Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• Free agency lodgements for Cumming to Adelaide and Himmelberg to Gold Coast will go through tomorrow (link)
  • Gettable claiming the Peatling decision is still between three clubs (link)

Last edited:
I'm confused by this as well

We would have heard by now if any of our coaches were not being renewed . Is he replacing a coach or are we adding a development coach?

If so then I have no issue - as I have said earlier

Given the media communication its a role above Nicks - which is the role I am most concerned about
I’m definitely interested to hear re how this coaching director works and what it means

How the club sees it etc , it’s not something we’ve had before . Interesting times

Rubbish no one heard of Rahilly and we weren’t happy to get him.

Rubbish I’m disappointed because I’ve never heard of the guy, why do posters have to make up bullshit to try and win a point.

I’m disappointed that we’ve appointed an assistant coach to be our coaching director, a position that I would have thought should have been an ex-coach of an AFL team or held senior management positions at an AFL club.

It’s a bit like our appointment of Burton and Kelly, both never had suitable experience for their role and look at how they’ve turned out.
Fair enough

You’ve made your point , hopefully it works out and you’re wrong but you could well be right

Time will tell

His first press conference will give us more insight.

Hopefully he's not another "work harder, trust our systems" crowbot type.
How will a press conference tell you anything ......it's what a person does, not what he says ....or how he says it

I've had dealings with millionaires that dress & wouldn't look out of place in a front bar, smart as can be .....and conversely people dressed like kings, speaking very eloquently, who are both dumb and failures

Judging Davis on a press conference ....nah

Don't change the preferred narrative of this board...he hated being at port!! And can you blame him😆
I'm happy to slag off with the best of them, but sometimes I do have a small ounce of common sense.

Anyway when they lose Butters that will be a culture problem for sure.

I think it’s called waiting to see how it plays out given no one knows any details

Pretending to know all about it without any information could end up a bit embarrassing

A bit like going off the deep end when we drafted Soligo because no one had heard of him much

Patience
Soligo, Dangerfield over Ebert... the list goes on. Bed wetters even when we chose CC in the ROOKIE draft with people complaining 'never heard of him' despite him ultimately becoming an inspired rookie pick that ultimately gave us Fog

Fair enough

You’ve made your point , hopefully it works out and you’re wrong but you could well be right

Time will tell
And that’s the thing I’m more than happy to be wrong, because guess what? It means we’ve made a good appointment which helps us win a flag.

And for all the posters who whinge about my negativity, I’m not negative because I revel in us being shit or don’t want us to succeed, it’s the complete opposite, I’m negative because we’ve been shit and I want us to be better. I want to experience going to winning grand finals again.

But the facts are for such a big club we’ve underperformed for a long long time and then turned into a basket case with poor management running the club who despite saying the right things, really are only interested in securing enough wins to limit the noise, keep membership and sponsorship up so they can protect their own arses.

Anyway I’m done with the topic and flogs who whinge about my “negativity”, to borrow a quote from my great mate Peter Salt eat a dick ;)

I'm happy to slag off with the best of them, but sometimes I do have a small ounce of common sense.

Anyway when they lose Butters that will be a culture problem for sure.
Seems to be a train of thought that when Kern leaves Butters will be vulnerable to offers to move back home

And that’s the thing I’m more than happy to be wrong, because guess what? It means we’ve made a good appointment which helps us win a flag.

And for all the posters who whinge about my negativity, I’m not negative because I revel in us being shit or don’t want us to succeed, it’s the complete opposite, I’m negative because we’ve been shit and I want us to be better. I want to experience going to winning grand finals again.

But the facts are for such a big club we’ve underperformed for a long long time and then turned into a basket case with poor management running the club who despite saying the right things, really are only interested in securing enough wins to limit the noise, keep membership and sponsorship up so they can protect their own arses.
Yep, it’s a long way back

I'm waaay too invested in Peatling who I don't even know much about.
Wake up at 0640 and first thing I do is check this thread in hope he's announced hes joining us.
Is that too much to ask at sparrows fart the morning after the BnF?
💯..Peatling announced by noon, or close the ****ing doors!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a load of shit, George posts the same amount no matter what.
I don’t agree with him on this occasion but you need to stop making stuff up.
thats just not true mate. he has posted the EXACT same negative sentiments now dozens of times in the last 24 hours alone. Show me a thread (GBU) from a good victory this year (Power, GWS, Blues) and will guarantee 100% he does NOT post that much in positive threads

Rubbish no one heard of Rahilly and we weren’t happy to get him.

Rubbish I’m disappointed because I’ve never heard of the guy, why do posters have to make up bullshit to try and win a point.

I’m disappointed that we’ve appointed an assistant coach to be our coaching director, a position that I would have thought should have been an ex-coach of an AFL team or held senior management positions at an AFL club.

It’s a bit like our appointment of Burton and Kelly, both never had suitable experience for their role and look at how they’ve turned out.

And you know Murray wasn’t one of our leading choices, just at least be that honest.
Like the fact you have no idea IF this is the position he has been hired as or is it as senior asst NO ONE knows this until the club makes a statement but you are taking it as fact that he is the director of coaching

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Soligo, Dangerfield over Ebert... the list goes on. Bed wetters even when we chose CC in the ROOKIE draft with people complaining 'never heard of him' despite him ultimately becoming an inspired rookie pick that ultimately gave us Fog
Yep I’ve learnt from that before as have made that error

Happy to have an opinion on a player if I know the player but not when I haven’t seen them play

Feel a bit similar in this, I’ve actually never heard of the guy

thats just not true mate. he has posted the EXACT same negative sentiments now dozens of times in the last 24 hours alone. Show me a thread (GBU) from a good victory this year (Power, GWS, Blues) and will guarantee 100% he does NOT post that much in positive threads
I’ve also posted more than I do after games.
The dynamics are different, got nothing to do with disappearing after wins.
You want to talk about disappearing how about you ask Wayne to back up his claim of me making things up or that Nicks was seen as the Architect behind GWS making the grandfinal in 2019.
And claiming pick 4 in the draft is a win?!!!! Seriously?

And George Kramer is a broken record .....if I've seen him post about the 4 games once, he's posted the same thing a 100 times

Good news ....he disappears in good times & wins .....somehow though, with the recruitment wins (ANB, and Cumming, and pick #4 in a Superdraft) and structural changes at the Club ....like a good journalist, he's found the doomsday slant on everything
Wtf nah

Jeff is right, you jump off the deep end without all the facts ....it goes back to the paranoia surrounding choosing Dangerfield

Wisdom hopefully comes with maturity ....but then, I'm assuming your posts are just part of your schtick
Another example of a bullshit derogatory post and yet you whinge about the posting on here.

So, who really cares, it’s then up to the individual if they wish to engage

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back