Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Not cancelling him at all. Just choosing what I do with my time
I think this is just a ridiculous point of view.
feenix67 has done gods work delivering crows news and opinion to thousands over a decade for people who are fed up with the Victorian media landscape, those that live interstate or overseas and those that are tired of our never ending ability to fail - holding the club to account.

Without feenix67 the groundswell of opinion that led to Pyke and Burton being shown the door, ushering in our new era may not have eventuated.

There are plenty of opinions I don't agree with many on here on a range if issues - Mutineer and George Kramer can attest, but the reason we are here and seeking out platforms like crowcast is because we are a community dreaming of one day getting to the promised land.

Don't let one opinion you don't agree with blind of you of the good feenix67 does. You dont have to agree or like what he has pushed here, but I think he has tried to not intentionally offend you.

My ex-employer regularly used similar pseudo-psychology grifters for staff training for many years. Different companies would come in peddling variations of the same nonsense. CM certainly didn't exist in a vacuum, they were just one of many similar type fraudsters. It was staggering how big an industry it was and how widely accepted it was. It all seems to have declined a little lately, or at least gone in different directions.
Companies have budgets allocated and staff training boxes to tick

If they just tossed thousands and thousands of dollars out the window it would have equal effect

I found the 90s were very big into this mainly due to the mandatory corporate training tax at the time. I used to run experiential training programs (team building, problem solving, high and low ropes courses) and we were booked solid.
No offence, but what would happen is you go back to work the next day, immediately under the pump 'cos everyone's been at a course/ team building and it's all forgotten about before you've finished your first coffee.

See if I can get this thread a bit more on track.

Saw my all things Luko related contact last night.
A coupla bits of info. He mulled over us and Port for 3 weeks. Take from that what you will.

We offered higher dollars. Seemed like if we had done that there's no way our contract would've been as long as ports (I could see us offering high dollars but for 3 maybe 4 years but not for 6 or whatever it is)so I asked if he knew the contract length but he didn't.

feenix67 has done gods work delivering crows news and opinion to thousands over a decade for people who are fed up with the Victorian media landscape, those that live interstate or overseas and those that are tired of our never ending ability to fail - holding the club to account.

Without feenix67 the groundswell of opinion that led to Pyke and Burton being shown the door, ushering in our new era may not have eventuated.

There are plenty of opinions I don't agree with many on here on a range if issues - Mutineer and George Kramer can attest, but the reason we are here and seeking out platforms like crowcast is because we are a community dreaming of one day getting to the promised land.

Don't let one opinion you don't agree with blind of you of the good feenix67 does. You dont have to agree or like what he has pushed here, but I think he has tried to not intentionally offend you.
Mate, I appreciate that, thankyou.

If I had thought to delete my posts for drunkenness, I'd have taken down that rant about "missing out" on Luke Edwards.

Edit: Just checked stats and sure enough, he's only cracked 20 disposals one time since that game against Richmond.

You make a great point to be honest. It is the best podcast going around. I shouldn’t have posted that and deleted it . Big enough to admit when I get it wrong. Sorry feenix67

Did you even read what I wrote? I’ve made assumptions based on your ridiculous post. FIFTEEN YEARS. FFS. Who doesn’t change the way they look at the world in 15 years?

I did read what you wrote. You effectively just said that people change over the course of 15 years and then went on to tell me exactly how I view this situation, described how my viewpoint hasn't changed over time and called me an arseh*le.

All from me just pointing out that you have celebrated AFL players dressing up as "alleged" sexual predator Michael Jackson whilst slamming other AFL players for dressing up as different "alleged" sexual predators.

Sure peoples opinions change. You haven't detailed how yours has changed over time. Do you still listen to and celebrate Michael Jackson's music?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are joking. You’ve sifted back to 2009! FIFTEEN YEARS AGO. Here’s something you may not know… people can actually change their stance on things without being hypocrites. Generally what happens as people age and our society changes, they adapt. You obviously don’t. You are one of those that refuse to see things through other’s eyes, even when given compelling arguments to show you how your long held opinions perhaps need to move with the times. How empathy is a very real thing and to continue down a certain path (making light of sexual assault), even knowing it causes great distress to others, just makes you the arseh*le.
See this is where I’m ahead of the pack I don’t have to wait for someone to call me an arseh*le………………… I already know that😁

The further away we get from this game - the better Hamill's game is getting in the minds of his fans.
In 2024 - Bobby Hill averaged 8.1 kicks, 3 handballs, 1.3 goals, 3.5 marks, 1.2 behinds and 1 goal assist.
Will Hamill's brilliant lockdown role kept him to 7 kicks, 2 handballs, 4 marks, 1 goal, 1 behind and 1 goal assist.

I don't think his concussion history has anything to do with his spot on the list. His last concussion was in 2022 and in 2023/2024 he has played 35 very average games (across SANFL/AFL).

Will Hamill is the exact same as Parnell & McPherson. They all showed a couple of flashes, but are more suited to SANFL than AFL.
I was at the Collingwood game and Hamill’s job on Hill was just very noticeable, a defenders role will never be reflected in just stats. It’s absolutely the best game I saw him play at AFL level.

See if I can get this thread a bit more on track.

Saw my all things Luko related contact last night.
A coupla bits of info. He mulled over us and Port for 3 weeks. Take from that what you will.

We offered higher dollars. Seemed like if we had done that there's no way our contract would've been as long as ports (I could see us offering high dollars but for 3 maybe 4 years but not for 6 or whatever it is)so I asked if he knew the contract length but he didn't.
I gather missing out on Lukosius meant we could up our offers to Cumming & Peatling.

The funny thing is no one is actually offended. The AFL jumped at it with no process to punish players for seemingly doing nothing wrong. The AFL have the right to protect their reputation, but its hard to argue that their reputation is of a higher standing than Netflix who air programs with worse offensive jokes and crude humour. This is where think i think if the players took it to court the AFL would have a hard time selling damage. Especially since double standards exist when actual crimes are committed.

As for the obvious rebuttal about the GWS womens team publicly admonishing the mens players for this, it clearly is a manipulated attack by the GWS club heirachy because they are the ones who agreed and negotiated the suspensions. So what better way to buy public support than to play the homophobic violence card. Its a well run PR strategy and AFLPA clearly are not happy because they know exactly what it was. Players scape goated in an attempt to avoid the risk of a bad PR.

The explanations are rife with half arsed reasons, the detail is lacking of the actual incidents and what the guilty parties supposidly did and I stand by my claim the excuse by the AFL of distasteful simply doesnt cut it. As predicted its starting to backfire and the AFL are coming across draconian and completely out of touch.
That is one possibility but you dont know that Your guessing, so its not obvious. Could we be a little suspicous, yes, but dont turn your thoughts into a fact. Nwo back to the gym.

Not cancelling him at all. Just choosing what I do with my time
That was the obvious implication by posting it in that way, although to your credit you've retracted it, so you're more of a man than mostyn and sizzlepack, who also tried it, will ever be 😃

Actually at one point Mostyn was agitating port supporters as is the duty of every crows supporter, and horrifyingly a few responded by finding his Twitter and sending some of his less tolerant tweets to his employer and then they bragged about it on here, which naturally he didn't appreciate, so you'd think he'd be a little more sensitive to the wrongs of trying to damage someone in a personal sense over forum things but apparently not lol

You are joking. You’ve sifted back to 2009! FIFTEEN YEARS AGO. Here’s something you may not know… people can actually change their stance on things without being hypocrites. Generally what happens as people age and our society changes, they adapt. You obviously don’t. You are one of those that refuse to see things through other’s eyes, even when given compelling arguments to show you how your long held opinions perhaps need to move with the times. How empathy is a very real thing and to continue down a certain path (making light of sexual assault), even knowing it causes great distress to others, just makes you the arseh*le.
That's nothing to do with moderating a world view over time, it's about emotional consistency. If the mention of any public figure causes you great pain now, (and that's the basis you're using to censor) it should have then too, so his point of your lack of consistency is valid. Not that it matters, as already as been pointed out you have zero right to censor what you don't find funny and neither does the afl, hence the outrage of their overreaching

That's nothing to do with moderating a world view over time, it's about emotional consistency. If the mention of any public figure causes you great pain now, (and that's the basis you're using to censor) it should have then too, so his point of your lack of consistency is valid. Not that it matters, as already as been pointed out you have zero right to censor what you don't find funny and neither does the afl, hence the outrage of their overreaching
Irrespective of what did or didn't happen at the Woolly Bay Hotel with the GWS crew, Jenny more than anything has been asking for folk around here to be a little more respectful about the way we speak about violence and in particular sexual violence

I don't think that's unreasonable

Personally I don't find rape funny

Irrespective of what did or didn't happen at the Woolly Bay Hotel with the GWS crew, Jenny more than anything has been asking for folk around here to be a little more respectful about the way we speak about violence and in particular sexual violence

I don't think that's unreasonable

Personally I don't find rape funny
And without wanting to re-open the shitshow that has been the last week, there’s a difference between someone dressing up us Michael Jackson, and someone dressing up as an alleged rapist, with a blow up doll, who as part of it all simulates sex acts with said doll - and given the theme and context, one can reasonably assume he was play acting rape.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back