Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• No new rumors

Last edited:
So does that pretty much blow us out of the water? Hard to see him uprooting himself and leaving Melbourne if he can stay there and land a gig like that?
One would think yes and the article says that he has CEO ambitions so it seems to be linin gup nicely. Depends if he wants to wait the year out as a 2IC type but in saying this that is essentially what he would be doing with us but having to shift to SA more than likely.

One would think yes and the article says that he has CEO ambitions so it seems to be linin gup nicely. Depends if he wants to wait the year out as a 2IC type but in saying this that is essentially what he would be doing with us but having to shift to SA more than likely.
So people who are good at their jobs want promotions, not sideways moves? Interesting.

In fairness to George, the AFC has a reasonable history of shit appointments over the last decade. He may turn out OK but the past does not give a lot of confidence.
Only a fool doubts someone before they've shown themselves in a new environment. I dont want Draper but should he land here I would reset my judgment

Alright AFC employee that's employed to watch this thread. The new coaching 2IC announcement was a bit lackluster. Could we request the Peatling announcement today to pump up the troops? Preferably by 130pm. Have a nice lunch and then get the info to us.

Please and Thankyou

F** me you've become a bitter, bitter bloke haven't you.

I've been on this forum long enough to know that you didn't used to be like this. You should consider legal action against the club for what they've done to you.
And George Kramer is a broken record .....if I've seen him post about the 4 games once, he's posted the same thing a 100 times

Good news ....he disappears in good times & wins .....somehow though, with the recruitment wins (ANB, and Cumming, and pick #4 in a Superdraft) and structural changes at the Club ....like a good journalist, he's found the doomsday slant on everything

So people who are good at their jobs want promotions, not sideways moves? Interesting.
I feel like I have unintentionally entered the argument that was happening on the other side of the room.

Settle down.

We offered deals last year to assistant coaches to replace Rahilly and no one would take our money.

There will always be issues in getting support staff to uproot their lives and come to SA.
I don't believe this is the issue ....it's become a problem since CoVid & the reduction in the soft cap ..... Clubs have been screaming out ever since, assistant coaches are well underpaid, which makes getting ex players transitioning to assistant roles or transferring interstate, more difficult

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol it's not like we're making him the club physio.

He's a career-long AFL coach becoming a director of coaching. It's the exact career path you'd want.
What do you expect his role to be

What is his brief and scope

Only a fool doubts someone before they've shown themselves in a new environment. I dont want Draper but should he land here I would reset my judgment
Kramer That's True .gif

Only a fool does not have have any doubts about an appointment well above demonstrated performance level. The guy has clearly demonstrated his assistant coaching credentials, so as Jenny says, Senior Assistant is not a huge leap from there. But Director of Coaching, if that is his appointment? Maybe they got it right and recognised his hidden talent for this position, we will see. But all of us remember the Burton appointment where the Peter Principle was clearly demonstrated.

Look I agree, but I think it’s even more foolish than you’re saying. You have actually seen Draper at his trade, and have formed an opinion. If you had never seen or heard of Draper before, and condemned the club for bringing him in, then I would dismiss your opinion.

The only thing I know about this bloke is that he oversaw Brisbanes forward line on the weekend, and I’m willing to back him in, until proven otherwise, on the strength of that.

Look I agree, but I think it’s even more foolish than you’re saying. You have actually seen Draper at his trade, and have formed an opinion. If you had never seen or heard of Draper before, and condemned the club for bringing him in, then I would dismiss your opinion.

The only thing I know about this bloke is that he oversaw Brisbanes forward line on the weekend, and I’m willing to back him in, until proven otherwise, on the strength of that.
I think this also misses the point

Yes the opinion is formed on watching Draper ie a known quantity where the next stage of his development is to play over age football

But if you make him Captain of the AFL side there will be pushback

I would like his role defined but the communication seems to be a role well above what he currently does

The ultimate troll would be Perryman coming out and saying he wanted to play for Port but heard that Ken Hinkley was locked in for 2025 so moved to a club with a chance to make a grand final instead
Which would be funny until Port play Collingwood in the 2025 finals - would play into Ken's gameplan

F** me you've become a bitter, bitter bloke haven't you.

I've been on this forum long enough to know that you didn't used to be like this. You should consider legal action against the club for what they've done to you.
lol. I reckon I should actually take legal action against posters for slander.

We are on a football forum, discussing our teams fortunes. One set of supporters see no wrong in anything we do and that’s who I was responding to, especially after a dig at me.

On the other side there are supporters who actually call it as it is and guess what, there’s a lot about this club to be negative about, so no shit I’ve come across as more negative!

But thanks for your genuine concern.

I'm amazed people are still giving the club the benefit of the doubt
I think it’s called waiting to see how it plays out given no one knows any details

Pretending to know all about it without any information could end up a bit embarrassing

A bit like going off the deep end when we drafted Soligo because no one had heard of him much

Patience

I'm amazed people are still giving the club the benefit of the doubt
Charlie Brown Football GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back