll keep his spot.

Cowan been struggling lately, I think he needs Gov and Kemp out there to support him, but also being a kid still, he's going to be inconsistent.

OUTS: S.Durdin, TDK, Cowan, Carroll/Cunners
INS: Gov, Pitto, Kemp, Boyd

B: Newman Weitering Kemp
HB: Saad Gov Boyd
C: Cerra Cripps Acres
HF: Elijah Harry Fogarty
F: Owies Charlie Mots
RR: Pitto, Walsh, Hewett
IC: Ollie, Kennedy, Cottrell, Cincotta
SUB: Cunners/Carroll

Close to full strength on paper... but not between the ears...

Pressure rating will tell the story, like it did against North...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back