Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in …

2 Changes

IMG_0952.jpeg
MILESTONE: Nic Newman 100 Carlton Games

IMG_0953.jpeg

IMO his best spot is as a mid. Love to see him play there like he did in VFL. Tough, has a burst of leg speed and a beautiful kick. Just needs a chance

My concern is he will be pegged as a defensive role player and I reckon he is more than that
I like him as a mid in bursts. Good option to have when we want to apply pressure and lock it in at stoppage. I wouldn't be playing him as a full time onballer though.

the use of ceratin words is not appropriate in any context
Perhaps not here per site rules but in broader society it's still an acceptable utilisation of the word, so I could see their confusion as to it being censored.

Also I'm not sure that rule is applicable to that post? It wasn't used as an insult or in generally pest like behaviour

Last edited:
No disrespect but I don't get that. Players seem to be pigeon holed especially when not drafted or come through a different path. His VFL form was easily as good as a Jai Newcombe. I look at Shaun Mannagh the same. Sam Durham another one. Go back to Michael Barlow. Given them a go. It's amazing how they step up when provided with the opportunity and if it works he brings things we need.
I don't say it due to pigeon holing, but rather his performances prior to this role shift and after. He's played way better since that. He was an ok, bottom 4 of the 22 medium/small defender but since tagging his games gone to another level.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in the VFL on ball to see what it looks like but I think he'd get a little lost, he does at AFL level with no run with role so maybe he can develop in the 2s but I haven't seen anything to show me otherwise yet.

I don't say it due to pigeon holing, but rather his performances prior to this role shift and after. He's played way better since that. He was an ok, bottom 4 of the 22 medium/small defender but since tagging his games gone to another level.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in the VFL on ball to see what it looks like but I think he'd get a little lost, he does at AFL level with no run with role so maybe he can develop in the 2s but I haven't seen anything to show me otherwise yet.

He’s played a lot in the middle at VFL level and done very well

Having been to a lot of VFL over last 4-5 years the times what he did was very very good. He’s that type that is clean and not flashy. Does the simple things well

No one knows until it’s tried. It’s easy to focus on why not

Last edited:
I like him as a mid in bursts. Good option to have when we want to apply pressure and lock it in at stoppage. I wouldn't be playing him as a full time onballer though.

Played most of his games at HB in the VFL, spent some time in the middle at AFL level, but not going to play as a starting mid in any side

Voss has tweaked some of the player's positions, but our form, good or bad, is not based on having to make changes to where players line up

Perhaps not here per site rules but in broader society it's still an acceptable utilisation of the word, so I could see their confusion as to it being censored.

Also I'm not sure that rule is applicable to that post? It wasn't used as an insult or in generally pest like behaviour

Use of certain words is not appropriate or permissible in any context through the entire site and is not up for discussion.

Nothing more to add Coops.

I thought the censorship of the 'insulting word' was funny, just an example of how some people react to harmless phrases in our spoken language.
I now see that is written in the bigfooty book of rules.

I don't attempt to insult any poster, that would be vindictive and childish. Everyone here is equal to me.

I agree it wasn't used to insult, and I agree that the meaning was originally different to the pejorative term. However the pejorative term stemmed from the original medical definition and they are linked in meaning and origin. What was fine, has become not fine because of the association.

I agree it wasn't used to insult, and I agree that the meaning was originally different to the pejorative term. However the pejorative term stemmed from the original medical definition and they are linked in meaning and origin. What was fine, has become not fine because of the association.
The word can mean to hinder or impede, which was the context in which it was used.

What has that got to do with a medical definition?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The word can mean to hinder or impede, which was the context in which it was used.

What has that got to do with a medical definition?

Because medically it was adopted to mean delay or hold back in an intellectual sense. The insult came from there.

The two uses actually mean the same thing.

Personally, I'm all for language being used in its proper usage. In this case, the non-medical usage is so infrequently used, the blanket filtering of it shouldn't make a difference, aside from having a semantic argument. It's probably just as easy to use the words hinder or impede, isn't it?

I'm just expressing my understanding of the sentiment here, while also saying it's not a big deal, and not worthy of a debate.

Because medically it was adopted to mean delay or hold back in an intellectual sense. The insult came from there.

The two uses actually mean the same thing.

Personally, I'm all for language being used in its proper usage. In this case, the non-medical usage is so infrequently used, the blanket filtering of it shouldn't make a difference, aside from having a semantic argument. It's probably just as easy to use the words hinder or impede, isn't it?

I'm just expressing my understanding of the sentiment here, while also saying it's not a big deal, and not worthy of a debate.
The verb is fine. The use as a noun is what is not acceptable.

To "******" a midfielder's ability to rack up possessions, is still totally accepted use.

I understand the filter can't distinguish the difference, but the poster had done absolutely nothing wrong.

The verb is fine. The use as a noun is what is not acceptable.

To "******" a midfielder's ability to rack up possessions, is still totally accepted use.

I understand the filter can't distinguish the difference, but the poster had done absolutely nothing wrong.

And nobody accused the poster of doing anything wrong. They questioned whether they had been censored and it was explained the filter picks it up, and it was further explained that the blanket filtering is not a big deal. We can get by without it.

Exactly my thoughts. They've not impacted games since returning. They'll be back to their best next year, this year just isn't their year.
They played in none of the 5 wins in a row before the collapse, won’t miss them at all. We never seem to fire when all 5 best mids in the same team

Final crack at this before teams. Not expecting them to do 2 or 3 of these moves, but they really should:

OUT: Cottrell (inj), Cerra (inj), Owies (soreness), Pittonet (omit), Boyd (soreness)
IN: Wilson, Carroll, Williams, Mirkov, Cowan

Sub: O.Hollands

Back in the players for a turn-around, we were so close to a win.

OUT: Cerra, Cottrell
IN: Williams, Binns

It's time to give Binns another chance, we need his run

Back in the players for a turn-around, we were so close to a win.

OUT: Cerra, Cottrell
IN: Williams, Binns

It's time to give Binns another chance, we need his run

I’d love to for Binns to happen (or Lord) but I just can’t see it

I think it will be Williams and Carroll because that’s how we roll

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back