Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• Free agency lodgements for Cumming to Adelaide and Himmelberg to Gold Coast will go through tomorrow (link)
  • Gettable claiming the Peatling decision is still between three clubs (link)

Last edited:
And that’s the thing I’m more than happy to be wrong, because guess what? It means we’ve made a good appointment which helps us win a flag.

And for all the posters who whinge about my negativity, I’m not negative because I revel in us being shit or don’t want us to succeed, it’s the complete opposite, I’m negative because we’ve been shit and I want us to be better. I want to experience going to winning grand finals again.

But the facts are for such a big club we’ve underperformed for a long long time and then turned into a basket case with poor management running the club who despite saying the right things, really are only interested in securing enough wins to limit the noise, keep membership and sponsorship up so they can protect their own arses.

Anyway I’m done with the topic and flogs who whinge about my “negativity”, to borrow a quote from my great mate Peter Salt eat a dick ;)
Based on the above...

1727915153994.png

I fear, much anger in front of you, you have...

I’ve also posted more than I do after games.
The dynamics are different, got nothing to do with disappearing after wins.
You want to talk about disappearing how about you ask Wayne to back up his claim of me making things up or that Nicks was seen as the Architect behind GWS making the grandfinal in 2019.
And claiming pick 4 in the draft is a win?!!!! Seriously?
will agree to disagree here Froggy as my beef isnt with you mate. Its just being constantly dragged down in so many threads by repetitive shit by the same poster.

PS After a crappy year on-field I am personally glad we have pick 4 and didnt win a few late meaningless games and end up 10th and a worse pick

Like the fact you have no idea IF this is the position he has been hired as or is it as senior asst NO ONE knows this until the club makes a statement but you are taking it as fact that he is the director of coaching

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’ve provided an opinion either way, have you? What’s your opinion if we’ve appointed an assistant as our coaching director after our extensive search? Reckon he was on top of our list.

On second thoughts, don’t bother replying, I know the answer.

I swear as soon as Sloane got his contract he stopped giving 100 percent.
it was Reids biggest stuff up. Sloane had shown he couldnt handle the tag BEFORE the contract was handed out. I think there would have been pressure not to lose more interstate talent after Danger, Lever, CC, MM etc all left within short amt of time and Rory leveraged this

In what way?

Just think as he aged and carried injury too his physical and talent shortfalls were exposed
He lost whatever explosiveness he had after that foot injury.

Nabbing the forward coach from the current premiership is a coup.

There is nothing to suggest Jimmy Bartel is anyway better or worse than Murray Davis.
For a start, Bartel has never Coached ....he is an unknown as a Coach ....we've seen many superstar players unable to Coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve provided an opinion either way, have you? What’s your opinion if we’ve appointed an assistant as our coaching director after our extensive search? Reckon he was on top of our list.

On second thoughts, don’t bother replying, I know the answer.
Whats the point of worrying about something that may or may not happen ? If he is the director see how he goes why jump at shadows all this angst and if we get wright or monty or both this bs has all been for nothing unlike you i dont worry about things until it actually happens not hypotheticals

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

In what way?

Just think as he aged and carried injury too his physical and talent shortfalls were exposed
First half of 2017 he looked like being a top 10 level midfielder, then completely fell away to just being a very good player.
To naked eye is just looked like he wasn't completely invested in being that player.
And didn't deserve the money he took from us.

Maybe it was his body, but for a while there I don't think he was giving it everything.

it was Reids biggest stuff up. Sloane had shown he couldnt handle the tag BEFORE the contract was handed out. I think there would have been pressure not to lose more interstate talent after Danger, Lever, CC, MM etc all left within short amt of time and Rory leveraged this
Yep don't think there were many happy with this deal at the time, it was already obvious it was overs.

He cashed in at the perfect time as the club didn't want the bad publicity of losing him.

will agree to disagree here Froggy as my beef isnt with you mate. Its just being constantly dragged down in so many threads by repetitive shit by the same poster.
Because people such as Wayne & Mostyn make statements and run away don’t back it up yet will ask the reverse of course that’ll defend threads.
Do you really think using the term bed wetters is going to improve the threads, I’ve lost count the number of times it’s been used in the last day alone.

The sloane contract and milera contract are in his hall of fame of bad contracts.

Milera got way overs but he held all the power. So many players were leaving and at the time he was about our only quality junior talent.

Purely good timing on his behalf but I think we might be surprised at how much he is on.

Yep don't think there were many happy with this deal at the time, it was already obvious it was overs.

He cashed in at the perfect time as the club didn't want the bad publicity of losing him.
Maybe folk here weren't happy

I can still remember the crowd roar at AO when he kicked a goal early a few days after he'd re-signed

Some on there really think that the pick they get for soldo in a trade will cover what they need for Lukosius...you literally could not make it up

Good luck with that, they don’t have much leverage considering he wants to leave and is a second string ruck

In what way?

IMO Sloane has never been quick, he's been a burst player .....I just think we should have moved him out of the midfield much sooner, and it would have provided more longevity .....Sloane would have been great in that small defender role, Bond undertook last year

A similar scenario is facing Laird .... a small man who has lost his #1 wood
Hopefully Laird drops 3-4 kgs, he said he put on at the start of 2024 .....I don't think it helped him

I think fans want the club to hire someone who can "reign in" Matthew Nicks.

The club doesn't want that, though.

Fans want Nicks to pay for the fact that he underachieved last season, and to have people above him getting us ready for the inevitable sacking.

The club seem to believe that Nicks needs more support, that he was left managing too many areas and that he wasn't given the resources to succeed.

That's what it seems like at least.

You think conclusions on Nix were drawn just because of last season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back