Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)

Last edited:
What's the evidence he's banged up physically? He had the dual shoulder recos in 2018 and hasn't had an operation on them since - at least that I could find.

Had a few hamstring issues and a broken hand - nothing that seem long term issues/something he cannot get back to his best with.

I cannot comment on his mental state however I guess if Melbourne do trade him, it feels like they're happy to bank on him not getting back to his best which is probably the biggest concern for mine.

That said, still interested myself - depending on what it costs.
I seem to recall he he had a seriously bad infected foot at one point ...it was reported "öfficially" to be from a blister but that wasn't the story doing the rounds? It was widely known it was self inflicted from a self attempt at a tattoo. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer is Clayton.

If Danger wasn't with Mardi I have no doubt he would have stayed the extra two years at the AFC.

GF and Wives do hold considerable weight when make a decision as big as this.
Much bigger than most in here realise.

If that mail from Kymbo is true and Peatling wants to announce tomorrow instead of the B&F tonight, that doesn’t sound like someone staying. If the club you’re at wants you to announce it at the B&F, I can’t see why this would be an issue if you were actually staying.
To be fair, they've only upped the offer to him today, which has likely been countered. He's got things to consider. This is a big decision to uproot himself from family and friends, but it's about securing a good future.

What's the evidence he's banged up physically? He had the dual shoulder recos in 2018 and hasn't had an operation on them since - at least that I could find.

Had a few hamstring issues and a broken hand - nothing that seem long term issues/something he cannot get back to his best with.

I cannot comment on his mental state however I guess if Melbourne do trade him, it feels like they're happy to bank on him not getting back to his best which is probably the biggest concern for mine.

That said, still interested myself - depending on what it costs.
I'd love to know if he's spoken directly to D.Burgess lately.
You'd have to think he may hold the key to unlocking his past greatness.. wherever his locker may be.

To be fair, they've only upped the offer to him today, which has likely been countered. He's got things to consider. This is a big decision to uproot himself from family and friends, but it's about securing a good future.
The Giants supposedly wanting him to rush his decision and announce today doesn’t sound like a club very hopeful of him staying, especially if his mind was already made up and he had mentally prepared for tonight to be a farewell to teammates and club staff.

You save a lot more cash living in Adelaide. And have an extra 8 hours a week of your life back from less traffic.

Now let's just hope both Cumming and Peatling make an impact. They both have amazing upside but are yet to show it consistently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Erm, Jennys question regarding our 2 GF sides was “Spot the Murphy“ so that IS the point. It’s your clear misunderstanding that’s broadened the context.

FYI, I don’t disagree with your subsequent assertions but they are totally irrelevant to the question Jenny posed and my answer. It’s not that hard surely.

And that's the point being refuted. The players you quoted AREN'T Murphy's at all. They all played less than 40 games over 2-3 seasons and were churned, we've locked Murphy in for 100-150 games instead of moving 4-5 players through that role. No different to Mackay playing nearly 250 games at the club, he should have been moved on years prior but instead we gave all those games to a player selected in the bottom couple of the 22. If that's your ceiling, you shouldn't last beyond 20-30 games and a couple of years. Dowling can provide no less than Murphy after one season in the 2s. If he isn't projecting upwards at the desired rate, he gets churned too.

I agree, any one who's been offered a role in a different state needs time to discuss with their family, I feel a little bad for him if clubs and Media are putting pressure on him to make a decision. Peatling needs to think what's best for himself and his family.

And that's the point being refuted. The players you quoted AREN'T Murphy's at all. They all played less than 40 games over 2-3 seasons and were churned, we've locked Murphy in for 100-150 games instead of moving 4-5 players through that role. No different to Mackay playing nearly 250 games at the club, he should have been moved on years prior but instead we gave all those games to a player selected in the bottom couple of the 22. If that's your ceiling, you shouldn't last beyond 20-30 games and a couple of years. Dowling can provide no less than Murphy after one season in the 2s. If he isn't projecting upwards at the desired rate, he gets churned too.
Yeah, look it's a fair point. But most sides do have ordinary players. That our ordinary players last a lot longer than others is indicative of - I'm not sure what, because more than one coach continued to select them.

Here is what happened

GWS " James..we really want you to stay, we have upped our offer to 4 years and thrown in a bit more cash"
James " Oh great, I really like it here and want to stay and this is really swaying me in light of the other offers coming in"
GWS " excellent news..why don't you go home to tell your girlfriend you are staying"
James " Wait..what..!!!..I forgot about her, she is going to kill me when I tell her..."
James' girlfriend " I have already found a place in Tennyson on the beach in Adelaide where I will be right near my BF (Cummings partner), did you tell GWS you are leaving?"
James " Yeah about that..."

Screaming and domestic violence ensues

Tomorrow morning
James (sporting bruises and a high heeled shoe wrapped around his head) "about what I told you yesterday...it aint happening I am a crow now"
''GWS threatened and beat up Peatling to try and make him stay and told me to have an abortion!! ''

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back