Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in …

2 Changes

IMG_0952.jpeg
MILESTONE: Nic Newman 100 Carlton Games

IMG_0953.jpeg

I hope so too, If they dont switch it on this week , I don't know when they will. No more safety nets.

Win out from here. Hope Sydney can hold 1st, finish 4th and go to the SCG to take on a far weaker opponent than last time.

Win out from here. Hope Sydney can hold 1st, finish 4th and go to the SCG to take on a far weaker opponent than last time.

Plan B may also not be too bad…

Win our next 3 games - go to the Gabba and do our best - if we win great we host a Prelim - if we lose at the Gabba we have to win a home semi final (perhaps against an interstate side) and then we play a prelim at the SCG or at the MCG against the Dogs. That’s the longer route but not the end of the world

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Plan B may also not be too bad…

Win our next 3 games - go to the Gabba and do our best - if we win great we host a Prelim - if we lose at the Gabba we have to win a home semi final (perhaps against an interstate side) and then we play a prelim at the SCG or at the MCG against the Dogs. That’s the longer route but not the end of the world

Plan C is the worst but also leads to the easier path to the flag

We win all 3 games - with some percentage boost too so we get ahead of Port and Giants and remain well ahead of the Cats

Then hope that the Giants knock the Lions off at the Gabba this weekend - fortunately it’s a must win game for the Giants whereas Lions will feel it’ll be nice to win but don’t have to because everyone under them will still lose one more game so Lions can still finish second with a loss

And then here’s the worst part - we all show up to the G and support Collingwood against the Lions and hope the Pies win and allow us to overtake the Lions into second place… pain followed by staying at the G for Finals

If you actually look at the post-bye ladder, ie use every team's last 6 games, our losses to GWS, WB & Port don't look too bad, especially with some of the mid-game injuries we copped. Our % over those 6 games is above 100 as well.

Obviously Sat night's loss was disgusting, but let's hope it was an aberration rather than a sign of further pain to come.

Yes, someone will. If we can get a second rounder then I would be all over trading him. He does not offer anything around the ground.
I think you answered your own question. No offering around the ground is a liability these days.
Cameron 40 hitouts to 25 on the weekend as well.

Yes, someone will. If we can get a second rounder then I would be all over trading him. He does not offer anything around the ground.

Earlier in the year Pittonet was very good. The issue is the variations in form. Seems to be no middle ground

TDK is a star but you need back up. Ruckman playing every game is a rarity. Mirkov will probably be delisted and there is no way he plays this weekend. O'Keefe I really like but is young. May be able to play games next year

I wanted Goldstein last year as FA for this very reason. He would be very handy now

I really ride the emotional roller coaster supporting the baggers.

After out loss against the pies, I was sure the Hawks would smack us by 10 goals.

Mid week my ever optimistic nature starts to kick in. Maybe if we continue where we left off Saturday night. Play positive attacking footy, we can get the job done.

If we knock off the Hawks and get our confidence back, win the last 2, then hit the finals with form and confidence.

By Sunday my confidence will be sky high again. My brian will probabably have us flag favourites if we win. 🤣

The optimist in me wants the Lions to finish 1st, we hang onto 4th...

Then we beat the Lions at the Gabba... again.

Think of the statement that would make... maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment...

I’ve got 6 tickets to this game that I have absolutely zero interest in using.

Free to any Carlton supporter who wants to subject themselves to 3 hours of misery.

Pretty funny that I haven't had a single DM about these tickets.

Anway, I am back on the bandwagon.

Win the last 3. Go to Sydney and knock off that rabble.

Home prelim and then who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After out loss against the pies, I was sure the Hawks would smack us by 10 goals.

Mid week my ever optimistic nature starts to kick in. Maybe if we continue where we left off Saturday night. Play positive attacking footy, we can get the job done.

If we knock off the Hawks and get our confidence back, win the last 2, then hit the finals with form and confidence.

By Sunday my confidence will be sky high again. My brian will probabably have us flag favourites if we win. 🤣

It's an emotional rollercoaster... especially with this club.

imo, they're losing to the fear of failure more than anything else...

The silver lining to finishing in the bottom 4 of the 8 this season is that I don't think it's as bad as any other year. We've all seen the figures showing you need to finish top 2 basically to win it. I think this season is different. We've never seen a season like it, and of the top 8 (top 12?) I think our best still scares the other teams the most except maybe Sydney.

Once we make finals, even if it's in 8th, I think we're a good chance and would still back us against any other top 8 team. No other team would be happy drawing up against us in finals.

I think you answered your own question. No offering around the ground is a liability these days.
Cameron 40 hitouts to 25 on the weekend as well.
Cameron is an A grade Ruckman, taps well to advantage , powerful and has good athleticism and skill set , for a giant.
Pitto is a good ordinary Ruckman, great servant , serviceable and plays his role, if we were to snare an early to mid 2 rounder, one would take it and run.

If you actually look at the post-bye ladder, ie use every team's last 6 games, our losses to GWS, WB & Port don't look too bad, especially with some of the mid-game injuries we copped. Our % over those 6 games is above 100 as well.

Obviously Sat night's loss was disgusting, but let's hope it was an aberration rather than a sign of further pain to come.
We lost to a Bulldogs team missing Naughton, Jones and Treloar (roughly the equivalent of us missing McKay, Weitering and Walsh).

We lost to a Bulldogs team missing Naughton, Jones and Treloar (roughly the equivalent of us missing McKay, Weitering and Walsh).

Again, attitude and intent over personnel...

Last year we beat top 4 sides late in the season with Cerra, Walsh, Harry, Gov, Williams, SOS, Kennedy all out.

Even earlier this year, we knocked the Lions off at the Gabba without Walsh and Weitering... oh and pretty much no Doc too.

Players need to trust in the system, play team footy and keep the pressure up and obviously execute.

Last week, the pressure rating was overall better for the most part... iinm, we had a higher pressure rating than them in q1, q2 and q4... just issues with execution, system and team footy.

For example, Lij hb to Charlie, we're 14 points down. Instead, he selfishly goes for goal, misses then it goes up the other end and we're 25 points down at 3 qtr time.

Oh and if Charlie felt he was burned... now he knows what it's like when he burns his team mates...

Was a factor in our good run last year, ran out of puff towards the end of our season.
This year, 2 games, injured, 1 game, injured, 1 game sub, next game injured in the 1st.

Been a fan of his "cleaness" with the ball and decision making but the injuries are just too much. Him and Marchy need to make way for new blood at the end of the season.

Sucks but plenty of bodies littered along the road to greatness.

So similar to me mate, I am up and about again now. Was so depressed on Sunday, now their is no stopping us.

We must live in hope.

I think, think

If we win all remaining games we probably make top 4 on percentage.

Pretty dire situation compared to a month ago

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
I will take this situation over being anchored at the bottom of the ladder.
'Dire' isn't a word I'd use to describe playing in finals, regardless of finishing position.

We are still a young side in terms of playing finals, how many years has Brisbane been thereabouts without achieving the ultimate success?

Collingwood didn't just come from nowhere last year, they have been up there for most of the past 7 years.

We still have a way to go but if there is any year where a side can pinch a premiership it's this one. As long as we qualify for finals we are a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back