Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• Free agency lodgements for Cumming to Adelaide and Himmelberg to Gold Coast will go through tomorrow (link)
  • James Peatling has chosen Adelaide (link)

Last edited:
Why hasn't anyone fired up the PlayStation yet?

Pick 25 and F3 to GWS for Peatling and 38.

F2 to Melbourne for ANB.

38, 42 and 60 to GCS for 26 and 74 (which we don't use).

Take 26 to the draft.

Cumming, ANB, Peatling, Pick 4, Pick 26 and Welsh.

Throw in some other off field improvements, and it's a great offseason.

I fully expect to find out Gold membership has been exhausted by tomorrow morning. The lid has blown off.
Not gonna lie, legit had a dream last night where we won every game next year including the GF and when I woke up my first thought was..... Should I upgrade to Gold?

Pretty sure I cried in my dream when Tex got his Premiership medal and he grabbed the mic and said something ridiculous. But then I realised I had just played the happier ending to 2017 and it wasn't some future premonition.

Why hasn't anyone fired up the PlayStation yet?

Pick 25 and F3 to GWS for Peatling and 38.

F2 to Melbourne for ANB.

38, 42 and 60 to GCS for 26 and 74 (which we don't use).

Take 26 to the draft.

Cumming, ANB, Peatling, Pick 4, Pick 26 and Welsh.

Throw in some other off field improvements, and it's a great offseason.
Where are we getting the extra list spot from? And I think 25 for Peatling is very slight unders, so if anything the later pick swaps should be in their favour.

So far I've been on the mark ... compared to your negative twattle .....at least do some research

Your opinions are generally way off the mark, in fact, most I don't bother reading .....I think you just like to be part of the cool group
Gees Wayne this type of posting really adds to the quality of the board, hand in your Mod title so half the board can put you on ignore. You’re a hypocritical flog

Where are we getting the extra list spot from? And I think 25 for Peatling is very slight unders, so if anything the later pick swaps should be in their favour.
We can easily make room for six.

Cut Elliot Himmelberg, Rory Sloane, Chris Burgess, Lachlan Gollant and Ned McHenry and move someone contracted for 2025 (like Brodie Smith) to the rookie list.

Meanwhile Hinkley is on 5AA and the Port board is going into meltdown.
How dumb are they thinking Hinkley getting sacked when finishing second, or the bloke is walking away from an $800k plus year salary.

The kicker will be when they make Finals next year and he extracts another $1.6m plus for 2026/27 when he forces his make Finals auto extension clause.

Koch will start talking about waiting till August to make the decision on Ken next year. That is because by August you know if you make Finals or not.

Last edited:
This has come about in such a strange way.
I've watched Peatling and thought, looks a nice player, wouldn't mind someone like him at the club. Not very known but has something. Nek minnit.
Had the exact same thoughts watching the Giants this year! Kept wondering how they have managed to unearth another gem in the midfield. Took particular notice of him after the media hype he got with that match saving mark against the Saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The flexibility at our disposal now is enormous .....most sides are simply 2-3 players away from average to good

We were good last year, our ladder % supports that POV ....just injuries unbalanced us, and we had to play too much inexperience

We won't have that problem in 2025 ......but the last week, has spelt the end of AFL careers for some of our players, still holding onto some hope

Talk about competition for spots next year
What about the coach going rogue bonkers?

15th and we were good 🤣🤣🤣🤣

How about when we played the bottom team at home who also had injuries and came off a 5 day break and you claimed injuries and a 5 day break as an excuse 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Are you going to pick up Wayne for his response to 1990?
Wayne's immune because he's a mod.
I took criticism with a statement he made.
Instead of responding about my counterfact, he decided to suggest my entire bigfooty posting history is worthless and incorrect, and go personal.

Deserves a ban in my book.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back