Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Thumbs down is a good thing depending on who is doing it.

I have nothing against Milera. I'm sure he's a good bloke and he's been super unlucky but there should be a time limit on people selling the rejuvenated player narrative. It gets irritating.
I either put on here, or on twitter earlier this year that Milera has been super lucky not to cop the same level of vitriol the likes of Jones and Ned get. To me he is not much better, has some tools and looked great in parts but has barely managed to put a whole game together let alone a run of games.

Haven't been said here but Twomey said Crows have narrowed it down to Draper, Langford, FOS (Twomey suspects FoS will be gone)

So very likely a choice between Langford or Draper

I've been a huge fan of Langford, equally as happy if it's Draper

I'm stoked hearing this news (not keen on Reid/Lalor/Smillie)

Haven't been said here but Twomey said Crows have narrowed it down to Draper, Langford, FOS (Twomey suspects FoS will be gone)

So very likely a choice between Langford or Draper

I've been a huge fan of Langford, equally as happy if it's Draper

I'm stoked hearing this news (not keen on Reid/Lalor/Smillie)
Is he assuming Smith is gone before the Crows pick as would have thought there is a decent chance he will be available.

Is he assuming Smith is gone before the Crows pick as would have thought there is a decent chance he will be available.
I'm quite stumped on that, seems like no one in the top 4 is interested

I'd actually draft Jagga if it was my choice, reminds me of Zak Butters

Regardless I'm rapt with our supposed choices, can't go wrong

Jagga could slip to 5 (Dees?), would be robbery if he slipped to 7 saints

I'm quite stumped on that, seems like no one in the top 4 is interested

I'd actually draft Jagga if it was my choice, reminds me of Zak Butters

Regardless I'm rapt with our supposed choices, can't go wrong

Jagga could slip to 5 (Dees?), would be robbery if he slipped to 7 saints
I'm assuming either Draper or Smith will be available & would be stoked with either.

If Smith is there I'm 100% taking him.

I never thought that he'd be available at our pick but would definitely grab him.

What i love most about smith is he is an "always thinking" player, continuously evaluating options to make sure he picks the best one. His IQ based on the limited vision I've seen looks elite.

What I love about Smith and Draper is their burst speed and agility out of congestion. Smith looks to have neater disposal and is more evasive but Draper seems stronger and more powerful. I understand there are concerns with Drapers kicking, but his kicking mechanics looks sound so I'm confident this won't be an issue.

I feel the burst speed, agility and evasiveness is a massive need for our midfield, greater than a big bodied midfielder. In a perfect world we have a big bodied midfielder with great burst speed, power and acceleration and skills.

If Smith is there I'm 100% taking him.

I never thought that he'd be available at our pick but would definitely grab him.

What i love most about smith is he is an "always thinking" player, continuously evaluating options to make sure he picks the best one. His IQ based on the limited vision I've seen looks elite.

What I love about Smith and Draper is their burst speed and agility out of congestion. Smith looks to have neater disposal and is more evasive but Draper seems stronger and more powerful. I understand there are concerns with Drapers kicking, but his kicking mechanics looks sound so I'm confident this won't be an issue.

I feel the burst speed, agility and evasiveness is a massive need for our midfield, greater than a big bodied midfielder. In a perfect world we have a big bodied midfielder with great burst speed, power and acceleration and skills.
clark kent GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. Extending them shuffles our cap space in 2025 and beyond. Paying out a contracted player requires room in the 2024 salary cap, which has already been spent.

What it may do is free up more space in the 2026 cap, for hunting Free Agents again next year.

On SM-A5360 using BigFooty.com mobile app
But Vader surely we have been operating at around 95% - even this year. This means we would have spare capacity or at least some “banked capacity” from previous years to pay out a 300-400k type Shoey contract?

But Vader surely we have been operating at around 95% - even this year. This means we would have spare capacity or at least some “banked capacity” from previous years to pay out a 300-400k type Shoey contract?

Who knows, maybe we back ended a few of these contracts and it bit us. Or none of it happened and we merely want to keep these players for now. There is a lot of assumption the club wants to delist more players. I dont think we do. Otherwise it would have been done.

Who knows, maybe we back ended a few of these contracts and it bit us. Or none of it happened and we merely want to keep these players for now. There is a lot of assumption the club wants to delist more players. I dont think we do. Otherwise it would have been done.
Logic states we wouldn’t be at 105% this year, that’s when we are in peak years. otherwise we can just rejig a couple of players last 100k for the year and move to next yr (TT, Dawson, Laird, Rachele, etc) to create the 300-400k needed to pay someone out like Shoey

Logic states we wouldn’t be at 105% this year, that’s when we are in peak years. otherwise we can just rejig a couple of players last 100k for the year and move to next yr (TT, Dawson, Laird, Rachele, etc) to create the 300-400k needed to pay someone out like Shoey

But again you are assuming we want to.

Looks like Patrick Parnell is staying in SA. Picked up by Glenelg apparently along with Jarryd Lyons.

Would definitely grab, but I'm trying to be realistic and he's not going to be available
I think Bo Allan also projects pretty well on that score, I think he may go higher than is being touted too, personally I'm more for an impact per possession type player than someone that picks up great numbers but with limited hurt factor. That's where I see our midfield's most need personally.

Well I'm trying to follow the advice of, if you wouldn't feel comfortable saying it in front of your mother, don't say it here
My mother used to swear, and then say "Excuse the French".

Imagine my year 3 teacher's surprise when she asked if any of us knew any French words...

(Yeah, it's a joke. I don't think my mother ever swore even once in her whole 80 years on this planet.)

My mother used to swear, and then say "Excuse the French".

Imagine my year 3 teacher's surprise when she asked if any of us knew any French words...

(Yeah, it's a joke. I don't think my mother ever swore even once in her whole 80 years on this planet.)
va te faire foutre

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back