Preview 2024 Rd 20 Carlton vs Port Adelaide Friday 26th July 7:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking beyond tonight’s match which I think we’ll win btw.

TDK is a big loss, however if we can get the mids back in their happy place roving to Pitto, it’s somewhat covered.

Also in the coming weeks, we should have Jacky M and Zach W both available…touchwood

Think of how potent our fwd line will be….um delicious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think with Pito playing are mids will be settled. TDK although great at following up with his taps, his initial tap work did appear to not synch with the mids. Pitto is less dynamic and more consistent and in tune with the mids at bounces so this consistency just leaves the mids one less thing to have to think about at this tiring tail end of the season.

All I need is for Carlton to smash us and put us out of our misery.
Ro Ok GIF by Rosanna Pansino

did marchbank not get up after his illness, or not needed for matchups? maybe not with their lord out. exposed form in vfl now has kemp in pole position there i guess. mcgovern an important in to tidy up with boyd not relied upon to get the ball to others up the ground.

yeah would also be interested in seeing binns run around at some stage but not going to hold my breath. suffice to say, there may be some room in future games against other lower down teams where he steps in, in case of resting someone. vfl form alone clearly isn't going to give him a spot, and that's the meat of it.

maybe we're less likely to psychologically to take this easier. we seem to be the type of team that ends up roughly the same amount ahead in our games we win regardless of who. geelong/richmond not withstanding. if that means we win by 19 against port adelaide, i'm happy with that. defib on standby.

Love the ins, but would love a coupe more:

• Defensive pressure and our pressure rating up where it should be.
  • That killer instinct we had in our run of 5 wins.
  • Better ball use.
  • Much more of what we saw in the third quarter last week.
Yep, this will win it for us.

My hope is that the third quarter last week reminded the players of the standard, and the rewards we get we we reach it. If we keep this consistent for much of the game, I think we've got this one covered.

I think some people forgetting it's a bloody long season... what team plays strong footy all year.

I'd take a month of strong footy rather than the wild inconsistency between and within matches.

Round 0 vs Lions - Weird bloody game.
Round 1 vs Tigs - Very unimpressive result.
Round 3 vs North - Horrible early, better late.
Round 4 vs Dockers - Umpire double goal.
Round 5 vs Crows - Very ordinary against our bogey side
Round 6 vs Giants - Good performance.
Round 7 vs Cats - Garbage except for the final 10mins
Round 8 vs Pies - Pretty average most of the game
Round 9 vs Dees - Limped over the line
Round 10 vs Swans - Embarrassing.
Round 11 vs Suns -
Solid performance
Round 12 vs Port - Very good performance.
Round 13 vs Dons - Good performance.
Round 15 vs Cats - ****ing dominant performance.
Round 16 vs Tigs - Average first half then totally lit them up.
Round 17 vs GWS - Disgusting
Round 18 vs Dogs -
Very poor
Round 19 vs North - Ordinary

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back