Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• Free agency lodgements for Cumming to Adelaide and Himmelberg to Gold Coast will go through tomorrow (link)
  • James Peatling has chosen Adelaide (link)

Last edited:
Gang, I need some help.
I have this feeling. It’s like an impending sense of doom, but…the opposite.
I don’t think I’ve felt this for a long time. I’m not sure what to do!
All help appreciated

Yep took me a while to convince people it was happening but had it from 3 good sources including Peatling camp and the club

Actually wasn’t sure he would choose us but it does make sense re money and on/ off field opportunities as well as Jenny’s source re partners
When you think about it, we probably have Tex to thank for both players.

People keep saying port are no chance to get in ahead of us this draft. North hold pick 2 and might part with that to get him
North aren't giving up 2 for Houston.

They might try and swap 2 for 6 and 12.

Maybe they give 6.

Maybe they give 12 and 22.

If I was North I'd give pick 6 and then take the best available key forwards/backs with pick 12 and 22.

Seems like everyone wants to come to this debacle of a football club 😉

* we have lots of work to do
It's a great effort by the list management team. The three players who have chosen us all have finals experience too, which can only be a good thing.

If his objective is to break his Contract to get back to Melbourne .....he doesn't get to choose the Club in VIC

He has no voice in the matter, it's Port that have to be satisfied
What?

It's not like they can just trade him without his agreement.

If he doesn't want to go to North, then who cares if they're offering Port the best deal. It doesn't matter.

Seems like everyone wants to come to this debacle of a football club 😉

* we have lots of work to do
Unfathionable isn't it .....I mean the RICH guys held off nominating WCE until the Coach was announced

Yet players chose us, knowing the Coach, and the success forthcoming

Even Jords agree's with me regarding the injuries last season

1727946881789.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What?

It's not like they can just trade him without his agreement.

If he doesn't want to go to North, then who cares if they're offering Port the best deal. It doesn't matter.
No they can't ......but Houston has said he's happy to stay at PORT ......but would like to go back to Melbourne

The landscape has changed ....the old, if a player nominates a club, then mark it down, it'll get done ....isn't going to be copped by Clubs .....hence why they've embarked on long Contracts

If it's Victoria he truly wants to get too .....PORT has the right AND will protect their interests .....stay at Port or go to a club who can satisfy us ......just watch it play out

1727947363949.png

Because not all of us accept mediocrity.
Just quietly, it doesn't matter a jot what you post on Bigfooty or whether you accept it or not. Doesn't change a thing.

Never underestimate Adelaide's ability to do something catastrophically stupid when we're being aggressive.

Though I do think it's likely we will, but who knows, Reid and Hamish might trade down for a 2025 first.
I don't think it's that we do remarkably stupid things - it's that we miss out on the small things that other clubs get right. Things like the right coaching panel, or get the clubrooms moving quickly. We're conservative more than we're stupid.

I don't think it's that we do remarkably stupid things - it's that we miss out on the small things that other clubs get right. Things like the right coaching panel, or get the clubrooms moving quickly. We're conservative more than we're stupid.

We've had more 'remarkably stupid' events in the last two decades than most clubs though.

Or not deleting emails, playing an injured player as sub, extending an underperforming coach before we’ve seen the year unfold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back