Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• Free agency lodgements for Cumming to Adelaide and Himmelberg to Gold Coast will go through tomorrow (link)
  • Gettable claiming the Peatling decision is still between three clubs (link)

Last edited:

literally anybody else, another rookie coach with a bit of IQ will do. every game this imbecile keeps first picking murphy will be the death of this club.
Whatever we think of Murphy, to say that the selection of the 23rd player in the team is the death of the club is idiotic. What happened this year really isn’t down to Murphy.

And ill say AGAIN slowly we have no bloody idea what position he has been OFFERED so unless you have esp or can see the future you are jumping at shadows

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
WE HAVE OUR COACHES LOCKED IN FOR 2025

THE MESSAGING WAS DIRECTOR OF COACHING

UNLESS YOU HAVE ESP HOW CAN YOU REFUTE THOSE CLAIMS?

I understand your thinking .....my POV is no-one was saying Sloane was overpaid at the start of his Contract, just the end

What is conveniently overlooked, was the paranoia surrounding his resigning ...."we can't lose Sloane"

Unfortunately the game has changed, which blunted Sloane's effectiveness late in his career .....less stoppages, less congestion, quicker midfields

We should have moved him out of the midfield ......
I don't think I was posting here when the signing happened, but I remember talking with my Dad at the time and we both thought we overpaid.

Giving in to the paranoia is what is annoying about the deal.

This board:

Waah waah why are we keeping the same coaches into 2025?

Club:

We are adding new personnel to our coaching panel.

This board:

Waah waah this new coach stinks poo poo.
If he is a coach then great the more the merrier

Its not his coaching credentials getting questioned its his role and does he have the experience for a higher role

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm the opposite.

I think someone coming in to manage the coaching team who has done every coaching role - that makes sense.

I'd like the Senior Assistant to be a bit more of a leader in the industry.
I'm happy to be gaining an experienced coach from an interstate club, who is the current premiers forward coach and who has experienced rebuilding of a club and team.

His only negative is my fault, not his. I've never heard of him.

I'm also pleased the club has sought him out. And lastly, I'm happy we're attractive enough for him to come.

I'm looking forward to us benefiting from all he brings. He'll be far better than what we currently have.

I don't think I was posting here when the signing happened, but I remember talking with my Dad at the time and we both thought we overpaid.

Looking at some of the Contracts happening .....all AFL Clubs are doing ridiculous Contracts

Over the years, even preceding the AFL, it's been demonstrated Football Clubs are incapable of managing money

I always objected to Clubs spending $10K for tribunal appeals, when it was simply spent to show support for their player .....this $10K was supporters membership funds, flushed down the drain

its time GROTTO ...do you still have the Rory Sloane wolf of Wall street edit video, that was so funny. For old times sake

He wasn't played either was he?
Initially yes. Hurt his knee, Sweet did ok, come back stank it up, Sweet picked again and was better than serviceable

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back