Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in …

2 Changes

IMG_0952.jpeg
MILESTONE: Nic Newman 100 Carlton Games

IMG_0953.jpeg

Really hard to see how we win this.

We have the better team, I've got no doubt about that. We just don't have the form or confidence sadly.

We're definitely down on confidence. Particularly in the way we're moving the ball. Playing like a team too afraid to make a mistake. One can only hope Voss releases the shackles on a few of them this week.

One man that is down on confidence is C.Curnow. His reading of the ball, his workrate, his contested marking. Sore perhaps, but we need a game like he produced against Gold Coast late last year.

I think we're slightly better than Hawthorn but they're playing better 'team footy' right now.

In terms of talent, the depth of genuine quality on our list is starting to look a little shallower than we perhaps thought it was mid year...ain't many who have taken their game to another level in 2024...

Last edited:
We're definitely down on confidence. Particularly in the way we're moving the ball. Playing like a team too afraid to make a mistake. One can only hope Voss releases the shackles on a few of them this week.

One man that is down on confidence is C.Curnow. His reading of the ball, his workrate, his contested marking. Sore perhaps, but we need a game like he produced against Gold Coast late last year.

I think we're slightly better than Hawthorn but they're playing better 'team footy' right now.

In terms of talent, the depth of genuine quality on our list is starting to look a little shallower than we perhaps thought it was mid year...ain't many who have taken their game to another level in 2024...
Our 'stars' need to stand up.

Harry, Charlie, Walshy need to stand up and be counted.

Weiters and Crippa doing their bit - and some!

Last edited:
Really hard to see how we win this.

We have the better team, I've got no doubt about that. We just don't have the form or confidence sadly.
Also they have wheels, something unfortunately we struggle against.

I really ride the emotional roller coaster supporting the baggers.

After out loss against the pies, I was sure the Hawks would smack us by 10 goals.

Mid week my ever optimistic nature starts to kick in. Maybe if we continue where we left off Saturday night. Play positive attacking footy, we can get the job done.

If we knock off the Hawks and get our confidence back, win the last 2, then hit the finals with form and confidence.

By Sunday my confidence will be sky high again. My brian will probabably have us flag favourites if we win. 🤣
Haha! Same. We must be on the same medication.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as i rate Matt Cottrell and Adam Cerra as players i think with them both out it will help us get back to the structure we had when we were rolling 5 weeks ago.

Exactly my thoughts. They've not impacted games since returning. They'll be back to their best next year, this year just isn't their year.

Not leading the Coleman might be the kick in the arse he needs to fire up this week.
Charlie and Harry are so overdue for serious form it's not funny anymore. They are due.

Not leading the Coleman might be the kick in the arse he needs to fire up this week.
Charlie and Harry are so overdue for serious form it's not funny anymore. They are due.
Harry and Charlie are due. Walsh is due. Pittonet is well over due. Motlop is due. As are Saad and Boyd.

Boy oh boy. Hawks are cooked. 😁

I know I've said some horrible things over the last few weeks but please get the w on Sunday Baggers.

I would say I I don't care who comes in or out because that would be a lie, but maybe our most recent injuries will be a blessing in disguise.

I dont care how we do it, or how much we win by, but please Blues, find a way to win.

Last edited:
Some have suggested this, our problem is defending stoppage and I am told that is Cameron Lord's strength, so I would select him as Cerra's replacement. Not sure if he has an AFL tank but he fits an immediate need

Not sure I want to take the chance of finding out in such a an important game. Pretty sure Voss won’t either. Lord’s time will come next season. He looks like he can play. In the meantime I’ll pin my faith in Hewett and Kennedy to get the job done. We played our best this season with both of them in the midfield unit and Cerra out injured. I wouldn’t be going away from that for the rest of the season to the point that if/when Cerra comes back this year I’d only play him as the sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back