Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• Free agency lodgements for Cumming to Adelaide and Himmelberg to Gold Coast will go through tomorrow (link)
  • James Peatling has chosen Adelaide (link)

Last edited:
dodgeball boobies GIF
Something I wish I hadn’t see

Why hasn't anyone fired up the PlayStation yet?

Pick 25 and F3 to GWS for Peatling and 38.

F2 to Melbourne for ANB.

38, 42 and 60 to GCS for 26 and 74 (which we don't use).

Take 26 to the draft.

Cumming, ANB, Peatling, Pick 4, Pick 26 and Welsh.

Throw in some other off field improvements, and it's a great offseason.
How are you going to pay for Welsh, especially if someone tries to screw us?

The other thing is cash …. North could back end a huge deal

If they land a couple more decent trades they could play finals from 2026 onwards ( likely 2027)
I get that .. but north seems to have a bare cupboard when it comes to kpp players apart from Larkey

How are you going to pay for Welsh, especially if someone tries to screw us?
We can use points from next year, if we need.

He seems unlikely to go in the first 40 picks, so that might even make sense. No point moving things around to get lots of points in this year's draft and then not needing them.

Also, if he goes too early - then I guess he goes. We shouldn't pay more than we think he's worth.

He seems unlikely to go in the first 40 picks, so that might even make sense. No point moving things around to get lots of points in this year's draft and then not needing them.

Also, if he goes too early - then I guess he goes. We shouldn't pay more than we think he's worth.
That would diminish our first next year.

Surely you don’t want to use points for next year if we still have our F1

The other thing is cash …. North could back end a huge deal

If they land a couple more decent trades they could play finals from 2026 onwards ( likely 2027)
If true, COLL is chasing #12 .....it seems they also have an interest in Houston

Do we assume now, both our 2nd round picks are gone for 2024 & 2025 .....or do you think we'll try and hold #25 and use the F1 & F2 next year, with a pick coming back .....in other words almost trade out of next years Draft ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If true, COLL is chasing #12 .....it seems they also have an interest in Houston

Do we assume now, both our 2nd round picks are gone for 2024 & 2025 .....or do you think we'll try and hold #25 and use the F1 & F2 next year, with a pick coming back .....in other words almost trade out of next years Draft ?
If we trade our F1 pick, we can't also trade our F2 (or F3) pick.

If we trade our F1 pick, we can't also trade our F2 (or F3) pick.
We'd have to get a pick 2 back then as part of trade scenarios .....but hold #25 this year ....I'm sure there's a way

it was Reids biggest stuff up. Sloane had shown he couldnt handle the tag BEFORE the contract was handed out. I think there would have been pressure not to lose more interstate talent after Danger, Lever, CC, MM etc all left within short amt of time and Rory leveraged this

You genuinely reckon Reid was solely responsible for that call? You do realise that these decisions are made at a committee level and also subject to overule by the board. Reid just executes the will of the majority. Roo, Pyke, Burton, Fagan and Reid were the key votes on list management when Sloane was extended. Isolating Reid as a sole arbiter is a simplistic take.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back