Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 11

• Poster claims we are attempting to lure Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, maybe in 2025 (link)
  • Tom Morris claims we will do the Peatling deal for pick 46 and a future 2nd provided there are other late pick swaps (link)

Rumor summary October 13

• Tom Morris suggests we have offered a trade involving a swap of future 2nds for Peatling (link)

Last edited:
Dimma made noises in the season that the GC football club needed to grow up and toughen up - it’s no superseded that he is pushing out two bruise free footballers in Luko and Rat

Port have also been accused of having a soft underbelly and not being tough enough for long enough against the better teams

There solution- to bring in the soft players that Dimma is pushing out

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
You realise we went for Luko and he knocked us back for Port? What’s your opinion on us going for such a player?

You realise we went for Luko and he knocked us back for Port? What’s your opinion on us going for such a player?

Same - reminds me to much of Jack Watts

He will play well if the team is playing well but he won’t turn a game against the tide

Luko turning us down will be bit of a blessing - we have role coverage with the position he plays and it opened the door for us to chase Peatling

Port getting two soft players in Luko and Atkins.

Hilarious.
Power completely rogered:

• less than hoped for Houston with pick 13 (will become 15-17) and then speccy picks
  • more than they wanted to give up for Luko (first rounder)
  • getting RAT is the funniest thing
  • taking 1.6m of committed salary
  • and to top it off they can’t get rid of Soldo

This is the worst trading day for a decade for Power if this materialises. Losing on EVERY front

Will be in the minority, but I wouldn't mind the RAT back at Adelaide. Admittedly I remember how well he did in 2017 and was a very different to our slow midfield of Crouch X 2, Sloane and Greenwood.

If we have to pay zero salary and get an asset - bring him home.

I always liked him, except for the watching players run straight past him bit. But we have no flexibility whatsoever.

Its a tricky one.

Too many people try and look at trades as who won the trade - when both parties can win depending on their list and current situation.

A Future draft pick from Port to Gold Coast is a massive win for both teams. Port is top 4 and wants bang for their buck, so Pick 13 is far more valuable to them. Gold Coast have a plethora of young draft picks and have a bunch of kids they want in 2025 so they are trying to attain future assets to get their points up.

The simpletons try and look at Pick 13 for a F1 without looking at the respective list situations,
Power are 10th fave for flag next year. That’s the key issue you are not factoring in

• less than hoped for Houston with pick 13 (will become 15-17) and then speccy picks

This is the worst trading day for a decade for Power if this materialises. Losing on EVERY front
That's the way I see it but they have shiny new toys so they'll be able to sell it.

Sent from my SM-T220 using Tapatalk

The saltiness on the Port board (and below) is pleasant Monday night reading.

• less than hoped for Houston with pick 13 (will become 15-17) and then speedy picks

Losing out on Perryman so they were able to offer Lukosius a very big contract after being smashed by Sydney which meant they had no bargaining power in the trade, even GCS mentioned this and was confident they would get a F1 and then had to take on Atkins was a sweetener for GCS giving up pick 13 to Collingwood for Noble who on trade it to them for Houston.

That media grab does not mention Power's F1.
wachoo talking bout' willis

nah you got it wrong its 2.2 of committed salary
Rat 400
Luko 1.8M

Ummm I really like Rory Atkins and I do think he is cream on a cake type player and in 2020 cream on the cake wasn't what we needed, I reckon he's a great option for Port, he knows how to find the footy and is a good kick, yeah he can be soft at times, but port have enough tough blokes around to counter the difference.

The rat breaks lines, he's a better and more consistent player than Jones has ever been or will be
Port Magpies were tough. This iteration is the SOFTEST team in the league

• Captain softness
  • Luko
  • Finlayson
  • Burgoyne ridiculed by Power fans for being soft
  • Ratkins
  • BZT is embarrassingly soft in contests
  • serious question marks on Farrell and Burton
  • Narkle and other soft small forwards

Mark my words this is the SOFTEST team in the league. No question

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The saltiness on the Port board (and below) is pleasant Monday night reading.

Was not expecting this.

Port were expecting a swathe of picks for Houston but are trading out quality for quantity.

It's no wonder every Port fan i have read commenting on this trade hates it.

Atkins is the cherry on top lol.

Pies get in a gun player for not much.

Suns salary dump without paying a premium.

Was not expecting this.

Port were expecting a swathe of picks for Houston but are trading out quality for quantity.

It's no wonder every Port fan i have read commenting on this trade hates it.

Atkins is the cherry on top lol.

Pies get in a gun player for not much.

Suns salary dump without paying a premium.

Its irony is once Houston said no to us there bargaining power diminished magnificiently.

There are a few boys in the SANFL I would pick before Atkins.

On a side note Adelaide have done well this trade period, it seems no one will bid on young Welsh which is surprising.

Where it stands right now - Richmond will get more for Rioli, than Port will get for Houston who is a dual AA

That’s going to piss if their supporters

There will be a Sack Cripps thread

If that rumoured GC deal is true, thats a disgrace and should be investigated by the AFL.

I don't know who Joe Richards is, but I'm sure Port can point out they got a player they wanted and only lost a player that wanted to leave ?

I assume Collingwood end up happy losing a player and getting a player in return.
Collingwood massively upgrade Noble with Houston.

Perryman is far more proven than Richards.

Pies will be stronger & lost a F1 they were going to trade out because of father son picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back