Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 11

• Poster claims we are attempting to lure Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, maybe in 2025 (link)
  • Tom Morris claims we will do the Peatling deal for pick 46 and a future 2nd provided there are other late pick swaps (link)

Last edited:

I remember the time I was roasted by a teacher in front of the whole class. I remember the words the teacher said, where I was sitting, the face on the other kids s******ing as I was getting in trouble, and I was only about 9 years old, so 31 years ago. It stuck with me.

I don't remember specifics about any of the times a teacher pulled me aside and gave me a low voiced, calm talking to in the corridor, or the 1 on 1 open discussions about acting out in class and my feelings around that acting out. Nothing.

Perhaps this will be the tough love Rachele needs...

These days we are a soft as marshmallow society trying to educate and sculpt kids with little to no consequence for wrong doings. Crouching down to a kids level to appear as an equal while saying "now jeremy, you know you shouldn't elbow your brother in the face, that's a B choice" is a load of back and forth motion of the hand on the penis. So now we have 12 year olds stealing cars, and like I watched last night, a young female adult thinking it is OK to threaten to stab 3 police officers on North Terrace while the police did nothing about it. In some countries that would earn you a baton smack across the face.

I'm ok with Nicks giving Rachele a little old school treatment, if Rash can dish it out publicly then I'm sure he can take it publicly as well.
And senior players giving it to him whose own form and effort should be questioned?

I remember the time I was roasted by a teacher in front of the whole class. I remember the words the teacher said, where I was sitting, the face on the other kids s******ing as I was getting in trouble, and I was only about 9 years old, so 31 years ago. It stuck with me.

I don't remember specifics about any of the times a teacher pulled me aside and gave me a low voiced, calm talking to in the corridor, or the 1 on 1 open discussions about acting out in class and my feelings around that acting out. Nothing.

Perhaps this will be the tough love Rachele needs...

These days we are a soft as marshmallow society trying to educate and sculpt kids with little to no consequence for wrong doings. Crouching down to a kids level to appear as an equal while saying "now jeremy, you know you shouldn't elbow your brother in the face, that's a B choice" is a load of back and forth motion of the hand on the penis. So now we have 12 year olds stealing cars, and like I watched last night, a young female adult thinking it is OK to threaten to stab 3 police officers on North Terrace while the police did nothing about it. In some countries that would earn you a baton smack across the face.

I'm ok with Nicks giving Rachele a little old school treatment, if Rash can dish it out publicly then I'm sure he can take it publicly as well.
heck I know I'm getting old when someone my age is giving a 'kids these days' rant.

What did you do? That’s what I wanna know.

**** yeah! Finally a bit of spice to the trade period, Hawks completely ****ing over the Eagles in their pursuit of Baker. Decent chance that Freo offer up 3 first round picks for Baker and Bolton now, while the Eagles keep Barrass. Would put the Eagles firmly in pole position to get Warner next year though as Freo just won't have the picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mail: Crows are trying to pry Wanganeen-Milera out of Saints. More likely laying groundwork for '25 but from what I hear it's active.
I reckon someone else mentioned on here a while back that we are firmly in the conversation to get him in 2025, so good to hear that we are already laying the groundwork.

Mail: Crows are trying to pry Wanganeen-Milera out of Saints. More likely laying groundwork for '25 but from what I hear it's active.
Happy Pumped Up GIF by Universal Pictures Home Entertainment

**** yeah! Finally a bit of spice to the trade period, Hawks completely ****ing over the Eagles in their pursuit of Baker. Decent chance that Freo offer up 3 first round picks for Baker and Bolton now, while the Eagles keep Barrass. Would put the Eagles firmly in pole position to get Warner next year though as Freo just won't have the picks.
Baker is a decent player but can't help but feel he's being overrated a bit.

Baker is a decent player but can't help but feel he's being overrated a bit.
I don't think so, would love him at the Crows. Very good leader, good kick on both sides, hard as nails and can hit the scoreboard frequently. Freo are in dire need of quality in that half forward/mid position (they've continued to play a cooked Walters), landing both Bolton and Baker would be huge.

Not if North really want him, reportedly have upped their offer recently. If that happen then Lukosius would need to be F2 + pick 36.

They can offer what they like, but Port won't be getting Pick 2.

If North were serious they would try and split Pick 2 into 2 first round picks with Freo or GWS and keep one pick and trade the other to Port.

No way would North ever contemplate give Pick 2 for Houston, it would be sheer lunacy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back