Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in …

2 Changes

IMG_0952.jpeg
MILESTONE: Nic Newman 100 Carlton Games

IMG_0953.jpeg

Agreed.

The if TDK played narrative is another smoke screen. Didnt explain the performance versus the dogs...

Who were not in form, and well out of the 8.

If we were legit top2, coming off a loss to GWS, for the captains 200 we should have got the job done.

West Coast 2018, lost NicNat, Gaff, Sheppard and still found a way to win a flag, rolling with Nathan Vardy in the ruck.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk
TDK played back up ruck to Pitto that game due to his rolled ankle the week before.

We have had a worse run with major injuries to key players yet again than most clubs.

If we didn’t have that problem, if we only had an average run….we would be second. We would be 3 bucks for the flag.

I’m making one: an average run would have us second and we would all be pleased.

Very good point. My question is how many players have improved under Voss?

I have been in the rooms several times when Voss has spoken with players and even once in a pre game meeting

Voss has a real presense and players listen. His personality is very strong.

The impression I took away (right or wrong) is he is extremly strong in his opinion and won't be strayed from it. A number of players have said similar. That can be good or bad. It's hard to work out if the players like him as a coach, but they definitely respect him.

He has a plan, is extremely structured and sticks to it no matter what
He probably points to the fact when we follow it we win. He would love the injury list the Hawks have. The Dogs have. Port. One or two first choice players out each. Pies were the same on the weekend.

I think we should threaten to sack the coach...

Fagan - Everyone wanted him sacked....
Hinkley - Everyone wanted him sacked...
Bevo - Everyone wanted him sacked...

They're the three form teams at the moment.
That tactic worked almost perfectly last year.

We played rubbish footy up until about round15, Voss's popularity matched our ladder position...and then abra-cadabra, we woke from a coma and almost snatched a flag.

Well the good thing is the expectation of 6 weeks ago is long gone. We must be underdogs now surely.? Give Walsh the rest and let one of the VFL boys have a run.. Won't happen though..

Not that they should need it but every week for the last month, there's been additional motivation to get up - lock in top 4, Crippa's 200th, etc. and we haven't been able to do it.

Every week I've thought we'd lift because of these reasons, or that we'll be better and more balanced with players coming in and out of the team. Every week I've thought that this is the game that we'll turn things around and we haven't.

With how close the season is, and some results going our way, we're still surprisingly in the hunt for top 4. All I have left is the hope that we can find a way to get our season back on track, starting with a win on Sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that they should need it but every week for the last month, there's been additional motivation to get up - lock in top 4, Crippa's 200th, etc. and we haven't been able to do it.

Every week I've thought we'd lift because of these reasons, or that we'll be better and more balanced with players coming in and out of the team. Every week I've thought that this is the game that we'll turn things around and we haven't.

With how close the season is, and some results going our way, we're still surprisingly in the hunt for top 4. All I have left is the hope that we can find a way to get our season back on track, starting with a win on Sunday.

105,000 plus agree with you

No confidence at all. All I know is Cripps will have a monster game as always and try his best to carry this team.

Can someone please fix our i50 entries for the love of god.
It’s sooooo sad that we can’t change this…one of the prominent clubs in the afl and seems our footy department just can’t get it together.

Seems such a simple fix.

2 in his past 3 matches. 12 nearly ones. he must have slippery hands.
Imagine being that much taller and stronger than almost everyone on the ground and not being able to catch the ball a few times.

FFS plonk yourself a kick behind play and take a few.

Saying this in defense of pitto is literally hilarious. They'd be exactly the same output on the spread. IE 0. Pittos embarassed himself 2 weeks in a row. IE not doing his job. 'Do your job or **** off'.

If that's what you think meek would do to mirkov then why is that even a defense? If he can do it to mirkov he will do it to pitto. Mirkov is bigger, taller and stronger.

Their weights and heights are irrelevant. Pittonet is a capable seasoned player who knows what is required at the highest level. Meek may well beat him but it won’t be a complete domination. If Mirkov plays Meek will out muscle, out run and out play Mirkov in a way that will so decisive it will almost certainly be the definitive factor in a Hawks victory. Mirkov is nowhere near league standards which is not unexpected as he is a highly speculative cat b rookie selection. He can barely influence reserves games. I’d rather we play Young in the ruck than play Mirkov. There is no chance Voss would pick him given he’s talked all season about building the connection between the core group who will play each week, of which Pitto is clearly part of and Mirkov is clearly not. Voss probably deserves to be sacked if he picks an untried underdeveloped rookie in must win game.

Carlton by ten goals, we will monster the teams we will be playing in the next 3 weeks. Watch out if the players change their mindset from playing selfish to playing the team game.

Forced changes only.

Carlton by ten goals, we will monster the teams we will be playing in the next 3 weeks. Watch out if the players change their mindset from playing selfish to playing the team game.

Forced changes only.

I sincerely hope you are right. It's a tightrope from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back