Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

2 picks inside the top 5 ?? Yeah that won't happen.
Of course it won't, because we won't do what is necessary to make it happen.

Tell me, if we were prepared to give up a future first for Luko, why shouldn't we be prepared to utilise it to get another top 5-10 pick in a midfield heavy draft? Giving up Rash might be a risk, but you've got to give something to get something. We need star power mids. This draft has them.

But nah, let's get distracted by shiny trades for middle tier players and call it a win...

Sometimes I wonder whether people forget we recruited Dawson and Rankine recently. Two elite players.

Hinge also a very astute pick up.

We've got lots of issues, imo recent recruiting (not including drafting) is low in the list.
Its still an issue, just not the biggest one

Of course it won't, because we won't do what is necessary to make it happen.

Tell me, if we were prepared to give up a future first for Luko, why shouldn't we be prepared to utilise it to get another top 5-10 pick in a midfield heavy draft? Giving up Rash might be a risk, but you've got to give something to get something. We need star power mids. This draft has them.

But nah, let's get distracted by shiny trades for middle tier players and call it a win...
Clubs rarely give up a top 5 pick, particularly in a stacked draft, that's probably the biggest thing.

The clubs that have them, with the possible exception of North Melbourne are looking for what we are.

I'd say another pick inside 10 is achievable, pick trading is something we havent been shy to do

Clubs rarely give up a top 5 pick, particularly in a stacked draft, that's probably the biggest thing.

The clubs that have them, with the possible exception of North Melbourne are looking for what we are.

I'd say another pick inside 10 is achievable, pick trading is something we havent been shy to do
I think Gold Coast would be the willing partner. Hardwick wants a quick turn around and they have some academy stuff going on, so would be open to a player and a future pick for their #6 .

It would seem as if Clarry plays his best footy on the not so straight and narrow, would nicks even allow that
Nicks knows full well if we fail next year he is done
Clarry brings elite midfield qualities - exactly what we need more of

Nicks is a stubborn prick but in this instance he would have to swallow his pride and let Burgo and co. work with Oliver

Nicks is a stubborn prick but in this instance he would have to swallow his pride and let Burgo and co. work with Oliver
Is this Clarry information you’ve got or just sharing your thoughts

Is this Clarry information you’ve got or just sharing your thoughts
My thoughts, but taking into account some of the things I have been told to get to that point
Am I certain we will go for Clarry ? NO

but I am confident from the bits of info I have been told it is more likely than not
But in no way guaranteed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Gold Coast would be the willing partner. Hardwick wants a quick turn around and they have some academy stuff going on, so would be open to a player and a future pick for their #6 .
Especially if they believe a bid might come for their academy lad before that pick. Saints the other if they get pick 8 for Battle.

not getting Lukosius is not a bad thing. Although his elite kicking to our forward line would old be a bonus. I just don’t know how port are going to afford him?
In before Luko and GC first rounder for pick 35.

What I saw of Oliver in 2024 was anything but an elite footballer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back