Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in …

2 Changes

IMG_0952.jpeg
MILESTONE: Nic Newman 100 Carlton Games

IMG_0953.jpeg

Don't want to hear we have two days extra rest as a factor in us having an upper hand. Have a feeling we'll be overly defensive to try contain the game and maintain a top 8 position and the Hawks will see a chance to make top 8 and will take risks, run, run, run.

Please Voss, let them take risks and play on some instinct and chaos.

100%.
I'm a Voss fan but it has appeared for a while that a number of our players are bogged down in process and system that they've lost their instinct to hunt & find the footy.

Cuningham (when he plays) major victim of this
Cottrell a victim. Motlop, Fantasia, Carroll. Fog, for all his pressure, simply doesn't get the ball enough.

Compare this to the Hawks who play like a team completely unshackled.

100%.
I'm a Voss fan but it has appeared for a while that a number of our players are bogged down in process and system that they've lost their instinct to hunt & find the footy.

Cottrell a victim. Motlop, Fantasia, Carroll. Fog, for all his pressure, simply doesn't get the ball enough.

100%. Players have to want the ball and not be solely focused on shutting the opponent down. It’s a telltale sign of low confidence and self preservation when that happens. We’ll find out how much we want it early.. hopefully this time we kick accurately and make the most of the momentum.

GULOg06asAEUaMe

100%.

Very good point. My question is how many players have improved under Voss?

I have been in the rooms several times when Voss has spoken with players and even once in a pre game meeting

Voss has a real presense and players listen. His personality is very strong.

The impression I took away (right or wrong) is he is extremly strong in his opinion and won't be strayed from it. A number of players have said similar. That can be good or bad. It's hard to work out if the players like him as a coach, but they definitely respect him.

He has a plan, is extremely structured and sticks to it no matter what

No confidence at all. All I know is Cripps will have a monster game as always and try his best to carry this team.

Can someone please fix our i50 entries for the love of god.
One way is to get Walsh to wear goggles that makes the players appear closer than they really are, maybe then he'd kick it to our forwards in front of them

So many variations with three games to go
Only a few weeks ago we were 2nd with a game in hand.
One win could get us into finals. Two probably needed
Three wins would likely be Top 4

Feel like we have Three elimination finals coming up
In our favour is how many of the other top 8 play each other

So many variations with three games to go
Only a few weeks ago we were 2nd with a game in hand.
One win could get us into finals. Two probably needed
Three wins would likely be Top 4

Feel like we have Three elimination finals coming up
We don’t usually respond well to this type of pressure … there’s a difference between last season and this season and that’s expectation … we’ve never handled it well … that’s the big challenge for this group …

One way is to get Walsh to wear goggles that makes the players appear closer than they really are, maybe then he'd kick it to our forwards in front of them

It's a good point. Love Walshy and there ain't much you can criticise about him but his kicking inside 50 this year has been diabolical. Constantly sits the ball on top of our forwards heads which, as we know, advantages the defender. Some of his kicks, in particular to Harry this year, have been amateur hour stuff.

Cerra is our best kick inside 50...unfortunately we cant rely on that now

100%.

...until teams and coaches put a bit of work into them (as they did to us on 2022).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100%.

DC has played that way under every coach he has had. Flash in the pan.

Na - he was more 'involved' under previous coaches -for a period there he was our go to guy for inside 50 kicks.

Looks completely lost out there under Voss.
Was a factor in our good run last year, ran out of puff towards the end of our season.
This year, 2 games, injured, 1 game, injured, 1 game sub, next game injured in the 1st.

The hawthorn game plan is fast and quick ball Movement. I think
A high pressure game and our turnover game could come to the front. There seems to be alot of space off turnover as they front run a lot.

We have been favourites in all
Of our last 5 games and come out 1-4. This game we are going in as underdogs which we carry this mantle much better.

Last edited:
I always have time for your views, JAB. I hope you’ve had a chance to read the Peter Ryan article in today’s Age. You are both singing from the same song sheet 👍
I don't mind reading links occassionally - but I havent read a newspaper of any kind since I dropped my subscriptions to the WSJ and Financial Times about 10 years ago as for the AGE - I think I stopped dreading lefty propaganda a couple of years after I stopped reading Murdoch crapola and that was decades ago :p - I'lltry and find the article and use archive to get a read...t@

PS here it is

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back