Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in …

2 Changes

IMG_0952.jpeg
MILESTONE: Nic Newman 100 Carlton Games

IMG_0953.jpeg

Would it be a bit far fetch(specially since he’s only possibly back from a hamstring) to give Williams few minute stints through the middle at times?

IMO where not frequently enough rotating quicker players through there.
Need to up this aspect, a bit of a different look/tonic to it.

Rotate fog/mots/lij/cinc maybe Williams and Cowan if he plays ect

I would love, love, love to see Billy Wilson come in as a half back/rotating wing type. He has endurance and pace. This is needed.

I think we have been figured out well and truly. A team vulnerable to pressure and leg speed. Surprised it took this long. not sure we win this one either. Hawthorn are playing fairly well. We need to be a lot better than we have been that is for sure. Team is gradually improving but the results aren't coming yet. It will be the same old garbage. Midfield too slow. Midfield doesn't apply pressure and tackle. Defenders and forwards get a raw deal because of it.

Kemp Weitering Newman
Saad McGovern Boyd
Acres Cripps Hollands
Owies Curnow Williams
Martin McKay Motlop
Pittonet Walsh Hewett
Fogarty Hollands Cincotta Cowan
Kennedy

IN: Williams Cowan

OUT: Cerra Cottrell

I feel like the forward line is pretty strong so that is a positive. The backline is ok. I'd be throwing Hollands and Cincotta into the middle quite a lot and Fogarty a little as well but that won't happen because Voss is rubbish when it comes to coordination good midfield rotations.

This will likely be another close game. Players need to take the game on and play with plenty of effort and energy. Lose this then making finals will likely come down to luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we have been figured out well and truly. A team vulnerable to pressure and leg speed. Surprised it took this long. not sure we win this one either. Hawthorn are playing fairly well. We need to be a lot better than we have been that is for sure. Team is gradually improving but the results aren't coming yet. It will be the same old garbage. Midfield too slow. Midfield doesn't apply pressure and tackle. Defenders and forwards get a raw deal because of it.

Kemp Weitering Newman
Saad McGovern Boyd
Acres Cripps Hollands
Owies Curnow Williams
Martin McKay Motlop
Pittonet Walsh Hewett
Fogarty Hollands Cincotta Cowan
Kennedy

IN: Williams Cowan

OUT: Cerra Cottrell

I feel like the forward line is pretty strong so that is a positive. The backline is ok. I'd be throwing Hollands and Cincotta into the middle quite a lot and Fogarty a little as well but that won't happen because Voss is rubbish when it comes to coordination good midfield rotations.

This will likely be another close game. Players need to take the game on and play with plenty of effort and energy. Lose this then making finals will likely come down to luck.
we don't deserve it if we don't make it. questions will be asked

I'm just happy that BF Carlton Bord has NOTHING to do with team selection - bar a few who have a clue. 😂 😂

Isn't that the same as saying that you agree with those who share your opinion?

Let people speculate.

I'm just happy that BF Carlton Bord has NOTHING to do with team selection - bar a few who have a clue. 😂 😂
I mean, they ring me each week, but I tell them, 'look mate...it's your gig. Sure I could do it better, ...but it's up to you.'
😎

Isn't that the same as saying that you agree with those who share your opinion?

Let people speculate.
I've fully embraced the let people speculate thing - flies against my nature and my profession - but this is a footy discussion forum - not life or death or money. It helped me to realise that people rarely change their minds about their own views- irrespective of inconveniences like facts.

I've fully embraced the let people speculate thing - flies against my nature and my profession - but this is a footy discussion forum - not life or death or money. It helped me to realise that people rarely change their minds about their own views- irrespective of inconveniences like facts.

I watch Pommy's selection table on youtube each week, and there are some conservative and some wildly speculative selections. All of those blokes are very good at their analysis, and they know the reality that the club won't take any left of centre selections, but they explain their selections very well, and while I may not always agree, I appreciate that they are willing to try something to change the fortunes of a misfiring team.

None of us are selectors in real life. None of us can claim to have a clue over others, unless those decisions have been tried and failed.

You're right, nobody (almost nobody) changes their minds, on all sides of a discussion. I wish more would, and I wish more would concede where they misread a situation.

Last edited:
We are really struggling with tall defenders

Durdin and Marchbank injuries, Young lacking aggression and Kemp struggling to play on different types, WHE even got a hold of him

We really need to address tall defenders

He (Kemp) gives away height to the KPFs and isn’t agile enough for the mid-sized guys like WHE. Each week he’s the one the opposition try to play through. It’s a shame because if we didn’t have a lack of viable defensive options, I think we would throw him forward where I believe he’d be much better. His natural game is to fly for the mark, not spoil. Screams forward to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back